Ark-La-Tex S2000 Owners Covering Arkansas, Louisiana, and East Texas

Delta Region Autocross Sunday May 24th, 2009

Old 05-06-2009, 05:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

is there a late fee? also. do u pay and u can run as long as u want? or u only get in a couple of laps
Old 05-06-2009, 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by awkwardturtle,May 6 2009, 05:45 PM
is there a late fee? also. do u pay and u can run as long as u want? or u only get in a couple of laps
No late fee. You can preregister online and pay or you can pay at the event. The fee is $25 for SCCA members, $35 for nonmembers. You are assigned a class depending on your car and its modifications. There are two run groups. One group works corners while the other group does their runs, then we swap. The day is broken up into two "heats", so you will get a certain number of runs in the morning and then more runs in the afternoon. Sometimes we also do "fun runs" after the second heat for anyone who wants more seat time.
Old 05-06-2009, 07:59 PM

might just come out to this event.. haven't ran the S at auto-x yet, might do pretty bad though, got really used to driving my old civic haha
Old 05-06-2009, 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by Hkboi5o4,May 6 2009, 07:59 PM
might just come out to this event.. haven't ran the S at auto-x yet, might do pretty bad though, got really used to driving my old civic haha
Don't worry about how well you will do. Just come out and have fun. Performing better will come with time. You will do just as well as every other novice there. And if you're used to driving a FWD car, you should definitely come out and learn the S. It might just save your ass on the street.
Old 05-06-2009, 08:26 PM

yeah most people tell me i should take the S out to auto-x to get used to it if i ever lose control on the streets.. thats why when i do drive on the street.. my ass drive on the right lane going 40mph haha

ohh btw where do you guys get your helmets mostly at? been looking on Ebay.. but just wondering if there were better sites to buy from
Old 05-06-2009, 08:36 PM
tof

Received 1,922 Likes on 1,312 Posts

Originally Posted by track309,May 6 2009, 01:31 PM

Ahh...this is exactly why I don't autocross much. I have walked courses four or five times and spent the next hour studying a course map...and I still end up cone-blind more often than not unless the layout is really simple (not technically...simple in terms of navigation.) But you never know.

BTW, I know helmets must be dot but I believe they must also be snel m or snell sal certified...but what I don't know..and hope someone can answer...is what year standard is the minimum required at delta soloII events.
Old 05-06-2009, 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by tof,May 6 2009, 08:36 PM
Ahh...this is exactly why I don't autocross much. I have walked courses four or five times and spent the next hour studying a course map...and I still end up cone-blind more often than not unless the layout is really simple (not technically...simple in terms of navigation.) But you never know.

BTW, I know helmets must be dot but I believe they must also be snel m or snell sal certified...but what I don't know..and hope someone can answer...is what year standard is the minimum required at delta soloII events.
My helmet is Snell approved, but I'm pretty sure Autox helmets only have to be DOT approved. I could be wrong.

Where to buy them? I couldn't tell you. I'm using a full faced motorcycle helmet from when I had my SV650S. I also have a spare DOT approved helmet that I got from Garrett Honda on clearance for $40! Look around. Ebay is probably your best bet. If I were you I would buy a Snell approved helmet just to be safe. If you are unfamiliar with the ratings, Snell has higher safety standards than DOT. Don't go cheap on the piece of equipment that will protect your noggin... unless you want to receive coloring books for christmas for the rest of your life.
Old 05-06-2009, 09:07 PM

sweet. also is the loaner helmet free?
Old 05-06-2009, 09:09 PM

how do i become a member? 25 is way better then 35 =]
Old 05-06-2009, 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by tof,May 6 2009, 11:36 PM
Tof, they actually don't use as many cones as before and the courses are not a tight. It is visually easier now that alot of the turns and entrances are now guided by lines of chalk.

Quick Reply: Delta Region Autocross Sunday May 24th, 2009