Ark-La-Tex S2000 Owners Covering Arkansas, Louisiana, and East Texas

Louisiana Owners Thread!

Old 06-08-2017, 11:10 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TwoSlo
Can anyone recommend a shop/person who can replace a soft top?
i would think most body shops would be capable
Old 07-01-2017, 07:23 PM

Default Lafayette New Formula Red 07 S2000

I live in Lafayette and bought mine this past October, with just under 60K miles. Since then, have torqued the rear axle nuts, new oil, diff, and trans fluid as well as new brake fluid, added the Modifry top straps, new plugs, valve adjustment, Ballade 70mm TB, cooling plate to gutted stock air box, Flash Pro Tune, Ballade high flow cat. I plan on doing some HPDE and so plan on diy front/rear brake ducts, upgraded pads, ss brake lines, using modified rear wheels front/rear for a 245 square setup, new injectors, a PLM header, a roll bar, larger radiator and Club Racer springs, struts and sway bars. I have seen only about 5 other s2k's in Lafayette. I've been doing HPDE in a very modified 86 Mustang (Griggs suspension, Mass Air 351 Windsor) since 1994 (the Mustang is my first brand new car) and every time I was on track with the s2K's or Miatas, they just ate my lunch. So, I decided to go over to the Dark Side to get faster by adding lightness (apologies to Colin Chapman). Hope I can meet someone with track experience, I need info on seats and harness mounting.
Old 07-02-2017, 06:43 AM

Originally Posted by Periodoc
I live in Lafayette and bought mine this past October, with just under 60K miles. Since then, have torqued the rear axle nuts, new oil, diff, and trans fluid as well as new brake fluid, added the Modifry top straps, new plugs, valve adjustment, Ballade 70mm TB, cooling plate to gutted stock air box, Flash Pro Tune, Ballade high flow cat. I plan on doing some HPDE and so plan on diy front/rear brake ducts, upgraded pads, ss brake lines, using modified rear wheels front/rear for a 245 square setup, new injectors, a PLM header, a roll bar, larger radiator and Club Racer springs, struts and sway bars. I have seen only about 5 other s2k's in Lafayette. I've been doing HPDE in a very modified 86 Mustang (Griggs suspension, Mass Air 351 Windsor) since 1994 (the Mustang is my first brand new car) and every time I was on track with the s2K's or Miatas, they just ate my lunch. So, I decided to go over to the Dark Side to get faster by adding lightness (apologies to Colin Chapman). Hope I can meet someone with track experience, I need info on seats and harness mounting.
Welcome to the dark side. See you at nola motorsports in Sept.?
Old 07-02-2017, 07:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Happy to be a part of the S2k Club

I'm actually having a couple issues if anyone can help. My clutch and clutch master cylinder, seem to be having issues. For some reason, when the car is off I can switch into any gear, when I'm driving after changing my fluid, I can go from 1st to 2nd, then the forth and so on. I cannot at any time while driving shift into third gear without grinding. I just bought the car we can go, and the guy who sold it to me, tell me it's working perfectly. Come to find out a week later, because my need to be replaced, the master cylinder, headlights, whole bunch of issues. I would really appreciate some help from someone, because last car owner was an SI. Obviously it is to completely different cars, and I haven't had the car long enough, to try and figure out its quirks.
Old 07-03-2017, 07:12 AM

If I get the brakes upgraded, then a good chance.
Old 07-03-2017, 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by Periodoc
If I get the brakes upgraded, then a good chance.
a must: vent the front brakes, ss lines, and at least better pads for the front. the front wears 3x faster then the back with oem
The following users liked this post:
Periodoc (07-04-2017)
Old 07-18-2017, 06:18 AM

Are you using a race seat, harness, roll bar? Any advice on those? I'm thinking of running a 245 square setup (after brake mods done) using bored out rear AP2 wheels. Also, are you using an upgraded radiator and oil cooler? I got the Ballade oil pan baffle and had it welded into the pan. What are your thoughts on this? Thanks
Old 07-18-2017, 06:24 AM

One more question: what have you heard about the Federal RS-R tires? Any good down here in the gulf coast heat?
Old 07-18-2017, 02:37 PM

check your PM
Old 07-16-2018, 11:52 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

After what the search indicates to be a 9 year hiatus, checking in from the Baton Rouge.
2001 Silverstone AP1

Sadly, don't recognize many names here, but last time I visited there was still a NOLA sub-forum.

Quick Reply: Louisiana Owners Thread!