Ark-La-Tex S2000 Owners Covering Arkansas, Louisiana, and East Texas

Meet long over due?

Old 10-29-2013, 05:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I need front tires in order to do red bluff again...but it is fun. Can't do Nov 16 due to work.
Old 10-31-2013, 06:50 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You NOLA guys gotta be get up and active again like how it use to be. You all were known to have the biggest S2000 crew on the coast. I was quite disappointed in the outcome of the last Shed meet and the number of participants.
Old 11-01-2013, 10:32 AM

we used to be.. not sure what happened
Old 11-01-2013, 12:35 PM

The main group of guys got married/getting married/about to get married/ or on handcuffs
Old 11-01-2013, 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by Distracted S2000
You NOLA guys gotta be get up and active again like how it use to be. You all were known to have the biggest S2000 crew on the coast. I was quite disappointed in the outcome of the last Shed meet and the number of participants.
Alot of the guys moved on or sold their S. Some just disappeared. Its unfortunate but it happens.

Btw, how does a small meet Sunday Nov 17 at Morning Call sound ? Ive been getting into shooting video would like to have stuff to film.

Open invite to all makes and models, BR, NOLA, MS, AL. Ill make a official thread in a hr or two
Old 11-02-2013, 11:15 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GQED
Originally Posted by Distracted S2000' timestamp='1383231011' post='22855376
Alot of the guys moved on or sold their S. Some just disappeared. Its unfortunate but it happens.

Btw, how does a small meet Sunday Nov 17 at Morning Call sound ? Ive been getting into shooting video would like to have stuff to film.

Open invite to all makes and models, BR, NOLA, MS, AL. Ill make a official thread in a hr or two
I understand that people got other things going on, but I'm mainly targeting those that are still around here. How are you all going to host a big meet and have 4 guys show up repping NOLA at the shed meet? The others were expecting a whole fleet of you guys, not 4-5. They came to me asking wtf, thats it?

I sold my S2000 couple months back and picked up a Lotus, but that doesn't mean i'm out of the S2K scene. I still rep the S2Krewe all the way here in Mobile, AL. Come on guys, lets all do something big. Perhaps talk to the other OGs and see if they're interested in a little reunion. I won't be able to make it Nov 17 due to exams, but i'd be happy to attend any meets after. Preferably in the MS location for us AL/FL people, but i'm down for any. I plan to pickup a Laguna Blue sometime in January after my swap.
Old 11-02-2013, 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by Distracted S2000
Originally Posted by GQED' timestamp='1383345202' post='22857914
[quote name='Distracted S2000' timestamp='1383231011' post='22855376']

I understand that people got other things going on, but I'm mainly targeting those that are still around here. How are you all going to host a big meet and have 4 guys show up repping NOLA at the shed meet? The others were expecting a whole fleet of you guys, not 4-5. They came to me asking wtf, thats it?

I sold my S2000 couple months back and picked up a Lotus, but that doesn't mean i'm out of the S2K scene. I still rep the S2Krewe all the way here in Mobile, AL. Come on guys, lets all do something big. Perhaps talk to the other OGs and see if they're interested in a little reunion. I won't be able to make it Nov 17 due to exams, but i'd be happy to attend any meets after. Preferably in the MS location for us AL/FL people, but i'm down for any. I plan to pickup a Laguna Blue sometime in January after my swap.
[/quote]

Obviously you don't understand. Let me reiterate my point again. Its not that people have "things going on". The majority of S2000 owners from years past have "moved on". Let that sink in a bit. Maybe I wasn't specific enough in my last post but about 80% of S2K owners that was affiliated with S2krewe has:

1/ Sold their S2ks and moved on to something better, economical, family friendly or all of the above
2/ MOVED out of state and joined the S2k community elsewhere
3/ Some simply just vanished, no contact whatsoever whether it be via forums, text, phone etc
4/ PEOPLE grow up, find new hobbies, & rather do other things than attend a car meet

And as far as the owners that are still around, the "OGs" ? People have schedule constraints and obligations that did not allow them to attend. Even if they were able to attend, maybe 10 S2000s from NOLA would have showed, maybe. I thought the last Shed meet was great. It obviously doesn't compare to our past Shed meets but it was a good turnout from MS & AL nonetheless. Whether it was with 20+ S2ks from NOLA or 5, everyone seemed to have a good time & enjoyed themselves which is what it should really be about, not the amount of S2ks that show up.