S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   Ark-La-Tex S2000 Owners (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/ark-la-tex-s2000-owners-88/)
-   -   RAMBLINGS Thread .... Whats on your brain ? (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/ark-la-tex-s2000-owners-88/ramblings-thread-whats-your-brain-782365/)

Munnerlyn 05-26-2010 08:11 AM

I'm thinking he needs a 510! :)

Munnerlyn 05-26-2010 08:19 AM

Something like this:

http://a725.ac-images.myspacecdn.com...0fe01c6c44.jpg

http://image.superstreetonline.com/f...n_510+sr20.jpg

http://www.turbophile.com/feature_ca.../engine_in.jpg

Kev!n 05-26-2010 08:29 AM

i love that Datsun 510 <3.

Hmm i need one of these in the S

Munnerlyn 05-26-2010 07:55 PM

You'll like this then:

http://jjizzle.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/f.jpg

http://content1-foto.inbox.lv/albums...leamLbw1ug.jpg

Kev!n 05-26-2010 09:13 PM

Give me some mula :)

Munnerlyn 05-26-2010 09:25 PM

I will, when I reach that billionaire mark! haha

Kev!n 05-26-2010 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by Munnerlyn,May 27 2010, 12:25 AM
I will, when I reach that billionaire mark! haha

shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit. Id be happy with 10 million. 3 of which would be spent on cars. maybe all of it :p

Munnerlyn 05-26-2010 09:49 PM

lol... Yeah thats the plan, FEMA trailer and a garage the size of the Alltel Arena! :LOL:

Munnerlyn 05-28-2010 09:29 AM

Just picked up a 4pt SA Belt 2inch on the s2ki classifieds for $25 shipped! It will be going on my friend's brother in law's go cart. He keeps on crashing it into things! :D

Kev!n 05-28-2010 12:55 PM

so i finally checked my engine light. idk what to do.

PO325 Knock sensor 1 circuit malfunction bank 1

icemans2k02 05-28-2010 01:42 PM

dude datsun 510 with rb26det on forza 3 wins all!!!!

Munnerlyn 05-28-2010 10:46 PM

/\ Game Over!

Kev!n 05-29-2010 08:06 AM

Originally Posted by Kev!n,May 28 2010, 03:55 PM
so i finally checked my engine light. idk what to do.

PO325 Knock sensor 1 circuit malfunction bank 1

So researching. i found out that they broke my knock sensor when replacing my clutch. this is going to be an expensive item. :(

Munnerlyn 05-29-2010 08:36 AM

Our knock sensors really are expensive:

http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=knock+sen...n=&_trksid=m270

Kev!n 05-29-2010 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by Munnerlyn,May 29 2010, 11:36 AM
Our knock sensors really are expensive:

http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=knock+sen...n=&_trksid=m270

$107 for stock. i rather go with stock because i know it will work.

JulieU 05-29-2010 08:49 AM

Not sure if this is the correct part number, but if it's 30530-PRC-003, then you can get it for $56.47 + shipping from Majestic Honda. :shrug:

Munnerlyn 05-29-2010 09:02 AM

Majestic Honda gets a :thumbup: from me! Great Site!

Kev!n 05-29-2010 09:24 AM

Thats where I got the price from for an ap2.

Munnerlyn 05-29-2010 11:28 PM

My friend just wrecked his brother's 2003 Silverstone. He was driving like an idiot when he hit a curb and broke every piece of his passenger side rear wheel assembly. His brother is in Iraq at the moment. :faint: I'll be making a WTB list of all the parts he needs shortly. I just got home at 2 AM. In other news, I've got a feeling that the meet is going to be a blast!

icemans2k02 05-30-2010 04:53 AM

Munny I have rear suspension pieces if you need them. Both rear knuckles. Lower control arms and the passenger upper control arm. Lemme know if you need them.

mr flannery77 05-30-2010 06:11 AM

Originally Posted by Munnerlyn,May 29 2010, 11:28 PM
My friend just wrecked his brother's 2003 Silverstone. He was driving like an idiot when he hit a curb and broke every piece of his passenger side rear wheel assembly. His brother is in Iraq at the moment. :faint: I'll be making a WTB list of all the parts he needs shortly. I just got home at 2 AM. In other news, I've got a feeling that the meet is going to be a blast!

Damn dude!! I'm glad his brother's okay, but I would have one bitched slapped brother if mine had pulled that! :slap: :D

Munnerlyn 05-30-2010 06:18 AM

Hey Bobby PM me your phone number when you get a chance! I'll make a list of everything we need by tomorrow. Do you have any differential mounts by any chance? He busted the left differential mount.

I know, I would have killed that kid! He said he was going to facebook his brother! I'm sure that will go over well! :chainsaw:

abnormals2k 05-30-2010 11:15 AM

wish i could have gone to that meet today, but nooooooo i had to kick the sh!t outta Pinnacle Mtn today..i wasnt given an option..(the Mrs... :banghead: )...hope you guys have fun..

oh and Majestic honda is overpriced but ok, the wing they sell for $513 i bought for $100..

Munnerlyn 05-30-2010 09:52 PM

We wish you could have made it too buddy! Honestly, we had a blast. We had a decent turn out for really the first official Texas Ark-La-Tex meet ever! We're looking to make it even bigger this next time! We'll plan ahead next time so everyone can schedule for it!

Munnerlyn 05-31-2010 01:53 PM

This article was copied verbatim from Wired.com.

Why Texas Makes Perfect Sense

Formula 1 is returning to the United States — and let us pause here to say woo-hoo! — and a lot of people wonder why Formula One Management chose Austin, Texas.

Actually, Austin makes perfect sense.

The United States Grand Prix has been hosted by everyone from Long Beach to Indianapolis, but New York is its historical home. The Empire State hosted the race from 1961 until 1980. New York put together a solid bid to host the race when it returns to the U.S. in 2012, but in the end F1M, which manages and licenses the sport, chose Texas. Austin, its capital, will host the United States Grand Prix from 2012 through 2020.

Matt Hardigee of Jalopnik has written a detailed account of how and why New York “got screwed,” as he put it. In a nutshell, Hardigee argues that as recently as May 5 it appeared F1 was returning to New York. He also notes that Bernie Ecclestone — the capo di tutti capi of F1 — and famed track designer Herman Tilke had visited Monticello Motor Club and hoped to stage a race there.

We’d argue that New York wasn’t screwed and it’s clear why F1 would choose Austin.

First and foremost, Ecclestone’s first, second and third considerations are the best interests — read, money — of Formula One Management. By Hardigee’s own (excellent) reporting, Texas was a bigger payday. What’s more, everyone from the governor and state comptroller on down is behind the project. That will help grease the skids as Texas scrambles to build a track.

Speaking of the track, Ecclestone gets a facility designed and built specifically for F1, one some experts tell the Austin American-Statesman could cost as much as $250 million. Had F1 returned to New York, it probably would have run at Watkins Glen or Monticello — two excellent tracks, to be sure, but not the modern operations Ecclestone has come to expect (and receive) from new grands prix hosts.

“For the first time in the history of Formula One in the United States, a world-class facility will be purpose-built to host the event,” Ecclestone said in a statement. Of course, it remains to be seen how Austin will get a track together in time for the 2012 season, so Ecclestone may wish he had gone with an existing track. But that’s a whole ‘nother story.

Another advantage Austin has is the audience. Ecclestone has made a push to expand F1 into new markets — China, Abu Dhabi and, beginning next year, Korea and India — and new audiences. He accomplishes this in Texas, a point F1M makes when it says Austin is “perfectly located geographically for North, South and Central American visitors.” On the other hand, going to New York would mean sharing a market, and essentially the same audience, with the Canadian GP.

This wasn’t a matter of New York being screwed, it was a matter of Austin making more sense for Formula 1 Management and, ultimately, the sport. And at the end of the day, the only thing that really matters is F1 returning to the United States.

Munnerlyn 05-31-2010 01:55 PM

Here is another from Formula1.com

Formula One World Championship Limited and Formula One Administration Limited (together, the F1 Commercial Rights Holder) and Full Throttle Productions, LP, promoter of the Formula 1 United States Grand Prix™, announce that a historic agreement has been reached for Austin, Texas to serve as the host city of the Formula 1 United States Grand Prix™ for years 2012 through 2021.

“We are extremely honoured and proud to reach an agreement with the F1 Commercial Rights Holder. We have been diligently working together for several years to bring this great event to Austin, the State of Texas and back to the United States. All parties involved have a great amount of trust and confidence in each other and are committed to establishing the Formula 1 United States Grand Prix™ in Austin, Texas as a prestigious global event,” stated Tavo Hellmund, Managing Partner of Full Throttle Productions, LP.

Bernie Ecclestone, President and CEO of the Formula One Group stated: “For the first time in the history of Formula One in the United States, a world-class facility will be purpose-built to host the event. It was thirty years ago that the Formula 1 United States Grand Prix™ was last held on a purpose-built permanent road course circuit in Watkins Glen, NY (1961-1980), which enjoyed great success. Since then, Formula One has been hosted by Long Beach, Las Vegas, Detroit, Dallas and Phoenix all on temporary street circuits. Indianapolis joined the ranks of host cities in 2000 when they added a road course inside the famed oval. Lewis Hamilton won the last Formula 1 United States Grand Prix™ in 2007, signalling the end to eight years at Indianapolis Motor Speedway. This however, will be the first time a facility is constructed from the ground up specifically for Formula One in the US.”

Mr. Hellmund added: “This is a case of the right timing in the right place. As many Americans know, Austin has earned a reputation as one of the ‘it’ cities in the United States. Austin features that rare combination of ideal geographic location and beauty. Its fine dining, world-renowned hospitality and excellent transportation infrastructure make Austin ideally suited to host and manage an event of this magnitude. Few cities if any in America could rival the connectivity of all the key elements needed for hosting a Formula 1 event as well as Austin. Now, many people around the world will have the opportunity to experience a world-class event, facility and city.”

“We are pleased Texas has the opportunity to be involved with Formula 1 and that an event of this magnitude is coming to Austin,” said Susan Combs, Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts. “It has been a pleasure working with Full Throttle Productions, LP and Mr. Hellmund on this project. Their tradition of producing successful major events coupled with a thirty year relationship with Mr. Ecclestone has us looking forward to this worldwide event and the benefits it will bring, including local job creation, increased tourism and a significant economic impact added to our state economy. The visibility and prestige of this event will spotlight our state on an international stage.”

Texas Governor Rick Perry conveyed his enthusiasm for the project, explaining “Texas’ relatively strong economy continues to draw both national and international attention and I commend Comptroller Combs for her work in bringing this exciting event to the Lone Star State.”

City of Austin Mayor Lee Leffingwell continued the positive sentiments, adding "The City of Austin will be proud to host this magnificent event and I look forward to welcoming the participants and fans of Formula One to our City."

Full Throttle Productions, LP acknowledges with great appreciation the efforts of all parties involved including Bernie Ecclestone, President and CEO of the Formula One Group, and the local and state officials of Texas.

“It has been a shared vision and monumental task to reach this agreement. We realize that over the last 30 years there have been one or two missing pieces from the previous editions of the Formula 1 United States Grand Prix™. We have a tremendous opportunity at hand to do it right - to feature Austin as the backdrop and produce the Formula 1 United States Grand Prix™ as one of the great sporting events in the world,” stated Hellmund.

In addition to the State of Texas being the 11th strongest economy in the world, it has more Fortune 500 company headquarters than any other state. Key features of Austin include:
- State capital nicknamed ‘Silicon Hills’ for being one of the most important regions in the US for the Technology Industry;
- USA’s 15th largest city and is located 145 miles from Houston (4th largest US city), 70 miles from San Antonio (7th largest US city), and 180 miles from Dallas (8th largest US city), population in this triangle is over 22 million;
- perfectly located geographically for North, South and Central American visitors;
- over 130 daily departing international flights within 180 miles;
- over 250,000 hotel rooms within 180 miles;
- desirable year-round climate, with an average annual temperature of 68 degrees Fahrenheit (20 Celsius);
- geographically located in the Texas Hill Country, easily the most beautiful city in the State, and considered one of the most in the US;
- hotels/downtown/Formula 1 circuit/airport located within close proximity of each other, which is nearly impossible for any other large city in the US;
- world class night life entertainment along renowned ‘Sixth Street’; and
- large film industry presence - many movies filmed in the area.

Austin’s National Recognition
- Known as “The Live Music Capital of the World”
- Voted “Greenest City in America” (MSN)
- Voted “Least Stressful Large Metro” in the United States (Forbes)
- Voted Top Two “Best Cities” in the United States (Money Magazine)
- Voted Top Three “Hippest Cities” in the United States (Forbes)
- Voted Top Five “Safest Cities” in the United States (Forbes)
- Voted Top Ten “Sports & Fitness Cities” in the USA (Sports Business Journal)

Full Throttle Productions, LP is an Austin, Texas, special event and sports production company that provides event conception, event project management, day of event oversight, staffing and volunteer services, venue planning and logistics support.

More information on the Formula 1 United States Grand Prix™ will be forthcoming shortly. In the meantime, all queries should be directed to info@fullthrottleproductionslp.com.

Munnerlyn 06-01-2010 09:06 AM

I just sent this guy a pm. If it hasn't already sold, we may be picking up this Vertex WBK 240 Shell for Tom.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...2/IMG_5900.jpg

http://www.houston-imports.com/forums/show...ighlight=vertex

icemans2k02 06-01-2010 10:24 AM

damn that is awesome! that dude really wants you to know about the flake lol

abnormals2k 06-01-2010 06:06 PM

i dont care who you are, i love a good 240 or 180sx,..tokyo drifting FTW!!

Munnerlyn 06-01-2010 07:21 PM

I'm still waiting for him to PM us back! Toms got cash in hand.... just waiting.... :boring:

Munnerlyn 06-01-2010 07:49 PM

I personally want to build a Tra Kyoto Widebody S13 Coupe:

http://www.tra-kyoto.com/6666/s13/s13f_3.jpg

Here is the s13 Hatch:

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a3...oto/180SXb.jpg

Munnerlyn 06-01-2010 09:11 PM

Just talked to the guy! He just sold it today! :( He was a really cool guy though! He owns a shop in Houston and seems to put out some nice stuff!

ScottsS2k 06-02-2010 06:54 PM

that F1 track in austin, do you think they will do road race days like hallet in ok?

Munnerlyn 06-02-2010 08:36 PM

They may. A track like that would bring so much money to our state, it would be awesome!

abnormals2k 06-03-2010 07:16 AM

I myself am sucker for a pearl white S15 silvia

Munnerlyn 06-03-2010 08:16 AM

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_NRSDCBt4i-U/Sd...t_Fours_38.jpg

icemans2k02 06-03-2010 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by Munnerlyn,Jun 3 2010, 10:16 AM

:surprised: :surprised: :faint:
pants are now soaked

Ch0pper 06-03-2010 10:38 AM

^^ love those wheels

Ch0pper 06-03-2010 10:47 AM

Badass that Austin is getting an F1 track!
Austin is like the best city in the "south" culture and fun!

Munnerlyn 06-03-2010 10:50 PM

I thought everyone would appreciate that Silvia! I'm excited about Texas getting an F1 track also! I've lived in both Austin and Houston and I have to say my vote is with the latter, although Austin finishes 2nd in my favorite southern cities.

Munnerlyn 06-06-2010 10:24 AM

I've been talking with Mason and a few others from the Ark-La-Tex and we'd like to get a joint meet with the 350z guys and other local car communities going! Everything is up in the air as of now, but any suggestions would be welcomed!

mr flannery77 06-06-2010 12:15 PM

Yes, I think that the potential is certainly there for a great meet! Depending on the response we get from everyone, I feel it could be a wonderful opportunity to bring everyone together for a chance to get to know members of not only the S2KI community that some of us have yet to meet, but to meet members from other communities as well!

Kev!n 06-06-2010 01:24 PM

I'm down like always

Munnerlyn 06-06-2010 07:53 PM

When I get back from this trip, we'll really start planning it. An idea we have is to rent out a part at the park and grill out. What other groups should we ask to the meet?

ans2k 06-06-2010 08:48 PM

i just got my car back so all is well and i wouldnt mind showing it off. also something random, the "C" in vtec some how dented the bottom of my cf hood and it actually lumps up on the surface of the hood. :( and now the valve cover is rubbing the bottom of the hood.

Munnerlyn 06-06-2010 09:46 PM

This is not a permanent fix, but you may put a few washers in between the hinges and the hood. It would give you a little clearance until you can fix it properly.

ans2k 06-06-2010 09:58 PM

ok? so what is a permanent fix? it is rubbing toward the front of the valve cover.

Munnerlyn 06-06-2010 10:06 PM

Does it look like the hood has been shifted? It may just need a little realignment.

ans2k 06-06-2010 10:16 PM

shifted. a little, and it is in a better spot then when it was before.

ans2k 06-06-2010 10:16 PM

i'll take pics when i can.

Munnerlyn 06-07-2010 08:20 AM

This is how I find cool stuff on ebay:

http://motors.shop.ebay.com/Parts-Accessor...5&_sop=10&_sc=1

Munnerlyn 06-07-2010 11:10 AM

We'll be headed to South Dakota Saturday morning. Any recommended roads heading North in Arkansas? I was thinking about following the BMT roads, but im not familiar with them. We of course won't be in the S but in a CRV! :drive:

Munnerlyn 06-07-2010 10:02 PM

Check out Digital Remix Photography! You'll like the pics, trust me! :)

spets 06-08-2010 03:40 AM

Don't you love it when you get car parts in the mail?

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-..._6781520_n.jpg

Munnerlyn 06-08-2010 07:01 AM

What are you gonna do with the can? :D

ans2k 06-08-2010 07:07 AM

I tried using that when my injectors started ticking louder than normal. And it didn't seem to work. :(

spets 06-08-2010 09:13 AM

lol, can is going into the gas tank. No issues with the injectors or anything, but I figure its a bit of preventive maintenance I can do once a year.

Munnerlyn 06-08-2010 09:19 AM

Hey spets! Do you think the OK Chapter would be interested in having a joint meet with the Ark-La-Tex Chapter?

JulieU 06-08-2010 09:20 AM

I know I would!

Maybe Talimena sometime? :shrug:

ans2k 06-08-2010 10:45 AM

it was so much fun last year.

mr flannery77 06-08-2010 04:05 PM

[QUOTE=Munnerlyn,Jun 7 2010, 11:10 AM] We'll be headed to South Dakota Saturday morning.

Munnerlyn 06-08-2010 06:05 PM

I may be taking you up on that buddy! What you doing for lunch tomorrow? We'll be coming through.

mr flannery77 06-08-2010 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by Munnerlyn,Jun 8 2010, 06:05 PM
I may be taking you up on that buddy! What you doing for lunch tomorrow? We'll be coming through.

Stop by bro! I usually dont go to lunch until late in the day (like 3:00). However, u can stop by the store whenever! Give me a shout Munny, I'll b around!

Munnerlyn 06-08-2010 07:09 PM

I'll be calling you then! :hello: We'll probably leave out around 8 AM from Texarkana so we should be in Malvern by 11 AM.

ScottsS2k 06-08-2010 07:57 PM

hell ya! mason man, id love to meet ya! we will stop by for sure dude just txt munny the directions

Munnerlyn 06-08-2010 08:21 PM

We'll be there! :hello:

Ch0pper 06-09-2010 11:58 AM

Hopefully you guys get to meet Mason, he is great people!!

ans2k 06-09-2010 03:00 PM

:iagree: mason is great!

Munnerlyn 06-09-2010 04:49 PM

We met mason today! The rumors are true, that dude is great! Haha. :thumbup:

ans2k 06-09-2010 09:35 PM

so, i have been trying to play this game in the gallery forum. its called "Fun s2000 picture game.....keep up or give up" here is the thread https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.ph...&f=12&t=745523 you pretty much are given a request and whoever is the first to post of that request gets to choose the next request. i thought it would be a cool game to play and get to see all the cars in this region. just a thought.

Munnerlyn 06-10-2010 07:11 PM

I saw that! I'll have to participate when I get a chance!

ans2k 06-10-2010 07:36 PM

I was thinking of it as doing one locally in our region. That thread is dying. We should start our own. Just food for thought. How many ppl would like this?

Munnerlyn 06-10-2010 08:05 PM

I'm down!

ScottsS2k 06-11-2010 12:05 AM

hell ya! this will be fun!

mr flannery77 06-11-2010 04:13 PM

A little late on the response, but it was great to meet you guys too!! It's ashame we were as busy as we were, because we didn't have much time for chit-chat. It will be nice when we're all able to get together without any major time restraints.

Anyway, thanks for the kind words guys! I'll be looking forward to hanging out in the near future. :thumbup: :)