Ark-La-Tex S2000 Owners Covering Arkansas, Louisiana, and East Texas

Soft top dilemma

Old 09-08-2011, 09:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Soft top dilemma

Soo my soft top has seen it's better days and has gone far past patches. It's in terrible condition now with atleast 8 rips throughout some that can't be fixed. Has anyone bought a replacement soft top from anywhere? If so, where? And how was your experience? How difficult is it to replace it on your own? And I explored possibly filing a claim with my insurance and have it taken care of that way, anyone knows anyone that has done so?
Old 09-08-2011, 01:07 PM

Hard top should fix the problem..
Old 09-08-2011, 01:26 PM

ez on auto top

i have one.. it came with the car. i bought it used. its a cloth material. the top doesnt go down all the way compared to others but i applied some grease and new straps and it gets very close to stock. would def recommend
Old 09-08-2011, 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by Hkboi5o4
Hard top should fix the problem..
I love top down though!
Old 09-09-2011, 03:26 PM

I have an ez on auto top as well, Muhammed put mine on for me in Metarie. Can go on ebay and find one easily for the S2000, thats where I purchased mine from. If your top frame is still useful then that is all you will need, the top comes with installation instructions as well. When the top is taken off and the frame is exposed, do yourself a favor and check all over the top of the frame where the soft top touches it because one of the main causes tops start having tears at the top corners is because there are little black beads that weren't properly removed before the top was put on from the factory when painted. I still have my factory top, there is a little tear on the driver's side at the top where the frame touches, I discovered a bead and was able to pop it off with my fingernail. Crazy how such a tiny little overlook can ruin a top sooner than it should even though my old top isn't ruined, can be repaired and cleaned for sure. Do need a rivet gun though and a certain size rivet when placing the new top on, I can get you Muhammed's number to converse more about when and price if you'd like? He did an awesome job and was definitely cheaper than having a dealership put on a new Honda one. If you're claiming it on insurance though you mine as well go with the factory Honda top, can still get Muhammed to put it on though instead of having the dealership charge you $800 just in labor haha.

If you do get the factory soft top, the best price you will get will be from http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com. There you can order every part and screw for an S2000. Just for the soft top cloth and rear glass window from the Honda dealership they will ask for $1,138, thats not including tax and shipping. From that website, which is actually from Majestic Honda in Rhode Island, you'll pay $796.83 for it, with regular UPS shipping and handling you're looking at $836.66. The ez on auto top is half that price and does the job, it is a little tighter and snug than the factory one but comes with a 5 year warranty.

Good luck on your search mang...
Old 09-09-2011, 07:31 PM

Thanks for all the helpful info JB. If you can get me a price on installation from your friend Muhammed that'd be great as well, just pm me the info.
Old 09-10-2011, 03:21 PM

PM'ed, enjoy the new top yo
Old 09-11-2011, 09:10 PM

I have an Robbins top..I payed 610.10 plus shipping with 5 years warranty, and payed 250.00 for install....check topsonline.com best price on the market and good service..
Old 09-12-2011, 09:33 AM

Where did you pay 250 for install pan?
Old 01-20-2012, 09:21 PM

So I bought an EZ Top and installed myself...all I have to say is..never again will I install it on my own lol. Looks good and fits decent though!!

Quick Reply: Soft top dilemma