Ark-La-Tex S2000 Owners Covering Arkansas, Louisiana, and East Texas

The Twisted Sisters Hill County Tour 2019

Old 10-08-2019, 10:58 AM
Community Organizer

Received 208 Likes on 164 Posts
Default The Twisted Sisters Hill County Tour 2019

Looking at the calendar last night and decided to go the first weekend of December. Don't want to mess up anyone's Thanksgivings plans, so December 7, 2019 or Pearl Harbor Day will be the day of the Tour. I'll be arriving on friday if anyone is interested in arriving early.
Here is more information on lodging and the location and time of the tour.

Lodging:
Days Inn Wyndham Kerrville
2000 Sidney Baker Street
Kerrville, TX 78028
!-830-896-1000
www.wyndhamhotels.com

Meeting location and time:
Shell Station with McDonalds
2128 Sidney Baker Street
Exit 508 off Interstate 10 Kerrville, TX
8:00am to meet and do a talk before the drive.

Friday night dinner: Mamacita's Mexican Restaurant. if you are getting in early.
Saturday lunch during the drive at Frio Crayon Motorcycle Stop
Saturday evening dinner: Buzzie's Bar-B-Q

Hope to see a good group of people.
Old 10-18-2019, 04:59 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm going! Leaving New Orleans Thursday, December 5th; returning Sunday, December 8th.
Great roads in the Texas Hill Country.
Old 10-18-2019, 05:46 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I did the Sisters last June on my motorcycle. Here are my notes from my CB1100 forum post:

Watch. Out. For. DEER!!! (I encountered about a dozen crossing the road or thinking about it ... every truck has a big protective grill guard, even a few Camrys had them!)
Watch out for police patrolling 337. Gas stations are near the bottom of the Sisters in the towns along 337.

Fredericksburg: Kinda touristy walking strip downtown ... the Pacific War Museum is nicely set up and huge, but like reading a book standing up. I spent one stormy day reading books in their old historic library.

Kerrville: Good home base ... Super 8 had a refreshing pool, rags for motorcycles, modern rooms, nice free breakfast buffet and cheaper than the local Motel 6. The Western Art Museum is just okay.

Comfort: Historic center is tricky to find, but nice little antique shops and B&Bs if you have the budget for that sort of thing.

Mason: Very lovely town square with antique stores and some dining. Cooper's Pit BBQ with outdoor smoker is divine! Hill Country Inn was a favorite cheap motel in that area with TWO bathrooms and huge TV. Also enjoyed riding Farm Road 386 north of town.

Two Fat Boys BBQ in Leakey, Texas is a good food stop while doing the Three Twisted Sisters, as is the Bent Rim Grill, which seems to be the Harley Headquarters.

And of course the Lone Star Motorcycle Museum in Vanderpool, Texas is a must-see. I uploaded two Imgur albums:
https://imgur.com/gallery/bQDnaI8
https://imgur.com/gallery/xqw9zse
I expected a lame collection of a couple of junky bikes, but it turned out to be very impressive. Limited hours on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

Here's an album of my trip: https://photos.app.goo.gl/RN3niVDMk5mkudJy9
The following users liked this post:
DragonDidg (10-21-2019)
Old 10-18-2019, 05:58 PM
Administrator

Received 171 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by zbillster
I did the Sisters last June on my motorcycle.
Bama Dave (10-20-2019)
Old 10-20-2019, 02:30 PM
Community Organizer

Received 208 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by zbillster
I did the Sisters last June on my motorcycle. Here are my notes from my CB1100 forum post:

Watch. Out. For. DEER!!! (I encountered about a dozen crossing the road or thinking about it ... every truck has a big protective grill guard, even a few Camrys had them!)
Watch out for police patrolling 337. Gas stations are near the bottom of the Sisters in the towns along 337.

Fredericksburg: Kinda touristy walking strip downtown ... the Pacific War Museum is nicely set up and huge, but like reading a book standing up. I spent one stormy day reading books in their old historic library.

Kerrville: Good home base ... Super 8 had a refreshing pool, rags for motorcycles, modern rooms, nice free breakfast buffet and cheaper than the local Motel 6. The Western Art Museum is just okay.

Comfort: Historic center is tricky to find, but nice little antique shops and B&Bs if you have the budget for that sort of thing.

Mason: Very lovely town square with antique stores and some dining. Cooper's Pit BBQ with outdoor smoker is divine! Hill Country Inn was a favorite cheap motel in that area with TWO bathrooms and huge TV. Also enjoyed riding Farm Road 386 north of town.

Two Fat Boys BBQ in Leakey, Texas is a good food stop while doing the Three Twisted Sisters, as is the Bent Rim Grill, which seems to be the Harley Headquarters.

And of course the Lone Star Motorcycle Museum in Vanderpool, Texas is a must-see. I uploaded two Imgur albums:
https://imgur.com/gallery/bQDnaI8
https://imgur.com/gallery/xqw9zse
I expected a lame collection of a couple of junky bikes, but it turned out to be very impressive. Limited hours on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

Here's an album of my trip: https://photos.app.goo.gl/RN3niVDMk5mkudJy9
Thanks for the great information. I’ll take that into consideration. But I have already planned the entire day out.
DragonDidg (12-09-2019)
Old 12-07-2019, 05:20 PM

Received 135 Likes on 98 Posts

Had a great time hanging out with everyone today!