Ark-La-Tex S2000 Owners Covering Arkansas, Louisiana, and East Texas

Very sad day my friends

Old 05-22-2011, 05:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry for the late arrival to the thread. James, I feel for ya man. I know what its like to have to give up your dream car. It does get a bit easier to handle as time goes on, but it can be a hard decision to make.

Some day, who knows how long, we will have our cars again. It might be hard to find one in as good a condition as yours is currently, but Im pretty confident they'll be a few that are kept up pretty nice.

Anyway, take care man. Best of luck with school.

Jimmy
Old 05-25-2011, 01:11 PM

Thanks for all the kind words guys. I've received my first serious offer. The guy is coming down and meeting me at Honda World on Friday, and pending an inspection by the dealership, he will be purchasing it. I have no doubt the car will pass the inspection so as long as his form of payment is legit everything should go off without a hitch.

If anybody comes across some older model Hondas or something, gimmie a shout. Having a hard time finding anything that hasn't been all wrecked to shit.
Old 05-25-2011, 04:48 PM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

James, Mike, the retired Honda Tec that works on my S2000 for upgrades and service, lives only 2-miles from me.
He buys older Hondas and fixes what needs repairing and then resells them for low prices. If you are interested
in talking to him, PM me for his full name and telephone number.
I am expecting to receive a rear diffuser (S2Ki Group buy) this Friday, and Mike will be installing it before
the Mount Ida tour to Mount Nebo on Sunday, 5 June. I expect the alum. rear diffuser to look great and help keep
the rear-end planted on high speed turns.

jmoore2k
NW Arkansas
Old 06-02-2011, 09:09 AM

Funds have posted and car is sold! For the folks up in the Tulsa area, please look out for my baby. The new owner's name is Mike Ruiz and he works for State Farm in Tulsa. He is a really cool guy and seems excited about diving into the S2000 community. I've pointed him to the site and I'll remind him again when I see him Sunday to set up a user name for this site.
Old 06-02-2011, 09:18 AM
Administrator

Received 167 Likes on 136 Posts

Very cool. Will keep an eye out for him and try to help him in any way possible. Oh, feel free to give him my contact info (e-mail & phone #) and a link to the Oklahoma S2K Facebook group, too.
Old 06-02-2011, 10:47 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry you had to part with your baby! I know Mike will take good care of her.
Old 06-03-2011, 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by JulieU
Very cool. Will keep an eye out for him and try to help him in any way possible. Oh, feel free to give him my contact info (e-mail & phone #) and a link to the Oklahoma S2K Facebook group, too.

Will do!
Old 06-04-2011, 07:37 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey James just read this thread the whole way through. I was hoping you would have the opportunity to be able to keep it. Really sorry to hear you had to get rid if it but if there is one thing I have learned is that life makes changes that sometimes makes you change you ways of thinking. I have been blessed to keep my car as I had two times were I was almost, like you, forced to give it up. A good friend of mine and member here on Colin(agent marshall) had to do the same thing. Like you it was to better himself to make more money in the future. Good luck to you and your schooling I know you'll excel. I hope you stay on here like shotgun Jimmy does. We are all family and would like to see where things goes from here. Good luck to you James keep your head up!!
Old 06-05-2011, 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by icemans2k02
Hey James just read this thread the whole way through. I was hoping you would have the opportunity to be able to keep it. Really sorry to hear you had to get rid if it but if there is one thing I have learned is that life makes changes that sometimes makes you change you ways of thinking. I have been blessed to keep my car as I had two times were I was almost, like you, forced to give it up. A good friend of mine and member here on Colin(agent marshall) had to do the same thing. Like you it was to better himself to make more money in the future. Good luck to you and your schooling I know you'll excel. I hope you stay on here like shotgun Jimmy does. We are all family and would like to see where things goes from here. Good luck to you James keep your head up!!
Thanks for the kind words Bobby. It really is a family here and I will drop in from time to time. I'm looking at 3 maybe 4 more years to finish a masters and a doctorate so we'll see what happens, maybe I can get another S. I do remember both times you almost sold your car and I joined this site right when Colin was selling his b/c I was looking at it. I ended up paying cash for an '07 Chevy Impala, 4 door V6. It's clean and reliable and that's all that maters right now. Oh well, if nothing else I helped the OK crew gain another family member. Mike is a cool guy and should have many years of fun hanging with those guys up there.

It's possible I'll be in the Dallas/Fort Worth area fall of 2012. I'm looking hard at TCU for my doctorate, but it's still up in the air at this point.
Old 06-15-2011, 02:11 PM

Forgot to mention that I still have some S2000 related items to get rid of. I posted them in the for sale section of our forum. Mostly audio stuff, but I also have a passenger side floor mat and new oil filter with the drain plug washer.

Quick Reply: Very sad day my friends