Asia S2000 Owners English speaking owners from Asia. Including Hong Kong, China, Japan, Singapore, Malaysia, Taiwan.

Conversion for Japanese to English Sat Nav/Tv system?

Old 02-13-2004, 01:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Conversion for Japanese to English Sat Nav/Tv system?

Im from the UK and thinking of buying an import S2000 which ive seen but, it has a built-in Sat Nav/TV system. This unfortunately only works in japan!.....does anyone know of a company where i can get a band expander so it will pick up English Tv and also is there a way of converting the Nav system to read English....at the mo it displays where you are but everything reads jananese. Is it just a simple case of buying a UK Sat disc?????
Old 02-20-2004, 09:37 PM

try electronics section on the forum but i'm sure its not that simple as buying UK sat disc...

Quick question... can u take a picture of the HEAD UNIT when u get chance...

i have the NAVI SCREEN BUT can't get it to work with alot these headunits.. not sure if its the wiring harness....

confussssssssssed~!
Old 02-25-2004, 09:32 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As far as I'm aware PAC74 the JDM navi screen is made by Alpine so maybe they will be your best bet, other than that I think the CRV uses the same navi screen here in the UK as the Japanese S2000.

Hope this helps

ANdy
Old 02-25-2004, 11:48 PM
Kye

Another problem with the TV is that it is NTSC here in Japan whereas in UK it is PAL so going to be very troublesome to get the TV part running.

As for putting in an English SAT disk I dont think that will work either but you could ask the Honda dealer or a friend with the system in the UK to borrow the disk and try, I have looked into getting a NAVI system installed here in my cars that could work when I eventually return to the UK but soe far have not found an "international" system - the Japanese character set is probably in the firmwear of the system and not on the disk.
Old 03-10-2004, 07:46 PM

TRY TL navi system or Honda oddesy same wiring harness

and as for FM tv contact <Sales@AVElectronic.com>
Old 03-22-2004, 10:34 AM

CRV's Have Navi? Is that in the UK?
Can't you just use aftermarket navi/dvd like Alpine or someone and hook it up to your monitor?
Old 04-08-2004, 11:13 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by pac74
Im from the UK and thinking of buying an import S2000 which ive seen but, it has a built-in Sat Nav/TV system. This unfortunately only works in japan!.....does anyone know of a company where i can get a band expander so it will pick up English Tv and also is there a way of converting the Nav system to read English....at the mo it displays where you are but everything reads jananese. Is it just a simple case of buying a UK Sat disc?????

Pac74, if you get anywhere with this I would be very interested to hear, since I may well be shipping my S2000 out of Japan in the near future and will be looking to see what I can do with my sat/nav system to get it working elsewhere.
Old 04-16-2004, 07:18 AM

same here dude.....im in the UK and picking up a V-spec this weekend
Old 04-19-2004, 03:42 AM

no probs

ive been doing lots of investigation and so far i have discovered:

Japan use NTSC but we use PAL - there are converters to do this but they are not for OEM equipment.

The screen looks like a dumb terminal and the main control unit is inside the dvd/sat nav box sitting in the boot - There is a guy in swindon who reckons he might be able to convert this into English but you still have the NTSC/PAL problem.

The tv tuner runs in VF for japan but we run UHF i havent found any booster or convertors for this as yet but still looking.

Spoke to an Alpine techie dude yesturday at a show n he reckons noe of it can be done as they have already tried and failed (they were trying to produce a product so sell to peeps with this type of problem)

i will let you know how i get on with blokie who thinks it can be sorted.

cheers
Old 05-11-2004, 07:26 AM

Hi.

I have the same problem... but mine has a DVD player on it.

Why won't my DVD player Work ?

Quick Reply: Conversion for Japanese to English Sat Nav/Tv system?