Australia & New Zealand S2000 Owners Members from the land downunder.

best place to tune S in Perth and ECU to buy

Old 07-25-2011, 10:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Spend that money on 4.77 final drive, half the price, twice as good
Old 07-25-2011, 10:27 PM

Since we r on the topic, I hardly see power fc in s2k, does power fc work with s2k? Cos it's the most common ecu for Honda b series engine
Old 07-26-2011, 04:14 AM

Originally Posted by connorling
Since we r on the topic, I hardly see power fc in s2k, does power fc work with s2k? Cos it's the most common ecu for Honda b series engine
There is no PowerFC for S2000.
Old 07-26-2011, 06:23 AM

to put things into perspective

I have a puddymod stage 2 diff with 4.44 final
a high flow cat
a t1r 70mm dual (which doesn't fit atm lol, damn you t1r, anyone got experience getting these things to fit on the right hand side?)
and a heavy duty buttoned clutch

But I also have a TTs rotrex supercharger kit in the mail to me and an aem ems in the post (allreadey paid for)... i think i am going to need to find someone to give me a tune

Edit, I used xspeed a while ago but they were quite expensive, didnt really appear to have a clue about S2000's and in the end didnt seem interested in doing the work I wanted them to do on my car, so I took my business elsewhere. I am waiting to see if my mechanic says he will do it for me otherwise I guess i will give Cypher a call for a start, dont really want to go back to xspeed.
Old 07-26-2011, 04:13 PM

I know this is no help, but I have called around in Victoria and everyone just keeps telling me Haltech/Motec as the ECU options which are $2500-3000...

I'll be running a Comptech S/C w/ Aftercooler etc and if I could find someone to tune AEM then I would be already most of the way there but since I cannot, I have to wait to save a bit more cash

Both tuners I have spoken to have also said get the Motec over the Haltech because its night/day difference between the 2. They said that the Motec will be about $500 more but WELL worth it apparently. So I don't know if they are just trying to make a sale, or if they are actually being honest. I do trust one of the tuners though as they have a good rep and have done previous work on my car.

Can anyone input?
Old 07-26-2011, 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by Tassill

a high flow cat
a t1r 70mm dual (which doesn't fit atm lol, damn you t1r, anyone got experience getting these things to fit on the right hand side?)

But I also have a TTs rotrex supercharger kit in the mail to me and an aem ems in the post (allreadey paid for)... i think i am going to need to find someone to give me a tune

Edit, I used xspeed a while ago but they were quite expensive, didnt really appear to have a clue about S2000's and in the end didnt seem interested in doing the work I wanted them to do on my car, so I took my business elsewhere. I am waiting to see if my mechanic says he will do it for me otherwise I guess i will give Cypher a call for a start, dont really want to go back to xspeed.
I guess xspeed is selling their name, hence the price. Also they mainly do Nissan n Toyota, some evo as well, but not Honda.
Last time I took my car to do a dyno, he told me he tuned a supercharged s2000, so I guess he has experience.
Old 07-26-2011, 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by Tassill

a high flow cat
I have a t1r header, the o2 sensor will hit the chassis, I had to burn the header n push out a bit to get clearance
Old 07-28-2011, 01:33 AM

Originally Posted by ausjesses2k
I know this is no help, but I have called around in Victoria and everyone just keeps telling me Haltech/Motec as the ECU options which are $2500-3000...

I'll be running a Comptech S/C w/ Aftercooler etc and if I could find someone to tune AEM then I would be already most of the way there but since I cannot, I have to wait to save a bit more cash

Both tuners I have spoken to have also said get the Motec over the Haltech because its night/day difference between the 2. They said that the Motec will be about $500 more but WELL worth it apparently. So I don't know if they are just trying to make a sale, or if they are actually being honest. I do trust one of the tuners though as they have a good rep and have done previous work on my car.

Can anyone input?
I thought this might have been possibly missed. Can anyone comment/know anything?

Both tuners have said the AEM is rubbish, but it seems to be the most favourite where I read up about it.
Old 07-28-2011, 03:19 AM

As I understand it MoTeC is for race cars, it doesn't run the dashboard so you will need to get the MoTeC dash to get RPM, speedo etc.

Haltech do have a plug and play solution for the S2000 now as I understand it.

If you're in Vic, RevZone are the Australian distributor for Hondata, they can sell, install and tune the Hondata for you.
Old 07-28-2011, 04:56 AM

I think I may have someone to tune it for me, the noise is promising so far any way. I will report back once I know for sure and let you know how it goes once its done.

Quick Reply: best place to tune S in Perth and ECU to buy