Australia & New Zealand S2000 Owners Members from the land downunder.

Build Thread (NA Sprint Series Car)

Old 03-19-2009, 07:57 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

beasty. maybe if the metal rings were body colour, or the vent blacked out like OEM it would be even better.
Old 03-20-2009, 03:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

have u got any pics of the mounting of the 4pt harness from behind the seat ?
btw great build up
Old 03-20-2009, 03:56 AM

maybe if the metal rings were body colour
MAD... you are mad! I think the metal on blue really makes them stand out, and it looks great. Everyone is welcome to their own preference though .

fireball, I will take some pics tomorrow and post them up for you.
Old 03-20-2009, 05:32 PM

Well done on the build!! Car has come a long way since swapping the "dodgy champiro tyres"

Super duper time too, you can only get better from here... keep us updated
Old 03-20-2009, 06:49 PM

have u got any pics of the mounting of the 4pt harness from behind the seat ?
fireball, here you go;

I am not in any way advocating this as the 'correct' way to mount your harness. All I know is that it was mounted by Ktec Motorsport, who build many a porsche up to CAMS spec for competitions. I therefore assume / hope that they know what they're doing....
Old 03-21-2009, 01:36 AM

thx for the pic ! but i still cant figure out where the harness is hooking on to ???!
Old 03-21-2009, 01:48 AM

You drill a hole in the cross member that the roll hoop is bolted to. Drill the hole just above one of the large circular holes in the metal. This way you can get a large washer, nut and spanner up behind. Then use these to secure an eyebolt to the cross member. Do this twice and you will have two points to hook your harness to. I did my passenger side in the same way this week and it took me about 20 mins.
Old 03-24-2009, 04:53 AM

I am impressed, mainly because here these cars are still so expensive to buy and mod. In the UK i could see someone picking up a cheap s2k and stripping her. Here it seems very dedicated. Now i know where you got the "spare" soft top from, lol
Old 03-29-2009, 05:34 AM

So, the first round of the 2009 Sprint Series has been and gone. I have only the preliminary results atm (i.e. what I can remember) but I will share anyway.

Car felt great! We had a testing session last Friday for which I removed the Whiteline front ARB. The car felt a bit too understeery since fitting the new HKS coilovers so I tried going back to the OEM front ARB. It feels better now, less 'push' from the front in the tighter corners.

This round we competed on a course called 'The Sideling'. It's the shortest of all the courses that they run at AHG. Last time we did this course was August last year, and my fastest time was 1:46.57. Today, I managed a best time of 1:43.53, over 3 seconds improvement . The only major changes since August are the HKS coilovers and the Greddy exhaust system. Both of these changes, I feel, contributed greatly to the new speed of the car.

I was very happy to take some big scalps today, namely, a very tidy Evo 9, a PRB Clubman (with sparkly paint) and my mate Nick G., in his stupidly powerful 2004 WRX STI. Admittedly Nick's tyres were shot so I reckon he will get me next month .

Last comment, is about the Cusco brake stopper. Can't say that I've really felt much difference from this mod, but I will leave it on for a few more rounds. Brakes still feel a bit 'spongy', but sT(.)(.)k is sending me some Ferodo DS3000's, which I may give a try next month.

(Photo courtesy of my georgeous wife)

P.S. The commentators and some of the crowd all commented that the car sounded awesome with the new Greddy Ti-C!
Old 04-12-2009, 03:38 PM

Here is a short clip of the car at Round 1, so you can here the sound of the Greddy Ti-C;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDET_K6HZGs

Quick Reply: Build Thread (NA Sprint Series Car)