Australia & New Zealand S2000 Owners Members from the land downunder.

clutch replacement in melbourne

Old 09-28-2006, 01:28 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default clutch replacement in melbourne

Hi All,

Its clutch time for me. I've decided to go with an ORC clutch with lightened flywheel.

So far i've decided to go to chasers, quoted $2600 for the clutch fitted.

Are there any other reputable places that anyone can recommend?

Preferably eastern/inner eastern suburbs.
Old 09-28-2006, 01:43 AM

Thats a pretty good price..
What brand is it?
You should try Kamakazi in Mitcham..
Old 09-28-2006, 02:40 AM

Originally Posted by JAPCAB,Sep 28 2006, 07:28 PM
Are there any other reputable places that anyone can recommend?
Preferably eastern/inner eastern suburbs.
JAPCAB, Although it's not in Eastern suburbs - I recommend

CRS Automotive, Cnr Thompson & McLeod Rds, Patterson Lakes 3197.

Call Carl Schembri on 9776 1505. Replacing the clutch is a big job - could be two or more days. If you go to CRS Carl will organise a loan car for you to use whilst your S2000 is off the road.

It's not too bad getting down there - I've done it. Just drop your car in one day (morning or afternoon) pick up the loan car, liase with Carl on phone re pick up times, then go back again at a time to suit to collect.
Old 09-28-2006, 03:03 AM

Carl gets a second thumbs up from me too
Old 09-28-2006, 02:13 PM

damn i have to get my clutch done as well. maybe we can organise a group clutch deal? haha

well my gear shifts are ULTRA notchy and the Honda guys tell me the clutch is almost gone... is that when you know you need a new clutch?
Old 09-28-2006, 02:38 PM

Exclamation

Originally Posted by Jezza,Sep 28 2006, 02:13 PM
well my gear shifts are ULTRA notchy and the Honda guys tell me the clutch is almost gone... is that when you know you need a new clutch?
No, as your clutch wears out it does not make your shhifts notchy.

Old contaminated clutch fluid, leaky slave, leaky master, old g/box oil or worn gearbox will give you a notchy shift.

A worn clutch will only affect your drive, unless its really really really worn then its a different story, but i doubt anyone takes their clutch that far.

REgards

PS. I recommend myself to change your clutch but i dont have a shop anymore. Go to my mates shop "Teknik Tuning" in heidelberg area, he's done heaps of s2k clutches with me, highly recommended.
Old 09-28-2006, 02:39 PM

No experience with the other recomendations, so can't comment.
Can recomend CRS, has lots of experience, good work and you won't
get ripped off. I had my clutch replaced there after Eastern Honda stuffed mine, I made a big enough noise and they gave me a freebie.
Only had to pay the labour.
Jezza, I'll answer your pm shortly.
Cheers everyone
Old 09-28-2006, 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by Jezza,Sep 29 2006, 08:13 AM
just a though ...

when was the last time your gear box oil was changed ? mine felt abit notchy before the last service , once they changed the gear box oil, she felt slick again .

Also , check your clutch master cylinder fluid make sure its not too low.

to check your clutch to know if its slipping . Put it into 1st and let the clutch pedal out (without applying the accelerator) . If its slipping you'll know it ,as the car wont move forward .
Old 09-28-2006, 11:01 PM
Banned

since chasers is nice and close to work i have decided to go there, shouldn't be too much problem to drop it off/collect.

the clutch brand is 'ogura racing clutch' or ORC.

My mate brad works there, i was going to go for an exedy heavy duty but brad told me that these clutches wear out ultra quick, like within 20 thousands kms on some s2ks. so i decided to chuck in the extra cash for an ORC. He said the ORC had a good lightened flywheel with it which is apparently one of the best upgrades to do on the s2k.

Thanks for the recommendations, yes i've heard CRS mentioned in a lot of threads but i guess its a bit far for me to go. I might give them a try next time though.

I'll let you guys know how the install goes and how the clutch is after its in there.

Also i'm replacing the master and slave at the same time. my gearbox is a bit notchy too, i think this is a combination of leaky master, perhaps slave too causing the clutch to 'drag' ontop of a worn clutch. The clutch master and slave cost $350 for both at honda so i'm gonna change em so i have fresh ones in there. I'm also putting in redline shockproof which should help with the notchyness.
Old 09-29-2006, 01:07 AM

Originally Posted by n1ray,Sep 29 2006, 08:38 AM
......... Go to my mates shop "Teknik Tuning" in heidelberg area, he's done heaps of s2k clutches with me, highly recommended.
Is Tecknic Tuning still open & operating?

I went there a couple of times when Jacob was there, but haven't been back for a few years.

Quick Reply: clutch replacement in melbourne