Australia & New Zealand S2000 Owners Members from the land downunder.

Dreaming of an Aussie "EUROMEET" 20?

Old 04-16-2009, 06:59 PM
fng

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I work for the Accor Hospitality group, we have a couple of hotels and if need be I can get some group accomodation organised at a cheaper rate.
Old 04-16-2009, 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by s2kadrenalin,Apr 15 2009, 09:59 PM
Originally Posted by lilkriss
I swear to god if you guys organise something like this i wont sell my car and i would honestly drive to cairns (from Melbourne) for something like this, it would be the shiznit!!!
Only to Cairns?
Soft, Cape York is where its at!
Geez Cape York, mate im already clicking over 150k, need to keep the k's down a bit
Old 04-17-2009, 08:26 PM

If you want to get people from interstate to a meet, you need a decent incentive. Maybe a door prize or something for attendees. It's probably never going to happen, we have too few people spread out across too great a landmass to have a proper Aus meetup.
Old 04-17-2009, 08:33 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't think an incentive is necessary - true enthusiasts don't need incentives LOL. If the Nissan/Datsun and RX8 boys can do it, we should be able to to.

But alas, who's willing to organise this kind of event?
Old 04-17-2009, 08:53 PM
xoz

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

There are 2 people that I know whom could do the organizing, and that's you and me Mike, how about we "brainstorm", I'm sure others will join in.
Old 04-19-2009, 10:47 PM

Sounds good gents. I just drove up to Bundy for a few days off and loved it Amazingly I didn't mind the 4x4's towing campervans while driving my car, shooting past to overtake is great fun
Old 04-20-2009, 02:20 AM

Originally Posted by xoz,Apr 16 2009, 11:57 AM
but at least with down under flavour.
thats easy ...

just need to make sure we have a BBQ and serve nothing but lamb aussie enough for you ?

What do you all think about doing something like this....
I would be interested in everyone's comments......
i think we tried one about 2 yrs ago but it never took off.

some of the issues last time :
* accomodation
* people with conflicting schedules
* agreeging on a date / city to hold it

if we were serious about having a nation wide event , i think accomodation should be left to the individuals to organize , sites such as "whatif.com and lastminute.com offer great hotel deals .
As for places to stay , i dont know why it would be an issue when everyone has driven to the location of the meet .

Schedules , we set a date and we lock it in .

i am open for discussion which city to hold it , as majority of owners are based on the east coast , naturally it will be one either VIC,NSW or QLD .
Old 04-20-2009, 02:54 AM

i think its quite obvious that it needs to be in a tourist town with good roads surrounding it eg. Lorne, Great Ocean Rd. This would be good because there will be a lot of accommodation in these kinds of areas and perfect for scenic shots. Or maybe we can do a fundraising run in Marysville or something for bushfire victims, i dunno, perhaps some thing to think about here.
Old 04-20-2009, 03:47 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^

Difference being, I'd drive to Sydney, but I'd fly to Melbourne. Just too far to drive down there and back again IMO.
Old 04-20-2009, 03:55 AM
xoz

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I like MIKE-R's idea of meeting half way in Coffs Harbour, so I googled Coffs Harbour and came up with this Oct 2-10 Coffs Coast International Buskers & Comedy Festival, this is 6 months away plenty of time to plan scenic drives, entertainment, accomodation etc etc., whatever.
again something to throw out there....

http://www.coffsharbourbuskers.com/

Event
Coffs Harbour International Buskers and Comedy Festival - Festivals and Celebrations, Performances

Arrive on the Coffs coast from October 2 to 10 - during the school holidays for the Coffs Harbour International Buskers and Comedy Festival
and you will be forgiven for thinking this normally laid back coastal area has gone a little crazy. The streets, parks and harbour foreshores of the city of
Coffs Harbour become an international stage for some of the world's most professional and zany street, and circus entertainers. While in the evenings the
clubs and pubs resonate with laughter as audiences enjoy the adult-only comedy shows.

The annual Coffs Harbour Buskers Festival offers something for all members of the family and it is a free community event certainly not to be missed.

Quick Reply: Dreaming of an Aussie "EUROMEET" 20?