Australia & New Zealand S2000 Owners Members from the land downunder.

Honda Australia Vs Dealerships

Old 10-20-2003, 06:03 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

how did you fix the lost of volume in your car, coz i'm having the same problem and the dealer could not find the problem as it only occurs occasionally. And now that my warranty is expired, it's no point taking it back to them to have it repaired.
I mentioned the same problem with the intermittent dropout of volume on the right hand speaker when playing CD's some time ago in threads and never got anywhere with it and gave up....Rang HA and they said they had never heard of the problem..still intermittent fault and was quoted over $600 for a new 6 stacker, which i beleve is the prob.....
Stan
Old 10-20-2003, 06:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thx for the advice auss2000..
i will write to honda now that i have a clearer idea of the engine condition to explain the situation. i just really didnt want to fork out 1k or so + towing to the dealer and then back home for them to tell me the engine was stuffed...
given the attitude of the head sales manager and owner of the dealership i spoke with + the fact he said that honda won't even come close with a 30ft pole if valve touches piston in terms of goodwill or under warranty.
i seriously doubt HA will help in anyway. they aren't goin to give me a new engine (even at cost 30k ! or 1/2 of that will still be 15k ) + honda labour which is another kidney

i will try, but i think my options lie in getting a low km 2nd hand engine at a decent price
Old 10-20-2003, 06:28 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Stanley
Old 10-20-2003, 01:25 PM

Fireball, The contact details for Honda Australia are

Head Office: 95 Sharps Road, Tullamarine 3043

Phone: (03) 9285 5555 Fax: (03) 9285 5500

Customer Relations Hot Line 1800 804 954

I recommend you call the Customer Relations number before writing (faxing).

Be calm, be polite, don't be hostile but explain your case quietly and seriously. Mention by name the people and dealers you've spoken to already and say (calmly) that you felt their response was less than professional.

Ask that a Honda Australia technical representative should come and inspect your engine. This is important.

If the first person you speak to doesn't want to take it further, tell them that this is a major, high cost problem and that it must be resolved. Don't make threats but ask to speak to someone senior if you're not making progress.

After you've spoken to the Customer line at some length you'll be better able to compose a suitable letter to fax in.

Good Luck!
Old 10-20-2003, 05:34 PM

Having travelled around the country quite a bit on my ITR I must say that I noticed a HUGE difference between dealers in how they treat you.

For example: Robert Lane - not bad service, but started blaming me as soon as I mentioned 3rd gear grind back 18 months ago.
Went to Courtney & Patterson - no questions asked, warranty covered fix. Mind you they didn't fix it!!
Rick Damelian - no questions asked, synchros replaced.

Basically the way it goes is this: the less the dealer knows about you, the lower the chances of getting knocked back... which is bad cause it really should be the other way around.

As for Honda Australia... I have wanted an S2000 for a while. I do love the car, but it's hard to justify buying when I hear of "so many problems". When I was doing research on the Boxsters for example, there were blown engines, and bits ands tuff... and I did not find a single "flame thread" on any porsche sites. May be I didn't look hard enough... but I doubt it. We can say that a large % of S2000 owners in Australia are on this site cant we? In that case, having several blown engines, denied warranty claims, etc etc is not giving me great confidence in buying another Honda again, even tho I do love the S2000!

HA only has itself to blame I think.
Old 10-20-2003, 05:49 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

My totally unscientific response is no, this site does not represent a large percentage of Aus S2000 owners. Probably about 5%.

It does however represent the most vocal (people with problems will find this site) and the younger (more likely to use an online board and drive an S2000 hard) S2000 owners.
Old 10-20-2003, 06:37 PM

I posted a similar response in Aus's VAFC thread wrt the sample size.

For instance out of the 8 or so S2000s that I have seen locally not one of them is on here that I know of and the couple that I have spoken with have never heard of it.
Old 10-20-2003, 06:39 PM

Here are the links to a list of all TSBs for the S2000. Im not too sure how to access the actual TSB since it appears that you need to join, but you should PM 3ngin33r1 if you require them he seems to have links to them.

MY00: http://www.alldata.com/TSB/24/002446AF.html
MY01: http://www.alldata.com/TSB/24/012446AF.html
MY02: http://www.alldata.com/TSB/24/022446AF.html
MY03: http://www.alldata.com/TSB/24/032446AQ.html

There are a couple of bulletins which refer to the CD stacker but Im not too certain that they describe the problem that we are having. Dhess advised me that a friend of his went through the same drama and after having most of the components replaced they found the faulty item was the stacker. I dont recall seeing your thread Stan sorry I couldn't help you bud.

I hardly notice mine anymore so it doesn't bug me, but the reason that I dropped it so easy was because I was negotiating my clutch fix at the time and wanted no distractions.

Jatmon one of the excuses that they try to lay on me was that it was because I was playing copied CDs but this was quickly dismissed.

If you are out of warranty then I suggest that you try and rewire the stacker first since this could easily be the problem and is a cheap possibility to eliminate first. Why you're there you should relocate it IMO that is a crappy spot for it, chuck it under the seat or in the secret compartment like the '02s.

If this doesn't work then you should go aftermarket without a doubt. $600 is expected but is rediculous by any means.
Here's a link to a strathfield car radios basic CD stackers and there isnt one over $350!
http://www.strathfield.com/category.asp?CatID=46
Old 10-21-2003, 05:05 AM

[QUOTE]the sales manager then says i never rev to 9000rpm, if u rev to 9krpm somethings got to give someday... .... not much for supporting his own product
Old 10-21-2003, 03:51 PM

I have good experiences warranty-wise with the S2000 (recently got the clutch replaced for buzzing) but one thing that does p!ss me off is that they always deny knowing about a problem even if you know that the particular dealership has done the exact same warranty work on another S2000...

I have also had appauling service from dealerships and Honda Australia before too with an Integra VTiR that I bought new back in '96. Can't believe I actually ended up biting the bullet and coming back to a Honda after that experience!

Quick Reply: Honda Australia Vs Dealerships