Australia & New Zealand S2000 Owners Members from the land downunder.

License Plate Bracket

Old 09-24-2011, 10:33 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default License Plate Bracket

Guys, this is the story.

I removed the license plates to wax the bumpers, but when I wanted to screw the front plates back on, I noticed the driver side bracket had came off and was barely visible from the 2 holes in the bumper. I tried to fish it out but only made it drop into the bumper.

Currently the front plate is being held up by 1 screw. Anyone has any idea how to screw the other one in, when there's no thread in the hole in the bumper? Removing the bumper is the last thing I have in mind at the moment.

Thanks!
Old 09-24-2011, 11:48 PM
xoz

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

haha same happened to me, I managed to fish mine up to the bumper hole again. If you manage to retrieve it have the right sized screw ready to grip on to it. Otherwise only way is to remove the front bar. Maybe you can relocate the license plate now? bumper plugs can get off E Bay, a bit of 3m double sided tape and your good.
glw it.
Old 09-25-2011, 12:29 AM

haha good to know I am not the only one! I was reading on another thread where you relocated your plates, how did you fabricate your bracket to attach to the grille?
Old 09-25-2011, 12:44 AM
xoz

The dealer plate bracket, if you have this still, the back bracket can be used and adjusted to center bolt off mid grill where there is the thread. This then bolts up center of your plate, and zip ties finish off on the corners, I also put some sticky back rubber at the back of the plate that molds into horizontal bar of the grill.

pics to make easier...don't have a pic of the dealer bracket.

Old 09-25-2011, 02:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't be scared to take your bumper of if you have to, it's not as hard as you may think.

As for the plate relocation, I just used a couple of L brackets I got from the hardware store and bolted them to the bottom of the grill.

Obviously I had the holes left by the original plate plastic welded and the whole bumper resprayed. But I think you can buy colored plugs to fill the holes, I think I've seen them on one of the other posts around here.

[/img]

[/img]
Old 09-25-2011, 07:41 PM

Thanks boys, I like the look of the plates in the middle. Problem is mine is not slimline plates like what you both have I tried positioning the plate in the middle but car looks like a kid who just stuffed his mouth full of food. What you reckon? Will it block air flow to the radiator? Air Intake should be ok since its at the side.
Old 09-25-2011, 07:45 PM
xoz

for me there is no reconisible difference, would think that with a normal plate would be the same.
Old 09-26-2011, 02:34 AM
tze

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My plate solution should be ready end of this week once I get my BB back from FI
Old 09-26-2011, 05:46 AM

On the race track having the number plate positioned in the grill raises my temps considerably on the temp guage, I have both a koyo Rad and oilcooler and both temps increase alot. I remove it on the track. Just a thought if you do alot of spirited driving or track days.
Old 09-26-2011, 01:33 PM

Thanks Mad! I was thinking of the exact same thing.

Quick Reply: License Plate Bracket