Australia & New Zealand S2000 Owners Members from the land downunder.

Mase Tuning - Last Half Of April

Old 02-21-2011, 07:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Install has gone well.
I seem to have a bolt left over (marked VTEC) that had no mention in the instructions. (I am awaiting a response from Mase on this one) And also no mention of plumbing the BOV back to the inlet manifold.
Other than those trivial things, the kit went in well, had everything it needed, well built etc... With the provided calibration the car fired right up and settled down to a smooth idle very quickly. AFR looks good generally.
Once Mase has had a look at the logs and gives the thumbs I will be happy to push it a bit.

Big pity about the contact....
Old 02-22-2011, 08:40 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Update:

I spoke with Mase on the phone last night and he felt that due to a few things, this has been pushed back until after mid April as he has a tour of Europe to do in March, and Colorado straight after that.

* More people can get their stuff done
* Our horrible weather goings on at the moment (as he wishes to travel the East Coast whilst here)
* Cooler Autumn weather

For those still interested, I will bump this thread mid March.

He told me he has had a lot of PM's for people to bring stuff over with him. He doesn't have a problem with this, for smaller items - ECU's, injectors, etc sized items.

To secure his attendance and cover some of the flight costs, it is a pre-requisite to PayPal Mase directly, $100 to confirm your attendance for a dyno tune. Will touch on this at a later date.

Local dyno time

QLD:
I have sourced a dyno place we can hire for the day. Just have to get a full quote.

NSW:
(I presume Aus will organise this)

Vic:
(Someone needs to step up)
Old 02-23-2011, 03:21 AM

ooo interesting. I "might" be ready in time! Will see what happens when the threads updated!
Old 03-20-2011, 10:29 PM

bump for reminder.
Old 03-25-2011, 09:41 PM

talked to pete the other day , he said he was happy for mase to use his dyno..
just talk to him about cost...

it all comes down to how much mase is goin to charge for tuning, how much the dyno is goin to cost us, and how much it is goin to cost to get mase here.
Old 03-25-2011, 11:17 PM

I'm about to organise all this on Monday now that I'm back home. Call up Pete and Dyno Hire, get some prices, let Mase know, get some tune cost breakdowns - per hour / per tune / per ECU etc.
Send Mase some text msg's n such, see whats going on.
Old 03-26-2011, 12:45 AM

Looking forward to what prices you end up with s2kadrenalin - that's the big one for me. Btw, top effort trying to get this organised, especially for the Brisbane crew.
Old 03-26-2011, 04:19 AM

Yes, Thanks for the effort Brad. I am hoping it all works out, looking forward to it.
Old 03-26-2011, 05:13 AM

Originally Posted by Mike-R
Looking forward to what prices you end up with s2kadrenalin - that's the big one for me. Btw, top effort trying to get this organised, especially for the Brisbane crew.
There's a few Brisbane guys waiting. ANother guy I know is waiting for his Mase kit, but doubts he'll have one ready to install by the end of next month.

Pricing is a big factor for everyone - how it breaks down.

We know flights are going to be about $1500, but how much of that do we have to cover as a group? 30% 50%? 100%? $100ea between a good 8 confirmed people?
How much is it going to cost us locally to hire a dyno for a day, split up between the 2-5 of us QLD'ers wanting a touch up / retune? $100ea? $200ea?
And how much are we paying for Mase's tune? Per hour? Per ECU?

Hopefully have some answers by Tuesday.
Old 03-27-2011, 10:06 PM

I have everything ready except the ECU. I've been quoted $2500 for a Motec ECU which is holding me back from installing. In this case I dont think I would be ready in time Unless there is another cheaper ECU that will still do the job that Mase could tune in Melb?

(My melb tuner hates AEM)

Quick Reply: Mase Tuning - Last Half Of April