Australia & New Zealand S2000 Owners Members from the land downunder.

Need some help here!

Old 09-02-2003, 08:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry about that folks, I made a mistake in the second posting of the link. It has now been fixed.

Or if you're really keen

http://members.optusnet.com.au/~darrengile...atherdebate.htm
Old 09-03-2003, 03:51 AM

Ok two points.
Aus, I lived in Sydney for five years so I know full well what the weather pattern is like - basically winter is beautiful, sunny and dry whereas summer is warm, humid, mainly overcast and wet. I finally moved away after the ceiling in our bedroom turned black (from mould) and all my shoes started turning greny white (also from mould).

Alister, good to hear you are also a roof down all year driver. I have to admit that for the last 3 months I haven't seen another roof down convertible - of any variety - on our roads, except for Saturday a couple of weeks back when I saw a Boxster with its roof off.
Old 09-03-2003, 04:09 AM

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally posted by 2kturkey
Aus, I lived in Sydney for five years so I know full well what the weather pattern is like - basically winter is beautiful, sunny and dry whereas summer is warm, humid, mainly overcast and wet. I finally moved away after the ceiling in our bedroom turned black (from mould) and all my shoes started turning greny white (also from mould).
Perhaps you lived here in the wrong 5 years.

And perhaps you could try some ventilation.

I'm not really a one eyed Sydney-sider. There are heaps of things I like about Melbourne and Adelaide and I'll be checking out Perth in November. But given the choice (and the means) I choose Sydney. Fact is, for any amount of money you can have a better place in a better area in Melbourne than you could in Sydney. And you could buy half of Adelaide for the cost of a waterfront here. But move out of Sydney and it would be very hard to move back.

P.S. Can you lend me lend me an umbrella and some Exit Mould.
Old 09-03-2003, 05:29 AM

When I moved away from Sydney (in 1990 to Toronto) we had just finished the longest period of wet days on record - I think it was around 190 days straight with at least some rain each day.

The reason I moved to Melbourne when we returned from Canada was that we truly enjoyed having 4 seasons in Toronto and we couldn't abide the idea of coming back to a city with only 2 seasons (wet and dry!).

When I was in Sydney I lived down on the Lane Cove river - just opposite the river park on Delhi Rd and we were frequently flooded in (i.e we couldn't go down our driveways as the street was flooded below.

You are right about not being able to afford the price of re-entry to Sydney - we sold both our properties there - 1 in North Sydney and 1 in Chatswood and it would be dificult to canvass returning.
Old 09-03-2003, 08:43 AM

Here's another reason NOT to move to Sydney : The sydney funnel web spider...
Old 09-03-2003, 02:30 PM

Haven't see one for years.

Mind you, the last one I saw was a tough little bugger. It was in the stair well of a block of flats. I think it has been flushed out by some unseasonal wet weather.

It was during that period after they banned CFC's but hadn't quite geared up to use hydrocarbons as propellants so all we had was some insecticide in a trigger pump pack. I'm there getting RSI spraying this pissed off spider while it is chasing me around the stair well. I could've sworn it was giving me the bird.

We were getting nowhere so I unscrewed the pump mechanism and poured insecticide all over the tenacious little bugger figuring he'll die of poison or drown and we went inside for dinner. When I left some hours later he was nowhere to be seen.

Ever since I've checked my shoes for a pissed off arachnid with a bad attitude and a Mortein hangover.
Old 09-03-2003, 03:15 PM

Hey Superbabe! Nice to see you want to move to Perth. There's not many of us Perth people on the board... but we have great weather, a VERY large state (hence lots of road) and of course the weather.

Like the idea of the pink S2K... I know some people think it's over the top. I say if you have the money, do it!

Do you know when you are coming over? I'm sure ZiggyJJ and I could meet you in our S2K's for a welcoming committee
Old 09-03-2003, 03:42 PM

@ AusS2000: Why didn't you just get in your S and run over it (oh, I remember, it was sitting on the stairs - ahhh never mind, you could still have run over it - there's nothing the S can't do ) But I've seen quite a lot of horrifying stories bout those creepy things on TV. And I'm a real big WOOZZY when it comes to little creepy, crawly animals. I just go and RUN!!!

@ spakko: I might be coming to Perth for Christmas but I won't have an S then. But you could still take me for a ride! The only bad thing about Australia are the speed-limits! And the only good thing bout Germany are the signs that tell you, you can go as fast as your car can go Which, mind you, with the S is pretty fast!

All my friends thought I was crazy when I told them I wanted to paint my S pink. But pink is my favourite colour and I don't really care what everybody else thinks of my idea!

Old 09-03-2003, 03:44 PM

We don't have a problem with spiders. The snakes eat all the spiders!
Old 09-03-2003, 03:45 PM

BTW Perth has its fair share of creepy crawlies too. Job market might also be a little thinner over there whereas Sydney and Melbourne should be a little easier to find yourself a job.

Quick Reply: Need some help here!