Australia & New Zealand S2000 Owners Members from the land downunder.

Not another post about tyres!

Old 10-19-2006, 04:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by blacks2k,Oct 19 2006, 04:12 PM
sorry, will never go to a motor show ever again. i found it to be a huge waste of time. the level of bogans there is amazing, all cooing over the latest and greatest from holden and ford...oooppps, here i go again, thinking im better than someone else, but u know what, thats my opinion, and i guess im entitled to have it.

sure replicah asked for opinions and deals, its just that some of us gave our opinions on why one shouldnt scrimp. i had my way, aus had his way, others have their way. in fact, this is kinda going round in circles, the whole community thing, blah blah.

as far why i or others feel the need tocontribute needless of nonconstructive feedback, who knows, i guess it falls into the "ill have a say" mindset. some people like to rubberneck, get into others business. i know a lot of people lurk here, and dont say a thing. i choose to have a say, whether people like it or not. hell, ive been here 5 years, some times i say a lot, some times i say nothing at all, it just depends on what topics i feel compelled to get involved with. if people want an opinion on something i feel strongly about, then ill let them have mine.

as far as getting laid, the boardroom my friend, the boardroom.
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Old 10-19-2006, 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by joefish1298,Oct 20 2006, 10:18 AM
................................ because S02's are _not_ the tire you fit for safety.
Joe has made a very good point here. Worthy of more discussion
Old 10-19-2006, 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by blacks2k,Oct 19 2006, 04:12 PM
the level of bogans there is amazing,

as far as getting laid, the boardroom my friend, the boardroom.
oh, and just for my reference, can someone explain to me what a bogan is please?

I don't get the last line either?
Old 10-19-2006, 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by stevharr,Oct 20 2006, 10:52 AM
oh, and just for my reference, can someone explain to me what a bogan is please?
bogan = westie .

Westie = people who live out west . different dress sense etc .

[QUOTE]I don't get the last line either?
Old 10-19-2006, 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by RedRover,Oct 20 2006, 10:40 AM
Joe has made a very good point here. Worthy of more discussion
"golf clap" ..... yes , very good point indeed by Joe
Old 10-19-2006, 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by Vuey,Oct 19 2006, 05:01 PM
bogan = westie .

Westie = people who live out west . different dress sense etc .

the boardroom is a high class brothel .
oh, so what do you call someone from the inner west, an InnerBogan?
Old 10-19-2006, 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by stevharr,Oct 20 2006, 11:22 AM
oh, so what do you call someone from the inner west, an InnerBogan?
oh , its sort of slang term really . Picture a couple in their 1972 commodore ute , husband wearing flano-check shirt , with stubbie shorts and thongs carrying an eski with beers in it , missing teeth - un-educated . Thats the sort of persona given to westies .
Old 10-19-2006, 05:31 PM

Bogan : person who takes little pride in his appearance, spends his days slacking and drinking beer. For more details of word origin - see here

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bogan

to find blacks2k's favorite haunt, try here ... http://www.boardroom.com.au/
Old 10-19-2006, 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by joefish1298,Oct 20 2006, 10:18 AM
Someone may have said this in the 6 or so pages (I was skimming and may have missed it) but it's a _well_ documented trait of the factory S02 that when you cross the grip threshold, grip drops away _very_ suddenly.

Many others tires you can fit to the factory rims will give much more warning when approaching the grip threshold and after you cross it, the grip levels will not drop quite as suddenly.

It's also fairly well agreed on this board by members from around the globe that the S02 trades some wet weather performance for increased dry weather performance. More people get into trouble in the wet and more accidents happen in adverse conditions.

So buy the tires you want and pay the price you want, but seriously Aus, don't try to play the safety card because S02's are _not_ the tire you fit for safety.

Now, if we've got all the Bogans & Boardrooms out of the way -- can we talk about Joe's very good point here. (If that's not asking too much on a Friday?)
Old 10-19-2006, 05:36 PM

poor guy has to pay for it.. . beaver wasnt too far from the truth when saying he needed to get laid! probably hasnt been for a year because of his expensive tyres!

Quick Reply: Not another post about tyres!