Australia & New Zealand S2000 Owners Members from the land downunder.

S2000 Accident

Old 10-24-2011, 04:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default S2000 Accident

Does anyone know the owner of this poor S and whether he/she is ok?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/63668637@N06/6276417328

I sure hope they walked away from this unhurt
Old 10-24-2011, 04:40 AM

would have to atleast got whiplash. that looks pretty bad.
Old 10-24-2011, 04:45 AM

i've seen this numberplate around somewhere... don't know the owner tho.
Old 10-24-2011, 08:37 AM

WOW. that car use to be owned by a guy in Sydney, then it was sold just recently. I'm guessing to a P plater.
Old 10-24-2011, 04:28 PM

Hard to tell from only one photo, but remember the front is the biggest crumple zone, and with our long sexy bonnet with no hard engine block in the first 70cm or so it crushes very easily.

I would say occupants were quite fine.
Old 10-24-2011, 11:40 PM

I sure hope so as I also remember seeing these plates before
Old 10-27-2011, 03:03 AM

Originally Posted by dlai
WOW. that car use to be owned by a guy in Sydney, then it was sold just recently. I'm guessing to a P plater.
The p plater bashin aint nessesary mate, what r ya a grumpy 50 something who has forgoten what they where like when they where young.
Every one makes mistakes no matter how experienced you are, just look at recent events in indy car and motogp
Im a pretty heartless bastard who has no sympathy for any human. But I personally know the pain of this sort of incedent, and I copped unessesary s!?t over it.
The guy probably already feels like crap and doesnt need to be kicked while his down.
Old 10-27-2011, 05:16 AM

I can see where your coming from becauuse the first time my car got "spotted" my car had a photo posted on here when it was on the back of a flat bed tow truck on it's way to the impound yard, also, I font think what was said was intended to be a personal attack...he was just stating that he recalls that the owner might of been a P plater and how he is "guessing" also states he is not clear, so there really is no need to jump down his throat over something like this.
Old 10-27-2011, 08:40 AM

The p plater bashin aint nessesary mate, what r ya a grumpy 50 something who has forgoten what they where like when they where young.
Every one makes mistakes no matter how experienced you are, just look at recent events in indy car and motogp
Im a pretty heartless bastard who has no sympathy for any human. But I personally know the pain of this sort of incedent, and I copped unessesary s!?t over it.
The guy probably already feels like crap and doesnt need to be kicked while his down.

lol what... I am 19 on my P's.
I said that because I'm pretty sure it was sold to a P plater, because the car is from my area (well the area I am usually around and work at) lol as well as having spoken to the previous owner too.
Sorry to upset you. jeeeeeeezzzzzz

And thanks YLDS2K, spot on!
Old 10-27-2011, 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by Ape-x
Originally Posted by dlai' timestamp='1319474279' post='21096230
Is every P plater a crap driver? No. Is every experienced driver a great driver? No. But the fact is P platers are more likely to do dumb shit and crash, it's part of the way the human brain is wired at that age coupled with a lack of experience. Look up all the numerous studies, statistics, blah blah blah.

You may think us oldies like ragging on you younguns for kicks, when actually we don't want you to wrap yourselves round poles yet we know you're going to engage in risk taking behaviour because that's what young people do, so we point fingers and highlight the fact that you've done something stupid because fear of looking like a dick amongst ones peers is about the sole motivating factor that has any effect for young people

The S2000 is a special case, because it's way too much car for an inexperienced driver, so you get to cop extra shit when things go wrong.

Quick Reply: S2000 Accident