Australia & New Zealand S2000 Owners Members from the land downunder.

Sydney S2K drive (14-6-03) Gallery

Old 06-16-2003, 04:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 06-16-2003, 05:11 AM

This was Stan's idea, i copied! Sorry!

Thats all for now - it's back to my little photoshop den!
Old 06-16-2003, 05:36 AM

Thanks Stanley! You have no idea how much that means to me.

I'm currently debating with myself over getting a top of the line prosumer digital camera (ie Sony 717, Minolta 7Hi, Nikon 5700 etc) or a budget D-SLR (ie Canon 10D, Nikon D100, Fuji S2Pro).

I'm worried about the enormous cash i'll have to fork out for the D-SLR, and if i'm really ready for the D-SLR at all or not yet.

The compliments really boost my confidence in investing in such an expensive camera.

But it's been really GOOD for me to be using my little Canon S45, because a restricted camera, forces you to WORK hard to extract every little bit of photographic quality you can possibly do.

That is.. play around with all the settings in a restrictive, harsh environment (ie cars going really fast in corners in a dark forest) then after you take the picture you have to learn all the tools and features of photoshop to repair it even more.

In other words, if i started out with a super good camera at the start - i would'nt need to learn so many of these incamera/photoshop features.

When i get my D-SLR (which is looking very likely now) i'll become absolutely spoiled. No need to play much around with the settings anymore, just beef up the ISO to 800 and expect baby smooth, noise-free images. (with a decent lens too of course)

My little Canon just cannot handle the dark, high speed forest shots without severe loss of quality, only when the car is perfectly still can i do something out of it. My next cruise down there will definately be after i get my D-SLR. Which is now most likely to be the Canon EOS 10D.
Old 06-16-2003, 05:56 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

MyYellowHonda... my friend i have seen people with high end D-SLR's and all the expense that goes with them do half of what you have done on these photos....they are a credit to you........ .....

This thread is getting so long and bandwidth intensive we will have to open a new 'Picture Gallery' thread.....
Old 06-16-2003, 06:08 PM

Here are some more images.

Old 06-16-2003, 07:26 PM

Mrch@ms those pictures are awesome the depth of focus is just incredible!

Thanks for letting me have a hold of your camera, i greatly appreciate it. And thanks for coming down to take these shots for us, i'm so glad you got one of mine!

I'm really sorry that you could'nt make it with your rx7, i heard all about it and i must say that thing sounds like it's a godzilla.

Thanks again for the pictures - it's the very first picture someone has ever taken of me in my car on the road
Old 06-16-2003, 08:06 PM

Yellow and Mrch@ms, all your photos are friggin awesome!!! Thanks a million for making the effort! Wow x 1000!!!
Old 06-16-2003, 08:39 PM

Thanks alot guys, it was a pleasure meeting you all.
I hopefully pick up my Rx7 today after getting a new manifold made up.
It'll be out on the next cruise for sure. I look forward to it.

Take it easy

Dean
Old 06-16-2003, 10:44 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Would have to be the best series of pics of an S2K drive that i have seen on the entire S2K International forum...Anyone seen better?

Many congratulations to lensmen MyYellowHonda and Mrch@ms ....My pics pale into insignificance

Dean....jog my memory of the type of camera and lens you used.....I'll race out and buy one...
Old 06-16-2003, 11:06 PM

Canon EOS 10D, it's a 6+megapixel D-SLR.. my idol camera! Very dear though - I think it's over 5 grand in Australia for the body alone. Much cheaper to get it overseas.

He had a super cool wide angle lens, 15mm - 24 or something.

Awwwwwesomeeee, if you're going to get one. Let me know, maybe we can get two together for a discount?

$1500 US is the standard price at the moment from America. And over $3000 for the 1Ds.

Quick Reply: Sydney S2K drive (14-6-03) Gallery