Australia & New Zealand S2000 Owners Members from the land downunder.

Upcoming track events (April)

Old 03-19-2003, 03:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Upcoming track events (April)

Hey guys, there's 2 track-events of interest coming up in April. You just need to be a member of a car-club to participate. Anyone interested?

- Winton on 12th April 2003 (WRX club) at $135 + $10
- Sandown on 13th April 2003 (Maserati club) at $125

I'll cartainly go to one of these ... I have not comitted to either just yet, but will need to do so before the end of the month to get that price. I have gone with WRX-club before and their events are very well orgazines (and timed) so I'm leaning towards that. Anyone been to a Maserati track day? If so, how was it?
Old 03-19-2003, 08:43 AM

G'day David

I've been to the Maserati sprints in 2002. They are a bit disorganised but are a nice bunch of people and there is always a collection of drool-worthy cars turning up. e.g. Sandown was massively oversubscribed and wet (crashes) and I only got 2 timed runs (& 1 practise and 2 passenger runs) for the day.

The Winton event is a weekend where Ferrari turn up on Sat and Maserati on Sunday. A few people compete on both days. A guy I spoke to said that the Ferrari day was more organised.

I'll be flagging on the Saturday (in fact at all 3 Maserati events this year) - getting volunteers was one of the things that held them up.

Wouldn't your fine machine fit in more readily with the esteemed marque of Maserati rather than that grubby Subaru riff-raff (new money - and proud of it)?
Old 03-19-2003, 12:39 PM
CKY

[QUOTE]Originally posted by tafka TMB
[B]G'day David
Old 03-19-2003, 01:37 PM

Originally posted by CKY

Subaru isn't riff raff. They do make nice cars that perform well and we should avoid being biased towards them.
I am now an accredited CAMS official and would be happy to official for them at my level. David do you have a contact for the Maserati club ?
Cheers
Andy
I respect Scooby-doos. I forgot to add the smiles last night. The comment was made in jest (as are most of my comments).

Jim Reark is their president. His email is: [jimreark@maserati.org.au]

Maserati website is:
http://www.maserati.org.au/welcome.html
Old 03-19-2003, 01:42 PM
tze

fine vehicles? - oh u must mean those shitbarus
Old 03-19-2003, 03:53 PM

Thanks TBM,
It sounds like the Maserati track-days are very much like the HSV track-days. ie. Too many cars and not that many sessions. When I went to Sandwon with HSV-club, then they had another 3 clubs there with them which added up to around 75 cars on the track. That gave me just 2 timed sessions and 1 passanger/practice session. I loved all the variaty cars there, but would have liked a couple more sessions.

Looks like I'll sign up for the WRX track-day as I'm bound to have 5-6 sessions on the day (as last time). Anyone interested in coming as well (here an entry form ... though, you'll need the 'one day membership' form as well))?
http://www.wrx.com.au/htmll/motorsport/Ent...ntry%20Form.doc

ps. I would not mind seeing some of the Maseratis on the track ... though, I have a feeling that they won't be anywhere as quick as some of those super-WRXs.
Old 03-19-2003, 05:22 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by DavidM
[B]Hey guys, there's 2 track-events of interest coming up in April. You just need to be a member of a car-club to participate. Anyone interested?
Old 03-19-2003, 05:45 PM

Originally posted by DavidM
ps. I would not mind seeing some of the Maseratis on the track ... though, I have a feeling that they won't be anywhere as quick as some of those super-WRXs.
The weird thing is that there aren't that many Maseratis turning up at the sprints (some of the owners have a few cars). I think only one turned up at Sandown and it only made it around half the track in the wet.
Old 03-19-2003, 08:30 PM

David, you forgot to mention that there is a PIARC 2-day event on for the weekend of 5/6 April. That is, practice on Saturday 5th & sprints on Sunday 6th.

http://www.piarc.com.au
Old 03-23-2003, 04:52 PM

Over the next couple days I will be sending trough a registration to the Winton WRX track day. No one here interested in coming? What happend to all the track-heads ... last year we had 3 S2000's and a couple of ITRs? Noone interested in seeing how they'll run against the WRXs?

http://www.wrx.com.au/htmll/motorsport/Ent...ntry%20Form.doc

Quick Reply: Upcoming track events (April)