Australia & New Zealand S2000 Owners Members from the land downunder.

what is the worst meal you've ever had and where......

Old 04-18-2002, 02:14 PM
Muz
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by danprice
Those older members here may recall a 1970's Kings Cross entertainer by the name of "Divine". Divine was a very fat middle-aged drag Queen whose stage act consisted of bringing on a large dog (say a German Shepherd or equivalent) and getting the dog to do a big poo which he would catch in a bowl and then proceed to eat whilst it was still hot & steamy. People actually paid to watch him do this.

I doubt that anyone here has eaten a meal worse than this.

Turn around
Stand up like a man and look me in the eye
Turn around
Take one final look at what you've left behind
Then walk away
From the greatest lover you have ever known
Yes walk away
You're telling me that you can make it on your own, by yourself, all alone, without my help
Mister you just made a big mistake

You think you're a man but you're only a boy
You think you're a man you are only a toy
You think you're a man but you just couldn't see
You were not enough to satisfy me

LOL
Old 04-18-2002, 02:36 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by suit36
[B]
Old 04-18-2002, 03:11 PM

Originally posted by Bernie
some incredibly bad food in my travels. I think the Turkeymeister would be about the most travelled person I know. I would think some of his experiences would be interesting!
I suspect Naishou probably takes the cake here Bernie - from reading on the "other" OT forum he seems to have sampled most of Africa's wildlife and that of a few other continents too.

Yes, I've had the usual cockroaches in Thailand, monkeys in Zaire, fried termites in Uganda, guinea pigs in Bolivia, sea urchins (and whole cooked crab - you eat the shell too) in Japan, etc. etc.. All of these are quite tasty actually and I enjoyed them tremendously.

As far as bad food goes I don''t really think there is such a thing - bad cooking is the problem, however. I have been extremely ill twice in my travels. Once in Agra in India and again in Cusco, Peru. The first problem was amoebic dysentery from who knows what and the second was salmonella from a very undercooked piece of meat in Cusco, Peru.

Both of these instances kept me confined to within 10 foot of the nearest loo for 3-4 days.
Old 04-18-2002, 04:34 PM

Hey Muz, where did you get the picture and the words from???
Old 04-18-2002, 04:50 PM
Muz
Former Sponsor

[QUOTE]Originally posted by danprice
[B]Hey Muz,
Old 04-18-2002, 05:20 PM

Ye Gods! I would have thought that he/she would have faded into obscurity by now.

I also vaguely recall that Divine died of aids in the 1980s. Is that right?

I wasn't 100% sure about the photo. In my dim memory he/she was much much fatter and usually wore a blue dress.

I certainly recall the song. I think Molly Meldrum gave it a run on CountDown.

Is the one in the red dress (in the photo) the original Divine or an imitator?

I didn't go exploring amongst all the web sites listed. I wonder if there are any photos/stories about her eating habits?
Old 04-18-2002, 05:40 PM

From a previous post.... "Well, I felt I had to do something to get away from the 200sx thread As I wrote, we're an S2000 site and the most popular thread we've ever had (on the Oz board) is about the 200sx? " ........

Bernie,

The Nissan thread had 233 replies and 1555 views whereas the Takashi thread had only 88 replies but a staggering 2992 views. I think a lot of people were inhibited from posting in the Takashi thread because it was such blatant malicious personal gossip but it certainly attracted the most attention in terms of viewers.

If it hadn't been stopped/killed by the moderator (or webmaster?) who knows how big it may have gotten whereas the Nissan thread has just about run its race.

What does this say about us?
Old 04-18-2002, 07:00 PM

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I'm not sure the doggy doo dinner Devine and the "You think you're a man" Divine are one and the same. Every fat cross dresser in the world changed their name to Devine at that time.

I'd offer to hum a few bars but I wouldn't want you to take it the wrong way.
Old 04-18-2002, 07:11 PM

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally posted by danprice
I think a lot of people were inhibited from posting in the Takashi thread because it was such blatant malicious personal gossip but it certainly attracted the most attention in terms of viewers.
I think a lot of people were reluctant to post on the Takaski thread because of the mystery. If you posted "Get well soon TK" and it turned out it was a hoax then you'd look like a fool. If you posted "Liar, liar, pants on fire" and it turned out TK really was bashed then you looked even worse.

Never really did get to the bottom of it though did we!
Old 04-18-2002, 07:13 PM

Originally posted by AusS2000

I think a lot of people were reluctant to post on the Takaski thread because of the mystery. If you posted "Get well soon TK" and it turned out it was a hoax then you'd look like a fool. If you posted "Liar, liar, pants on fire" and it turned out TK really was bashed then you looked even worse.

Never really did get to the bottom of it though did we!
I think it's fairly clear what happened. Just ask Mingster if you are in doubt. PLAYLIFE seems to know a little more than most too.

Quick Reply: what is the worst meal you've ever had and where......