Australia & New Zealand S2000 Owners Members from the land downunder.

Winton Sunday Nov 26

Old 11-25-2006, 11:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A few happy-snaps from the day .............

EDIT: as at 3/12/2006 - some photos modified.

DavidM & YellaFella on grid & ready to go
censored

Integra Crx & Civic

WhiteAP1

El Prez's new toy (complete with full roll-cage) - it goes well!

Alison on track

Carl advertising CRS - but no phone number

Tafka showing his white wheels

DavidM & YellaFella in front of Steven on grid

David & Iggy line up for scrutineering

Scamp plays with big brothers

WhiteAP1 aims at DavidM

Silverstone on track

RedRover says to YellaFella "Careful how you park that heap of junk - I don't want any scratches on my S"

Naturally, all the S2000 drivers were young & handsome .....
Old 11-26-2006, 02:32 AM

OK, just before I crash, the times for all sessions are here

- I'll should have them collated into driver/sessions by Tuesday night, when I'll be posting them on the HSCCV website.

Hope you all enjoyed it!
Old 11-26-2006, 06:10 PM

Thanks for an awesome day at Winton HSCCV. The only think extra we could have asked for is coller temperatures ;-)

OK, just before I crash, the times for all sessions are here

Thanks Billyblue. I'm not sure if I'm imagining things, but in couple instances it seems that not all the laps are shown/timed. There're couple sessions in the afternoon that I'm thinking off, and I see only 3 laps, while I could have sworn that we did more like 5. Is it just me imagining things, or does someone else also think that they did more laps than listed?

I'll should have them collated into driver/sessions by Tuesday night.

If you PM me your e-mail address, I'll be able to send all the times (from the day) in an XLS.

Meanwhile, here's the list of the quickest laps from the day:

- 350Z, DavidM (R-spec tyres + exhaust + springs) = 1:41.065
- CIVIC, Vinh T (R-spec tyres + modified B18C, coilover suspenison) = 1:41.138
- F355 CS, Yellafella (R-spec tyres) = 1:41.589
- INTEGRA, Stephen W (R-spec tyres + ECU + Hondata + Suspension) = 1:41.666
- INTEGRA, Carl S (Slicks+ Race Prepped) = 1:41.912
- e30 BMW, Aaron I (R-spec tyres + Race Prepped) = 1:42.782
- TIGA 2000, Joel B = 1:43.646
- INTEGRA, TOMIC (R-spec tyres + ???) = 1:43.692
- INTEGRA DC2, Tafka TBM (R-spec tyres) = 1:44.130
- CRX, Phil B (R-spec tyres + h/i + coilovers) = 1:44.175
- 350Z, Aaron/David C (R-spec tyres + TT + Suspension mods) = 1:44.309
- INTEGRA, Chan (R-spec tyres + ???) = 1:44.681
- 350Z, Iggy (Slicks + exhaust) = 1:44.820
- INTEGRA, Ben L (R-spec tyres + ???) = 1:45.808
- 911 GT3, Peter R = 1:46.760
- MR2, Chnug (R-spec tyres + ???) = 1:47.765
- STi, SimonR (R-spec tyres + more power + suspension mods) = 1:47.844
- WRX, Eric G (???) = 1:48.037
- CRX, Adam L (???) = 1:48.528
- S15 200SX, SteveZ (exhaust + suspension mods) = 1:50.905
- S2000, Tian O = 1:53.803
- WRX, Jason A = 1:54.018
- 180SX, Richard W = 1:54.085
- S2000, John D = 1:59.371
- Barina, TSZ C = 2:04.182
- S2000, Tian O = 2:12.811

ps. Not everyone is listed in the above list, but if you are, can you let me know what tyres you were on, and also what mods do you have (if any)? Thanks.

pps. Redrover, thanks for the pics.
Old 11-26-2006, 10:15 PM

CRX, Phil B (R-spec tyres + ???) = 1:44.175
just the re55s tyres on my car and some bolt on mods (headers, intake and coilovers), tis my daily driver.

thanks to the folks at Honda Sports car club for putting on yet another great sprint.
Old 11-26-2006, 10:24 PM

Hi guys, im the one in the grey civic. Long time reader, first time poster The car has a modified B18C and coilover suspenison. Its sorta my daily driver (when i put the stock exhaust and wheels back on)

Had a great time and thanks to all the organisers.
Old 11-26-2006, 11:04 PM

Originally Posted by DavidM,Nov 27 2006, 02:10 PM
I'm not sure if I'm imagining things, but in couple instances it seems that not all the laps are shown/timed. There're couple sessions in the afternoon that I'm thinking off, and I see only 3 laps, while I could have sworn that we did more like 5. Is it just me imagining things, or does someone else also think that they did more laps than listed?

If you PM me your e-mail address, I'll be able to send all the times (from the day) in an XLS.
David, can't comment directly on your imagination, but having seen the operation of the timing system I doubt any laps were missed (not timed) - the system seems idiot proof, and the operator didn't know how to change things, and didn't want to try!

Thanks for doing the spreadsheet (PM sent!) - that will save a bit of cutting pasteing!

Oh, and as for the temp - well it was a couple of degrees cooler on Sunday than it was on Saturday, but we have booked the track for a couple of weeks earlier next year! (hope it doesn't cause a prob for any students!)

Dates booked are April 15 & Nov 18 2007 (both at Winton - where we will stay until Calder bring their price back into to stratosphere, rather than somewhere past Pluto)
Old 11-27-2006, 12:40 AM

just the re55s tyres on my car and some bolt on mods (headers, intake and coilovers), tis my daily driver.

Cool. Details above updated. I did not realise that a CRX with just H/I, suspension, and R-spec tyres could go that quick. Awesome.

im the one in the grey civic.

Weez3r, which one of those Civics listed were you ... the one in 1:41s or 1:44s? Also what tyres were on the car?

ps. Thanks for the info guys.

can't comment directly on your imagination, but having seen the operation of the timing system I doubt any laps were missed (not timed)

I was wondering if it would stop timing/recording if the cars in the session were out there over the 10 min mark? Afterall, cars were out sometimes longer than that.

But it could very well just me being confused here.
Old 11-27-2006, 02:29 AM

Originally Posted by DavidM,Nov 27 2006, 01:40 AM
Weez3r, which one of those Civics listed were you ... the one in 1:41s or 1:44s? Also what tyres were on the car?
i think they're both me lol

yeah i had Rspec tyres
Old 11-28-2006, 04:10 AM

Originally Posted by DavidM,Nov 27 2006, 08:40 PM
I was wondering if it would stop timing/recording if the cars in the session were out there over the 10 min mark? Afterall, cars were out sometimes longer than that.
I am still waiting on Winton to call me back to discuss, but looking at the times in toto, I doubt any were missed, each session except the last was kept pretty close to 10 mins - timed by us from the time the last car went out.

But looking at the last session, it does seem a bit light on for laps (hey, the yellafella was out there afterall) so I'll be asking questions about how sensitive is the system, and does it cope with cars passing as they cross the timing point - i.e. I thought the antenna was near ground level near the start-finish gantry, so if 2 cars go side by side at that point, might the one further away from the antenna be missed? - But to answer my own question, if it was missed, then I'd expect it's next lap time to be roughly double a normal time....

Questions, questions!
Old 11-28-2006, 01:22 PM

Hi Bill, thanks for your work on the day.

The young guy with the 2 litre turbo skyline had problems with his transponder all day. His was mounted in the boot and eventually it was mounted the right way up. I had mine cable tied to my passenger headrest near the window and it performed fine, although the printed out laps seemed a bit light on the times were bang on with the readout of my Intercomp lap timer (the beacon was at the start/finish line).

DavidM - Yellafella reckoned he was running with the A/C on so his times would be down a bit (poncy Ferrari drivers what can you do with them!).

Quick Reply: Winton Sunday Nov 26