Auto Racing Discussion F1, IRL, Champ Car, Nascar, WRC, BTCC, etc. Discuss recent races, results.

2010 F1 drivers

Old 11-02-2009, 08:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2010 F1 drivers

How about some discussion on this topic?

Off the top of my head, here is what is confirmed and in the rumourmill, plus some conjecture / wishful thinking on my part, ie. anything to do with JV

McLaren - Hamilton, Raikkonen? Button? Heidfeld? latter two unlikely I think, money's on Raikkonen
Ferrari - Alonso, Massa - both confirmed
Brawn - Button? Rosberg? - most likely, I think
RBR - Vettel, Webber - both confirmed
STR - Buemi? Alguesuari? - most likely here too, I think
Renault - Kubica, Glock? Kovalainen?
Williams - Hulkenberg, Barrichello - both confirmed
Force India - Sutil? Fisi? Probably Sutil for sure
Toyota - Kobayashi? Glock? Kovalainen? Heidfeld? Soucek? probably Kobayashi for sure, and why ditch Glock?
USF1 - Villeneuve? Wurz? de la Rosa? Andretti? Rahal? no idea!
Campos - Senna, Wurz? de la Rosa? Soucek? Davidson? no idea!
Manor - Davidson? Soucek? Sato? Trulli? no idea!
Lotus - Sato? Trulli? Davidson? no idea!
Sauber - will they even be there? hopefully!
Old 11-02-2009, 09:42 AM
A 2
Former Moderator

Received 158 Likes on 147 Posts

Williams has confirmed Rubens & Hulkenberg for 2010.

In other news Bridgestone will be leaving F1 at the end of the 2010 season. Y'all think Michelin will be back
Old 11-02-2009, 12:58 PM

I'm hoping Kimi goes back to McLaren, he was a good fit there. I wonder if Schumi will make a return? I know he's still under contract with Ferrari but he could afford to get out from under that.

USF1 is going to be interesting, who the drivers are going to be. Red Bull still has not confirmed what engine they are going to run next year, which I would think would hamper chassis development I think?

Maybe Goodyear will come back, although unlikely with them being in NASCAR and NHRA.
Old 11-02-2009, 01:58 PM

A lot of questions at the end of the season, and a lot of driver changes to be made, I'm looking forward to it.

And the real reason to be excited for 2010 is Canadian GP is back on the calender! It's still pending, but if it is brought back, it's a great day for North American F1 fans!
Old 11-02-2009, 04:44 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

As of right now I believe there are only 9 of the 26 drivers confirmed.
I am going to work on my predictions.
Old 11-03-2009, 08:37 AM

I posted this in the Abu Dhabi race thread but here is more appropriate:

Can someone explain to me why Brawn would get rid of Rubens? Has he not been an absolute team player who's out-raced and qualified Button the entire latter half of the season except the last race?

On top of this, he is so motivated to win that he drives for cheap compared to other drivers on the grid. I cannot understand who will come into a 2nd seat and act as loyal and as chivalrous as Rubens has during this entire season...knowing he wasn't considered 1st driver per Ross Brawn's typical race tactics.

I would love to see this guy win a championship of his own before he retires but it certainly won't be under Williams unless something changes drastically at that outfit. Letting Rubens go was the worst mistake Ross Brawn could have made. It will cause drama as the incoming driver will jockey for position with Button and I don't think anyone's driven as consistently as Rubens all season long. Ridiculous.
Old 11-03-2009, 09:39 AM

With Mercedes making a play to buy into Brawn and wanting a German driver, ie. Nico Rosberg, perhaps it is not so much Brawn kicking Barrichello out as Brawn needing Rosberg.

Does anyone think Rosberg will outpace Button next year at Brawn?
Old 11-03-2009, 09:50 AM
A 2
Former Moderator

Received 158 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by saaboteur,Nov 3 2009, 10:39 AM
Does anyone think Rosberg will outpace Button next year at Brawn?
I think each of them (Button & Rosberg) will be better than the other in certain conditions. Will they be competitive, oh! hell yeah........but like someone said elsewhere I hope the reason Rubinho was replaced was not for having a German in a German-engined car
Old 11-03-2009, 01:56 PM

I personally think Rosberg will be quicker than Button.

It will also be interesting if Kimi goes back to McLaren. I think that intra team battle will be very interesting indeed. Kimi will be a much tougher teammate than Kovalainen was. Which is too bad, I like Kovalainen, I wish he had more than one victory.
Old 11-10-2009, 05:02 AM

I believe Fisi was sincere in saying he wanted to end his career at Ferrari. He will be 3rd/test driver for Ferrari in 2010, not back at Force India.

Quick Reply: 2010 F1 drivers