Auto Racing Discussion F1, IRL, Champ Car, Nascar, WRC, BTCC, etc. Discuss recent races, results.

F1 Silly Season & Discussion Thread

Old 10-03-2014, 06:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F1 Silly Season & Discussion Thread

NEW TEAM DRIVER LINE UP FOR 2015 | Red Bull Racing Formula One Team

Sebastian Vettel has advised us that he will be leaving Infiniti Red Bull Racing at the end of the 2014 season. We want to warmly thank Sebastian for the incredible role he has played at Infiniti Red Bull Racing for the last six years. Since joining the team in 2009, Sebastian, together with Infiniti Red Bull Racing, has scored 38 wins, 44 poles and eight World Championships, including four Drivers' titles and four Constructors'. If you include Sebastian's success at Red Bull's second team, Scuderia Toro Rosso, the Red Bull total increases to 39 wins and 45 poles. As we wish Sebastian well in the next stage of his career, we also look to the future with excitement, as the vacancy makes way for the next generation of Red Bull racers. The Red Bull Junior Programme has developed some proven talents in recent times, including Sebastian Vettel and Daniel Ricciardo, who has excelled in the RB10 and become a three-time Formula One race winner in his first season with the team. We're pleased to announce that Daniel will be joined in the team for 2015 by another rising star from the Junior Programme, Daniil Kvyat. Ends
Christian Horner is also heard to be dropping the F-bomb as to where Vettel will be going (F-bomb as in Ferrari).

Last edited by A 2; 09-05-2018 at 05:03 PM. Reason: Changing the title so 2017 discussion can be kept on this thread
Old 10-03-2014, 06:18 PM

Very interesting. It is every drivers dream to race for Ferrari. Vettel is following Schumi's path.
Old 10-04-2014, 08:31 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

And FA is following a path of his dream, to be in a "Senna" car, McLaren Honda...

Great read - http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...n-from-ferrari
Alonso has previously been quoted by Ian Parkes of the Daily Mail as describing how Senna became something of an obsession for him as a youngster growing up in Oviedo, Spain.
Despite being unable to view the Brazilian's performances on television in his homeland, Alonso said, pictures of Senna dominated his schoolbook and a poster of the three-time world champion adorned his bedroom wall.
Even his first go-karts were decorated in the white and rocket red livery of the Marlboro McLarens, which Senna guided to 35 of his 41 grand prix victories.

I'm sure FA can work some yellow into his blue helmet design
Old 10-04-2014, 11:46 AM

I think Honda is going to be a power to be reckoned with next year, and if McLaren can get the suspension/aero sorted out, it could be an amazing combo, lots of if's there I know... but I can't help but think/wonder if Honda's extended time to develop a power unit combined with what McLaren already know about the superior Mercedes power unit, that these two bits might just come together to form a beast of a power unit, which could lead to an amazing team especially considering the driving talent known as FA...

I'll be the first to admit I thought LH was a complete dolt to switch to Mercedes, but look how that turned out...

I was at Indy when SV ran in practice for the first time and was at top of the charts, a drive I remember today with humor because as I sat in my sun baked seat I screamed out "Who the hell is Vettle?!?" Nice couple behind me were able to fill me in...
I'v been in and out of favor with SV, but I know this, I'm Tifosi, and just about every driver dreams of driving for Ferrari, so congrats, and welcome

I love the silly season!

Huge kudos to DK, nice score taking the Vettle seat at Red Bull, and I'm a super huge fan of MV and hopes he does very well with Toro Rosso next year

Come on McLaren, announce you have signed FA
Come on Ron Dennis, retire, step out of the way, let's get this show on the road without your cheating ass...
Old 10-04-2014, 11:50 AM

Just think if Ron Dennis is leading FA along for pay back.
Old 10-04-2014, 02:44 PM
A 2
Former Moderator

Received 158 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by MR.CLIFFORD
Just think if Ron Dennis is leading FA along for pay back.
LOL

I think they need each other. They'll definitely make this marriage of convenience work IF Ferrari will go through with dropping FA and have Kimi alongside Vettel. Silly season should be fun as it unfolds.
Old 10-04-2014, 05:08 PM

Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

A2, I'd like to see something else like Lewis jumping back to McL, and Alonso going to Merc snd showing Rossberg who's the number 1, either on track, or by better fan support and better politics.
Old 10-04-2014, 05:50 PM
A 2
Former Moderator

Received 158 Likes on 147 Posts

Rosberg V Alonso if it ever happens will be a Shakesperean drama.
Old 10-07-2014, 10:25 AM

Received 124 Likes on 101 Posts

I wonder if Alonso will end up having a rookie teammate as fast as he is and who ties him for points for the year just like the last time he was at McLaren
Old 10-07-2014, 01:43 PM

I just worry FA won't get a seat for next year...

Quick Reply: F1 Silly Season & Discussion Thread