Auto Racing Discussion F1, IRL, Champ Car, Nascar, WRC, BTCC, etc. Discuss recent races, results.

Good news for the Honda fans...

Old 04-28-2006, 10:15 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Good news for the Honda fans...

I'm a firm believer the more sponsors a team has the better, and clearly this sounds like a good one.

Honda concludes deal with NGK.
The Honda Racing F1 team has confirmed that they have concluded a 'team partnership' deal with NGK Spark Plugs. Established in 1936, the Japanese company has, according to the Brackley based team, 'established a reputation for quality and innovation in all its product areas, ranging from spark plugs and related products for internal combustion engines to new technical ceramic products'.

As part of the agreement, NGK Spark Plugs branding will feature on the rear wing end plate of the RA106 race car throughout the 2006 season. "We are delighted to have NGK Spark Plugs within our portfolio of team partners and we are excited about developing our association with such a well-respected brand within the motorsport industry," said Honda team boss, Nick Fry. "NGK's strong racing heritage and experience will undoubtedly benefit the team and we look forward to working closely with them in the future."

http://www.crash.net
Old 04-28-2006, 10:23 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Triple-H,Apr 28 2006, 11:15 AM
I'm a firm believer the more sponsors a team has the better, and clearly this sounds like a good one.
Because stickers add HP?
Old 04-28-2006, 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by mikegarrison,Apr 28 2006, 01:23 PM
Because stickers add HP?
Are you not aware of this stuff?

$$$,$$$.$$
Old 04-28-2006, 11:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, they did quite well considering they only just got spark plugs.
Old 04-28-2006, 07:35 PM

at the moment, all it means is "poorly managed new $$"
Old 04-29-2006, 05:10 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by s2ksimon,Apr 28 2006, 10:35 PM
at the moment, all it means is "poorly managed new $$"
Maybe your right, but the same could be said about YOUR Team Toyota and I KNOW they spend DOUBLE what Honda does.
Why dont you Complain about your team?? A real fan take the good with the bad
trust me I know.
Maybe no one starts many threads about Toyota because WE all know they will always remain a moving chicane, or just a F1 joke.
But as a Toyota F1 fan, one who removed the Toyota F1 Banner immediately after the 1st race from your signature. Shouldnt you defend, or voice anger since Toyota F1 suck MUCH more than Honda F1???
Think about this.. 550 Million Euro AND a FULL scale modern Wind tunnel.. and look at them... at least Honda F1 will not have a 100% scale new modern wind tunnel operational til July... Toyota has had it since 2001!!!!
So just maybe you say the spend the sponser money poorly??? Or maybe that sponsewr money is going into the 85 Million Euro Wind tunnel, and the results will come immediately there after.... ummm, so again what it Toyota's Excuse???
Old 04-29-2006, 05:45 AM

i could care less what Toyota do, as you may notice I've removed everything from my signature.. I have better things in my life than to worry or live my life through an internet forum about an f1 team who can care less about me..

to some degree, I agree with you, but unfortunately Honda's going down their route as they continue to pump in the millions as well..

and as for your views, I think you should seek professional help.. as you speak on their behalf as if you were co-owner. Your level of devotion is borderline "fanaticism" or maybe have reached that level like Robert DeNiro in the movie "The Fan" ?

dude ? when you gonna wake up ? as Honda could give a shit about you or your views..

Old 04-30-2006, 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by Marco,Apr 29 2006, 08:10 AM
starts many threads about Toyota
Who????

Are they still in F1?
Old 04-30-2006, 08:33 PM
Banned

Sorry Simon,
I am not going to kidnap any ones child, kill any one and put there body parts in my fridge, therefore I am not like RD character in the movie "The Fan"
Next, your goddamn right Im a Fanatic. Hey, some people are Money, Jesus, Drug, Alcohol, work, sex, food, gambling, and etc fanatics.
I am fanatical about 1 thing and only 1 thing.. BUT it is also the sign of a loyal fan. I dont cheer for several teams, I dont love ANY driver (except the ones who pilot my team.. when they leave.. F*** them)
Now do i think Honda will do what I say?? Of course not, but at least I am willing to write them and voice my opinions, and show my content and discontent. Its funny, people bitched for years about this and that on the S2000, guess what.. Honda listened, at least partly ( and a LOT came from THIS site.. so the stupid web site holds water, and I didnt use this site, I do it Direct).. so i like to be optomistic.

Saying you dont give a shit because they dont give a shit is the easy way out of a bad situation. Its all cool if your just a fan of F1. I adore the sport, but I worship the sport because my team competes, and I live for the day when I and the rest of the Honda F1 fans OWN the earth again.
Its funny, there are 65 Million fans in Italy who's fanatisim makes mine look just a TAD stronger than your views... So I dont think my beliefs are anything to ashamed of. When a Priest calls off ( from easter mass) to stay home and watch Imola 03 ... isnt that lying to God?? and im pushing the limits of sanity???
You know what I get out of My loyality???
I get conversations with Honda F1 team members.. and not just the one you know BECAUSE of me, I get it from the VP of Honda F1 R & D OS
Will they listen?? NO... but when my 2006 USGP paddock passes arrive, I think that proves my voice is heard, and even if they dont listen, they respect me enough to give me passes Reserved for Corporate sponsers.
Those who pursue through devotion get lifes simple rewards....