Auto Racing Discussion F1, IRL, Champ Car, Nascar, WRC, BTCC, etc. Discuss recent races, results.

Good Overview of MS' driving career

Old 04-19-2006, 06:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good Overview of MS' driving career

[I]TOP 10 MOMENTS ON SPEED: #1, Schumacher Obliterates F1 Record Books
Written by: Tom Jensen Charlotte, N.C.
Old 04-20-2006, 04:58 AM

Who cares?
Old 04-20-2006, 05:40 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The greatest driver of our time.. I just hope he knows his limits and we dont' lose him like we did with Senna
Old 04-20-2006, 07:49 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i have 2 thoughts...

A - based on his accomplishments, he's the best driver any of us will have seen in our lifetimes - this is impossible to dispute.

B - as good as his numbers are - and only basing his career on numbers - is not quite right. back in the senna/prost days, there was a fierce rivalry...MS has never really had a rival that could challenge him (some would say challenge the car?)...has that made it easy for him to make the numbers he has? logic would dictate, yes....but then, some would say, so what?

it would be interesting to debate part B....
Old 04-20-2006, 08:04 AM

Originally Posted by PLYRS 3,Apr 20 2006, 10:49 AM
A - based on his accomplishments, he's the best driver any of us will have seen in our lifetimes - this is impossible to dispute.
Are you trying to piss me off or are you doing it as just your standard operating procedure?

You are so full of chit if you believe that statement you just made. Ayrton was killed long before his career had time to run its course. You cannot claim MS is way superior to AS when MS has had the chance to live out a great career and AS was not afforded this opportunity.

MS is extraordinary, AS was extraordinary, to claim you are capable of determining for all of us that MS is hands down the best is pure arrogance. Sorry Nimesh, but you are off base big time. I still love ya, but dude, you are whacked...
Old 04-20-2006, 08:35 AM

It's funny how the greats learn from each other. I see some of the greatness in MS that i saw in AS. Unfortunately, i don't put anyone else in this category including Prost. I see some of MS now in FA. Yeah, i know its incredibly early to say that but you can see some of the skill.

Agreed, you can't compare MS to AS. I think AS is the best of all time but it's hard to argue with MS's numbers.
Old 04-20-2006, 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by Triple-H,Apr 20 2006, 12:04 PM
Are you trying to piss me off or are you doing it as just your standard operating procedure?

You are so full of chit if you believe that statement you just made. Ayrton was killed long before his career had time to run its course. You cannot claim MS is way superior to AS when MS has had the chance to live out a great career and AS was not afforded this opportunity.

MS is extraordinary, AS was extraordinary, to claim you are capable of determining for all of us that MS is hands down the best is pure arrogance. Sorry Nimesh, but you are off base big time. I still love ya, but dude, you are whacked...
did you ever learn to read?

read what i wrote......
Old 04-20-2006, 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by Triple-H,Apr 20 2006, 12:04 PM
Ayrton was killed long before his career had time to run its course.
LOL so what?

what if lemieux didn't have back problems his entire career?

"what if", what?

doug, i love you too, but you're clueless sometimes.

Old 04-20-2006, 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by PLYRS 3,Apr 20 2006, 01:19 PM
did you ever learn to read?
read what i wrote......
Yes I did.

You said based on his accomplishments, he's the best driver any of us will have seen in our lifetimes - this is impossible to dispute.

I understand you are talking about his stats and yes, his numbers are clearly way out in front of AS, however, I cannot look at just the numbers, I'm not an accountant. Regardless of how you prefaced your evaluation of MS, when I read he's the best driver any of us will have seen in our lifetimes - this is impossible to dispute I naturally find it easy to dispute because if you watched and folowed AS as a real fan you would know this great man had a very different kind of passion for F1 as compared to MS. Where as MS is very much focused on the stats, that somehow seems like the wrong way to describe AS. This was a man who burned with such passion there were times when one could not help but see he cared more for a good race than the best result, he would sunject himself to a DNF just to have the race; thus stats cannot be the only quantifyer.

This is all very subtle, and I'm not sure if you are going to get it or even if I'm able to properly put it into words, but I cannot stand by and see MS elevated to a position of indisputable superiority, when it is disputable.
Old 04-20-2006, 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by ITR Racer,Apr 20 2006, 11:35 AM
Agreed, you can't compare MS to AS. I think AS is the best of all time but it's hard to argue with MS's numbers.
Spoken like a man who has followed F1 for more than a season...

Quick Reply: Good Overview of MS' driving career