Auto Racing Discussion F1, IRL, Champ Car, Nascar, WRC, BTCC, etc. Discuss recent races, results.

Honda looses again, this time FA...

Old 09-08-2008, 05:09 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Honda looses again, this time FA...

Rumor or fact?

This will be an interesting move, and I hope he is with RK and not NH!

If I were FA I would not have been interested in Honda at all considering how patyhetic they are, but for Honda, they could use a known quality driver and I'm sort of sorry for Honda that their rumors of getting him seem to have vanished.

Alonso signs three-year BMW deal
Spainard to partner Kubica?

Sep.7 (GMM) In the buzz of the post-race paddock at Spa-Francorchamps, it was rumoured and reported that former double world champion Fernando Alonso will switch from Renault to BMW-Sauber for the 2009 season and beyond.

The information was transmitted from the Belgian venue by the Italian television channel Sky, who said the Spaniard's contract could be for a three-year period.

The rumour comes just one day after Honda boss Ross Brawn admitted he is also waiting on the 27-year-old's decision, and ongoing speculation that Alonso wants to use his team for next year only as a springboard to a Ferrari seat perhaps in 2010.

Alonso would not be drawn on the reports. "For weeks I have said I will only consider my future at the end of September. My priority at the moment is to help Renault to fourth place in the constructors' championship," he is quoted as saying by Germany's Auto Motor und Sport.

http://formula-1.updatesport.com/news/arti...-deal/view.html
Old 09-08-2008, 06:50 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is Rumor.
If its not oh well.
Old 09-08-2008, 08:17 AM

i'm sure he and the rest of the f1 world, don't care who's he's with..

he'll definitely move BMW F1 forward considerably more than those current drivers
Old 09-08-2008, 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by s2ksimon,Sep 8 2008, 11:17 AM
he'll definitely move BMW F1 forward considerably more than those current drivers
Agreed FA would bring a great deal to the team, but still, I think RK is doiig a good job as I have never been a NH fan. Actually, I would love to see BMW with FA and SV, but I'm afraid SV will get stuck at Red Bull in '09.
Old 09-08-2008, 08:31 AM
Former Moderator

You know, I'm not sure that FA brings enough experience for people to be clamouring all over him for his services for a year.

He's made it very clear he wants to go to Ferrari, and what Honda need is a stalwart who will spend a couple of years helping them develop their race craft. I'm sure Braun would rather have someone who he knows will be there for a few years so that he can try and repeat what he did at Ferrari again.
Old 09-08-2008, 08:36 AM

I just get the feeling FA is actually doing amazing things this year to get the Renault where it is. Toro Rosso seems to also have lack-luster performance with the Renault engine.

I can't help but think FA would help Honda, even if it were for only 1-year, after all, this would force Honda to get rid of at least one of their crappy drivers.
Old 09-08-2008, 01:35 PM

RK seems fairly level-headed (his setup at Spa notwithstanding), he might learn a lot with FA as his teammate. I'm not a fan of FA but he WAS a world champion! It will be interesting to see how this plays out.
Old 09-08-2008, 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by Triple-H,Sep 8 2008, 08:36 AM
I just get the feeling FA is actually doing amazing things this year to get the Renault where it is. Toro Rosso seems to also have lack-luster performance with the Renault engine.

I can't help but think FA would help Honda, even if it were for only 1-year, after all, this would force Honda to get rid of at least one of their crappy drivers.
Totally Agree, nando made a super race on belgium, outstanding !
Old 09-08-2008, 02:56 PM

I wish he could get the drive for Ferrari, damn that would be awesome, lets See
Old 09-08-2008, 03:44 PM

Good rumor. FA could be what it takes for BMW to step up and fight for the whole enchilada. But he sure needs a #2 driver who knows he's number 2. Is Kubica capable of swallowing that much pride? He's driving pretty well.

Quick Reply: Honda looses again, this time FA...