Auto Racing Discussion F1, IRL, Champ Car, Nascar, WRC, BTCC, etc. Discuss recent races, results.

I

Old 04-25-2006, 08:44 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tunerjetta29,Apr 24 2006, 06:53 PM
Everyone keeps saying they should put in a better driver but the team management will only put in a Japanese driver.
And this is proof of why Honda is doing an extremly poor job in F1. We keep saying they should just put in another driver because they should just put in another driver. They can hold onto their stupid idea about keeping a Japanese driver in the seat and continue to do poorly, or abandon that idea and find some other driver with talent.

Any team unwilling or unable to make the difficult decisions, especially when they are obvious does not deserve to win and never will.
Old 04-25-2006, 01:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I read an article that they are seriously considering Davidson? Thatll kill any chance of his career developing. Its kinda like shooting yourself in the foot taking a Super Aguri ride. They cant even afford to let Ide test, or mold him his own seat......what a joke.
Old 04-25-2006, 04:23 PM

Makoto Tamada? Although he's no VR he is Japanese and is pretty quick on a bike. Super Aguri couldn't do any worse than Ide.
Old 04-25-2006, 04:25 PM

And a question. Would AD be able to do the Friday driver thing with Honda and race with Aguri in the same weekend??
Old 04-25-2006, 05:38 PM

^ no - third car has to have a third driver that does not race on Sunday....
Old 04-26-2006, 04:27 AM

Originally Posted by tunerjetta29,Apr 25 2006, 04:44 PM
I read an article that they are seriously considering Davidson? Thatll kill any chance of his career developing. Its kinda like shooting yourself in the foot taking a Super Aguri ride. They cant even afford to let Ide test, or mold him his own seat......what a joke.
I would love it if AD got a chance to race.

And I have to take the other side of the coin on your next part. I have to believe if a driver performs well and is with a crappy team, that does not exclude them from advancing into a better team. As long as cheap man Frank is still running a team there will always be hope because Frank has a long history of taking young talent because he does not pay a lot, and really, driving for a team like Williams is going to teach anybody a lot.
Old 04-26-2006, 07:34 AM

The problem is that they are only letting Sato do the testing, and they have not even given Ide a proper seat fitting or time to get the car setup to his liking during testing. Without any of that it will be near impossible for anyone to perform well. Imagine taking a fast sweeper at 150+mph and your sliding around in your seat........probably a little hard to foucs . I fear Davidson will have the same issues with the team helping adjust the car for him, which is why i fear it may be bad for him when i would like him to do well. Just my .02 cents
Old 04-26-2006, 08:02 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by matrix,Apr 24 2006, 08:53 AM
Responding to Albers' charge of over-aggressiveness, he said: ''I don't think I was pushing too hard. Albers was the one on the racing line and I could not avoid his car.''
LOL

if he's in your way, don't boot him, PASS HIM!!!!!
Old 04-26-2006, 08:10 AM

THIS IS JUST A JOKE.
can we get davidson to place a rubber band around his eyes so he appears more team spirited. then would honda put him in race?

NOT A JOKE
even driving for super duper aguri, give this guy a chance.
Old 04-26-2006, 09:49 AM

Ide replacement?

[QUOTE]Franck Montagny third driver Super Aguri
Wednesday 26 April at 18:32 : Super Aguri F1 Team is pleased to announce that it has concluded an agreement with former Renault F1 test and development driver Franck Montagny to be its third driver for the forthcoming European Grand Prix, whilst discussions continue regarding further opportunities within the team.

Franck has previously travelled with Super Aguri F1 Team to the Bahrain and Malaysian Grands Prix in the position of reserve driver. He will now be driving the team

Quick Reply: I