Auto Racing Discussion F1, IRL, Champ Car, Nascar, WRC, BTCC, etc. Discuss recent races, results.

a month break!

Old 07-31-2012, 06:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default a month break!

i need a race fix before Spa, any alms coming up? i refuse to watch nASScar....
Old 07-31-2012, 08:22 PM

Hehe, i feel your pain. I wish they would show GP2 here, it's quite interesting to see the rookies trying to clinck a spot in F1. I'd try that if they aren't on vacation as well, or Indy Car hehe
Old 07-31-2012, 10:01 PM

I feel the pain too, i think a lot of F1 2012 will be played since i recieved a steering wheel and pedals as an early birthday present from my best mate. Also watch highlights and race edits over and over.
Old 08-01-2012, 03:56 AM
A 2
Former Moderator

Received 158 Likes on 147 Posts

ALMS at Mid-Ohio soon where the SRT Viper makes its race debut.

See if you have access to Speed2.com. They broadcast a lot of races on that website including WTCC, Ferrari Challenge etc.

In this month long break I expect to suffer massively from withdrawal symptoms. le sigh
Old 08-01-2012, 04:50 AM
A 2
Former Moderator

Received 158 Likes on 147 Posts

So what do you guys think Pastor Maldonado will do during his month off?

Prepare for whom to knock off at Spa & Monza
Old 08-01-2012, 05:09 AM

Received 32 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by A 2
ALMS at Mid-Ohio soon where the SRT Viper makes its race debut.

See if you have access to Speed2.com. They broadcast a lot of races on that website including WTCC, Ferrari Challenge etc.

In this month long break I expect to suffer massively from withdrawal symptoms. le sigh
This... I'll be at the ALMS race at Mid Ohio this Saturday, can't wait! I have my DVR set to record it... I believe it was actually airing on NBC or some other major cable network so you should be able to find it. I believe they're airing it around 1 or 2pm EST on 8/4/12.
Old 08-01-2012, 06:41 AM

Originally Posted by A 2

hes gonna take out perez, we know that already
Old 08-01-2012, 07:31 AM

Originally Posted by A 2

Wiliams will certainly work on some upgrades to rienforce their chassis to be more bumping friendly ! I can see Maldonado practicing his skills playing Destruction Derby 2
Old 08-01-2012, 10:22 AM
UK Moderator

Received 300 Likes on 258 Posts

I was at Spa yesterday - report here: https://www.s2ki.com/...st__p__21905148

Here's a lap - gives you some idea how fast an F1 car is...
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcye6v5pRLE&HD[/media]
Old 08-02-2012, 05:39 AM

Maldonado will not be enjoying his F1 vacation; he will be training really hard every single day at the Williams new secret training facility. William’s spokesman informed to the press that Maldonado will do everything right the next couple races, the team is supporting him 100% because we know that he will get the championship this year.
Williams have being working nonstop to put together a new 100% redesign car that fits Maldonado stile much better, the spokesman said: “Maldonado is very happy with the car in which he will be doing all the training and testing during the break.”
William’s chief operations engineer is very excited about the new car and informed everyone during a press conference that the car is working just as expected and Maldonado is definitely looking amazing in this car.

The owner/ operator of the testing facility commented: “I have been working here for many years, and I have never seen talent like that, in fact I gave Maldonado a great job offer to work here, and he is considering the offer at the moment”

When Maldonado was questioned about the job offer he said: “First I want to thank all the fans for the support, also special thanks to Disney World and Mickey Mouse for letting me use their great facility for training and the Groupon web site for offering the one month free fast-pass ticket for the bumper cars, so I don’t have to wait in line everyday for my training…about the offer, well I cannot comment about that yet”

Quick Reply: a month break!