Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

★ ☆Booztin's Build☆ ★ back from the DEAD 2015 update (s2k, raptor, sti ) pg31

Old 08-13-2015, 06:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

DAMNNNN that looks sick. Nice job buddy!
Old 08-18-2015, 08:24 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i remember seeing this car at Evans a few years ago.... it looks bad ass... sure has come a long way.

WTF do you do btw? I need to change careers.
Old 08-18-2015, 10:45 PM
Community Organizer

Received 551 Likes on 503 Posts

OP im starting to think you have a problem and you will never be satisfied

Rather liked your first silver widebody rendition on the magazine. Not sure what the compulsion was to change up the front end and go purple among other things, im admittedly lost on your build at this point. But your obviously having fun, and people are entertained by this, so not to take that away from you.
Old 08-19-2015, 01:03 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This was a bit of a benchmark car for me for some time - something I aspired to.

Things I like:
I like the Tamon front bumper.
I think the colour is beautiful.
the carbon boot with the subtle fade to show the weave - bare carbon now looks cheap and unfinished and people need to appreciate that point.
Facelift front lights (good call), cleared out (much better. No point upgrading unless they're cleaned in my opinion).

Things I don't
Being right-hand drive. My S was born right hand drive, it's 100% OEM but there's no way it adds to the car in any way in my view.
Satin not gloss paint, the car struggles with impact due to the lack of lustre in the paint finish. Don't get me wrong, it looks lovely, but I reckon if it was gloss it'd hit it out of the park.
The wheels shouldn't be black, they kind of get lost as they are such stunning wheels.
On a car where the arches are so smoothly integrated, the bonnet now has a very obvious hump where it shouldn't have one.

Ultimately, I still think this is a hugely important car to the S2000 community and it's a very, very nice example of what can be achieved. You need to pat yourself on the back for doing the things you have, that right hand drive conversion might not be something I like, but I still have massive respect for the volume of work required.

A lot of people within the car community could learn a LOT of important lessons from this build about execution - namely, finishing your modification properly and professionally. The one thing I'd like you to do more than all - keep going mate. You inspire a great number of people across the globe with cars like this and please remember to keep driving it. Don't fall into the trap of doing 1,000 miles a year because it's too good to be driven.

Great car - keep going!
Old 08-19-2015, 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by ICULOOKN
DAMNNNN that looks sick. Nice job buddy!
thank you man !

Originally Posted by sunman
i remember seeing this car at Evans a few years ago.... it looks bad ass... sure has come a long way.

WTF do you do btw? I need to change careers.
lol , yea its been quite some time since then! thank you!

I install solar panels

Originally Posted by s2000Junky
OP im starting to think you have a problem and you will never be satisfied

Rather liked your first silver widebody rendition on the magazine. Not sure what the compulsion was to change up the front end and go purple among other things, im admittedly lost on your build at this point. But your obviously having fun, and people are entertained by this, so not to take that away from you.
lol ehh its half true i enjoy changes to keep things fresh however i do envision a point I will let this project rest and just do up keep etc. but I cant put a finger on when that point will come.

changing the front end was due to the way the old front looked in my opinion I don't enjoy driving a car that is slammed to the ground I appreciate a functional ride and considering I live in a pot hole infested state lol I'd like to think im at a very functional height although I do like the way lowered cars looked. The older bumper flared up in the center making the car look much higher! So I changed bumpers to make it look a bit lower. I cant say I dont love the look of the sorcery bumper either cause that would be a lie lol

As for the color purple, it is one of my favorite colors. Much of my build honestly relates to things I wanted to achieve with a vehicle when I was 14-15 years old although styles in the car scene have changed since 11-12 years have went by but I still wanted to follow through with a ton of my visions. I always wanted a more exotic stand out color. As I said before purple being my favorite I decided why not! the purple rwb Porsche a few lambo's Ive seen as well as a few other cars also assured me of this choice.

I do have a final vision for the build and the vehicle is not there yet. With that said my opinion of what I like and how I would like to see the car does change from time to time. I couldn't be happier with everything thus far and although my build may not be everyone's cup of tea (which is impossible to be) I will never stop enjoying this project!

I just want to say thank you though I can appreciate your input GREATLY no sarcasm! Especially someone who has followed the build this long it really shows quality in this community and is always great to share common interest with people regardless if their opinions may be opposite.

Originally Posted by C7 JFW
This was a bit of a benchmark car for me for some time - something I aspired to.

Things I like:
I like the Tamon front bumper.
I think the colour is beautiful.
the carbon boot with the subtle fade to show the weave - bare carbon now looks cheap and unfinished and people need to appreciate that point.
Facelift front lights (good call), cleared out (much better. No point upgrading unless they're cleaned in my opinion).

Things I don't
Being right-hand drive. My S was born right hand drive, it's 100% OEM but there's no way it adds to the car in any way in my view.
Satin not gloss paint, the car struggles with impact due to the lack of lustre in the paint finish. Don't get me wrong, it looks lovely, but I reckon if it was gloss it'd hit it out of the park.
The wheels shouldn't be black, they kind of get lost as they are such stunning wheels.
On a car where the arches are so smoothly integrated, the bonnet now has a very obvious hump where it shouldn't have one.

Ultimately, I still think this is a hugely important car to the S2000 community and it's a very, very nice example of what can be achieved. You need to pat yourself on the back for doing the things you have, that right hand drive conversion might not be something I like, but I still have massive respect for the volume of work required.

A lot of people within the car community could learn a LOT of important lessons from this build about execution - namely, finishing your modification properly and professionally. The one thing I'd like you to do more than all - keep going mate. You inspire a great number of people across the globe with cars like this and please remember to keep driving it. Don't fall into the trap of doing 1,000 miles a year because it's too good to be driven.

Great car - keep going!

although they do look quite similar the bumper is sorcery ! but I love the tamon as well lol

as I said to s2000junky most of my choices with this build are inspired from when I was young growing up in the U.S. right hand drive cars were extremely uncommon to see on the road. Now days i feel like maybe they have become more common to see at events etc however that didnt stop me from doing what I wanted ! Seeing people here and there scratching their heads as to what is going on makes it all worth it LOL.

HUGE THANK YOU MATE! I do pride myself that I drive the crap out of the car when I can. I cant say I put thousands of miles a year on it because I just simply don't have time / weather to accommodate that but if I turn the key and leave my drive way I can promise the car is seeing hell! Recently just broke a few things romping on it lol.
regardless of what project I mess with in the future I will also follow through as I see fit!

Having a community backing you with feedback good or bad is an amazing feeling! As I always say I appreciate everyone's responses !
Old 08-20-2015, 02:43 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I knew you'd take the feedback in the manner it was intended and I'm relieved that you didn't take offence. Constructive criticism and mutually appropriate praise are what make us stronger/better and allow us to evolve.

I'm pleased to hear that you still drive the car. Not just trickle around in it, but make it earn its' keep. Sorry I didn't quite identify that bumper correctly, whoops.

I've been in the scene for 16 years now and much like you, there's certain visions I had a long time ago that I'm hell bent on delivering upon and actually seeing myself drive down the road. Props for sticking with the car that stole your heart and persevering. I bought a Skyline and it's been a real tricky time deciding where the next part purchase should go, so I TOTALLY get the thing about the STi vs the Raptor. STi wins every time though.

Keep going, keep pushing and please please keep sharing. Bloody nice car and good, clear theme going on.
Old 08-20-2015, 03:26 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Car looks great, I also have a Raptor, Although you should do the bumpers to match the flares.
Old 08-20-2015, 05:49 AM

Originally Posted by S2Ko0o
Car looks great, I also have a Raptor, Although you should do the bumpers to match the flares.

You mean paint it ?! Eventually I think I'm gonna do an add bumper most likely
Old 08-20-2015, 06:31 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This build has been crazy! Hey Derek, I just moved to NJ last Feb and I'm stationed at McGuire. I was wondering how far you are from the base, i would love to check the car out sometime if that's alright. Also, what shop does your work, they're amazing!
Old 08-20-2015, 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by General
This build has been crazy! Hey Derek, I just moved to NJ last Feb and I'm stationed at McGuire. I was wondering how far you are from the base, i would love to check the car out sometime if that's alright. Also, what shop does your work, they're amazing!

THANK YOU MAN! I live right by Deptford area I dono how close that is. 4130 fab does most of my work and crolls customs does all my body work