Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

1 Owner, 15k Miles, Spa Yellow - Build Thread

Old 03-05-2018, 05:58 AM

Received 323 Likes on 274 Posts

Originally Posted by mkluge84

Thank you. Unfortunately GPW is not available.
Suzuka blue?
Levi
Old 03-05-2018, 07:50 AM

Received 256 Likes on 219 Posts

Happy to help you acquire one if you are in need. Unfortunately not all colors are available.
Silverstone ap1 available?
Old 03-23-2018, 10:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

-- UPDATE --

Good afternoon friends.

Car has been collecting dust for a couple weeks. Been one nightmare after another recently.

Nightmare #1 - The body shop couldn't get the spoiler right. Even though I clearly communicated since day one I expect perfection and told them to charge me accordingly. Short version of the story is I have the spoiler back, and will use it for now. However once my hardtop arrives I will be finding a new shop to paint the hardtop and redo the spoiler.

Nightmare #2 - My calipers were dropped off at the powder coater weeks ago. Usually 1-2 weeks and they call me to pick them up. I waited 2.5 weeks and finally gave them a call. They told me they needed another 2 weeks. I said that is only leaving me one week to get the car back together for a meet I plan on attending. I said I'm fine with that, but it couldn't be pushed out any further. They called me back later that day saying they need 3-4 weeks. So yesterday I shipped my calipers to TN for some powder coating. Keeping my fingers crossed that I have them back in time.

Nightmare #3 - This one is totally my fault. When I ordered tires for the MF10 I don't know what I was thinking. I originally ordered 205/40 & 235/40. Well I didn't realize this didn't make sense until they were mounted and back at my house. Luckily the parts department swapped them out for me. Last night we mounted the proper tire sizes 225/45 & 255/40. They look much better!

Onto the pictures =)

A decal from the 90s I'd been looking for. Thank you Russell for providing this! This will be installed on the windshield.

This is with the wrong size tires. You can see the sidewall sizes are way off. Ooops!

Here you can see the front wheels with the correct and incorrect tires. Much better!!!!

Here they are back home with the new tires on.

This was my wheel weight removal setup. It worked extremely well, and didn't damage any of the finish on the MF10.
Old 03-23-2018, 12:20 PM
Bri

Received 52 Likes on 49 Posts

Did you have to pay the body shop even if the outcome didn't meet your expectations?
Old 03-23-2018, 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by Bri
Did you have to pay the body shop even if the outcome didn't meet your expectations?
Unfortunately yes. I had my lawyer involved. Paying and walking away was the cheapest and safest option.
Old 03-23-2018, 02:14 PM

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

Loving this build. Bummer about the body shop, so many employees are just there to milk the clock and not care like its their own
Old 03-23-2018, 08:39 PM
Bri

Received 52 Likes on 49 Posts

Unfortunately yes. I had my lawyer involved. Paying and walking away was the cheapest and safest option.

Awww man that sucks...
Old 04-12-2018, 04:01 AM

-- BRAKES REINSTALLED / REAR SPOILER INSTALLED / HARDTOP / UPDATES --

Good morning friends.

Last week I got the brake calipers back from powder coating. The first night we reassembled them, and a few days later we installed them on the vehicle. We also installed a Mugen Micro Mesh brake line kit. I am amazed at the quality of this kit. Perfect fitment! I'd also like to thank Black Label Coatings for an amazing job with the powder coating. I highly recommend his services. All the items were ready to go and required no modifications to install the pads.

A week ago I finally drilled the holes for the SS rear spoiler. What a nerve racking ordeal! They came out great, and I touched them up and gave them a few days to cure. I mounted the spoiler a couple days ago and I love the new look. Now I just need the hardtop to complete the vision =)

Tuesday was the first time the car was back on the ground in a month =O. The car would not start for me. My crappy jump box would not start it either. I went and purchased a better jump box which did start the car, but the car did not start wednesday morning. So yesterday I had to go get a new battery. The car fired up no issues last night, and again this morning with no problems. So glad that's squared away.

Sometime today my Mugen hardtop will be delivered. I hope to have it painted and installed before the end of May. I hoped to find a bnib oem hardtop, or mint condition but I haven't had any luck.

Other than that I washed the car yesterday and will be taping up the front end today for a journey down to Orlando for Eibach meet. Excited to finally put some miles on the car. I believe I've put less than 100 miles on the car since purchasing it.

Old 04-12-2018, 09:14 AM

Received 193 Likes on 130 Posts

The brakes look fantastic!
Old 04-16-2018, 07:06 PM

-- EIBACH TRIP / SPECIAL DELIVERY --

Good evening all.

Had quite an amazing weekend. On friday morning I met with King Motor Sports to join their convoy down to Eibach meet in Orlando. The convoy was great, the event was great, and Mugen had a representative fly over from Japan. Oh and I got to park my car at King Motor Sports booth.

The day before I left my hardtop was delivered. I hope to have it painted and installed by the end of next month.

Picture time..

Last edited by mkluge84; 04-16-2018 at 07:10 PM.

Quick Reply: 1 Owner, 15k Miles, Spa Yellow - Build Thread