Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

Adrs2k's Timeline - 2008 Apex Blue Pearl Club Racer +

Old 06-08-2016, 10:01 AM

Received 191 Likes on 118 Posts

Originally Posted by King Tut
That kind of looks like a racetrack. #trackinspired
Sure is a race track. Its at the Bondurant school which was down the street from a meet up for a recent group drive. My car was #trackinspired when I selected my parts, then #occasionallytracked, and now its just #notoccasionallytracked.
Old 06-08-2016, 10:31 AM

Received 56 Likes on 44 Posts

I've loved your photos and car from the very beginning, love the tasteful mods and especially the wheels. I've just recently acquired a DSLR (Canon Rebel T5i) and would love to hear any tips you have for a beginner, especially when it comes to taking pictures of vehicles. I love photography but mostly have only had either my iPhone or point-shoot style cameras, so the world of lenses, apertures, exposures, and ISO levels is a little bit overwhelming. LOL
Old 06-08-2016, 05:22 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by adrs2k
Originally Posted by TW00Si' timestamp='1465254282' post='23986512
So money. Every time I see pictures of your car, I wish I had kept my S closer to stock/OEM.
Thanks, I hope all is well with you! I had plans for the car this year and had the money set aside for a bunch of mods and even bought some new stuff (I ended up selling the parts). I decided for now, less is more and I did not want to mod just to mod. The car is pretty much perfect right now and the only things I want or need would be for if I was tracking regularly, which I am not. Maybe down the road when my schedule frees up I might buy some new stuff for the car, but for now, I am happy with it as is and I have no desire to mod. I ended up taking my S2000 mod money and used it to buy the S3 so in a way I still bought mods, but its the fun daily driver mod hehe. I think the S3 will probably get new parts before the S2000 does.
I'm doing well. Recently switched jobs so just been doing maintenance on the S. I need to stop with the unnecessary mods and save some more. I thought you would buy a tank with the new addition to the family. I think you should just keep the CR the way it is now. Just drive it for fun and you're golden. Yes, go and mod the S3. Leave the CR alone.
Old 06-09-2016, 05:56 AM

Originally Posted by Kenny_Stang
I've loved your photos and car from the very beginning, love the tasteful mods and especially the wheels. I've just recently acquired a DSLR (Canon Rebel T5i) and would love to hear any tips you have for a beginner, especially when it comes to taking pictures of vehicles. I love photography but mostly have only had either my iPhone or point-shoot style cameras, so the world of lenses, apertures, exposures, and ISO levels is a little bit overwhelming. LOL
Thank you. I've tried to keep the car simple with only a couple good quality parts where they make the most impact on the cars performance.

I would be happy to help you get started with your DSLR. I would say first step is put the camera in manual mode and start taking lots and lots of pictures and adjust the shutter, aperture, and ISO. Take note of the difference in the image and start learning how these adjustments change your image. As you are doing this, its good to have a book or online resource (photography for dummies if you will) and learn the basics. Learn how to use the camera because it is a tool. Once you understand how the camera works and how to make it do what you want, then its time to learn about composition and how to "see".

Please feel free to send me a PM with specific questions and I can go more in depth there.
Old 06-09-2016, 05:59 AM

Originally Posted by TW00Si
Originally Posted by adrs2k' timestamp='1465305270' post='23986931
[quote name='TW00Si' timestamp='1465254282' post='23986512']
So money. Every time I see pictures of your car, I wish I had kept my S closer to stock/OEM.
Thanks, I hope all is well with you! I had plans for the car this year and had the money set aside for a bunch of mods and even bought some new stuff (I ended up selling the parts). I decided for now, less is more and I did not want to mod just to mod. The car is pretty much perfect right now and the only things I want or need would be for if I was tracking regularly, which I am not. Maybe down the road when my schedule frees up I might buy some new stuff for the car, but for now, I am happy with it as is and I have no desire to mod. I ended up taking my S2000 mod money and used it to buy the S3 so in a way I still bought mods, but its the fun daily driver mod hehe. I think the S3 will probably get new parts before the S2000 does.
I'm doing well. Recently switched jobs so just been doing maintenance on the S. I need to stop with the unnecessary mods and save some more. I thought you would buy a tank with the new addition to the family. I think you should just keep the CR the way it is now. Just drive it for fun and you're golden. Yes, go and mod the S3. Leave the CR alone.
[/quote]

Congrats on the new job! Maintenance only plans aren't a bad way to go either. Aside from my clear bra I have been in a maintenance only mode for the past year. Just driving, photographing, and enjoying the car.

I have the Jeep Grand Cherokee that is now the wife's car. So that is my "tank"

That is my plan, keep the CR as is, unless I find myself tracking again frequently in the next couple of years and modify the Audi just a little bit (intake, tune, rear swaybar).
Old 06-09-2016, 06:40 AM

Received 177 Likes on 125 Posts

Very nice pictures! I wish I had the time to take some nice shots of my car but I'll settle for looking at yours.

If your girl is 11 months old all I'll say is it only gets better. My daughter is just over 2 yrs old and she's a joy but also a ton of work. Maybe you're blessed with an easy first child and good eater (it makes all the difference in the world). We also have an 8 month old boy who's an easy and great kid, but I'll say 2 is exponentially more work so be careful.
Old 06-09-2016, 08:00 AM

Received 67 Likes on 48 Posts

Had no idea u did a clearbra!!

Looks like your guy did a great job! I really miss my CR.
Old 06-09-2016, 08:36 AM

Received 53 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by blueprint

You ready to sell that GT4 yet so you can get one again?
Old 06-10-2016, 09:07 AM

Received 67 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by King Tut
Originally Posted by blueprint' timestamp='1465488027' post='23989154

Hell would freeze before i sell my GT4 for anything.
Old 06-10-2016, 03:29 PM

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by blueprint
Originally Posted by King Tut' timestamp='1465490176' post='23989173
[quote name='blueprint' timestamp='1465488027' post='23989154']

Hell would freeze before i sell my GT4 for anything.
[/quote]

What about a 918?!

Quick Reply: Adrs2k's Timeline - 2008 Apex Blue Pearl Club Racer +