Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

AE_Racer's AP1.9. Yellow intensive.

Old 10-12-2015, 09:07 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by RAizzle
Nice pickup. I have the same exact car, same color and everything. I got it new and put 130k miles on it without a single problem. You'll be really happy with it. I lowered it on swift spec R's though and it definitely makes a huge difference visually.
Thanks! Have any pics? Ive always been weary of lowering springs because it seems most springs/cars sit weird instead of even.
Old 10-12-2015, 09:51 AM

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

I had an 07 NHBP fa5 for 4 years and traded her in for my S, car never gave me a single problem aside from my starter going bad at around 80k. Heres a snap of her:
enjoy the new daily
Old 10-12-2015, 03:19 PM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by AE_Racer
Originally Posted by RAizzle' timestamp='1444664902' post='23773107
Nice pickup. I have the same exact car, same color and everything. I got it new and put 130k miles on it without a single problem. You'll be really happy with it. I lowered it on swift spec R's though and it definitely makes a huge difference visually.
Thanks! Have any pics? Ive always been weary of lowering springs because it seems most springs/cars sit weird instead of even.
Sorry for the crappy photo. This is how it sits.

Old 10-12-2015, 05:13 PM

Nice! That looks great, thanks.
Old 10-13-2015, 02:09 PM
Community Organizer

Received 217 Likes on 138 Posts

Did you ever get the compliance bushing out? I used a crap load of PB blaster and an air chisel to get mine out, it was just as stuck as yours. I would order new sleeves and bolts anyways for all the control arms, as they tend to stretch over time. You're going to end up ruining the ones for the compliance bushing anyway.
Old 10-14-2015, 03:36 AM

Originally Posted by Ricky_Flowers_
Did you ever get the compliance bushing out? I used a crap load of PB blaster and an air chisel to get mine out, it was just as stuck as yours. I would order new sleeves and bolts anyways for all the control arms, as they tend to stretch over time. You're going to end up ruining the ones for the compliance bushing anyway.
My passenger side came out of the car with little effort. I just spun the bolt/bushing back and forth and it finally broke loose inside.

The driver was another story.. I probably had 8 hours into that thing trying different things to wedge in and keep it from spinning, to soaking with pb blaster, heating with a torch, etc.. I finally borrowed a sawzall and cut it out.. A local had replaced his before and kept the old bolts so I got one of those from him and slapped it all back together with some anti sieze.

They were easy as pie to press out.
Old 10-15-2015, 09:45 AM
Community Organizer

Received 217 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by AE_Racer
Originally Posted by Ricky_Flowers_' timestamp='1444774197' post='23774619
My passenger side came out of the car with little effort. I just spun the bolt/bushing back and forth and it finally broke loose inside.

The driver was another story.. I probably had 8 hours into that thing trying different things to wedge in and keep it from spinning, to soaking with pb blaster, heating with a torch, etc.. I finally borrowed a sawzall and cut it out.. A local had replaced his before and kept the old bolts so I got one of those from him and slapped it all back together with some anti sieze.

They were easy as pie to press out.
Yeah, everyone thinks the pressing is the hard part, haha. Took me a few hours to get one side out, the other was fine lol.
Old 12-02-2015, 04:41 AM

Nothing much to update here really. Last I had driven the car was early October. I went out a few weeks ago to find my battery dead.. Took it in to be charged/tested and after only a year my Optima yellow top was done

I still haven't got the car aligned since throwing the Hipermax IV's on, I wanted to be sure my tire/wheel setup would clear the fenders first.. I trimmed the inner lip down over the weekend and drove it yesterday to make sure and it seems they clear fine now. For some reason the driver side has never been an issue but the pass side was getting chewed up will be a pretty easy fix when the paint and body work is done

Horrible pictures but I borrowed a dremel, taped off an edge and went to town..

This was the first cut. I put the wheel back on and you can see if the wheel/suspension were to be compressed it would touch there

Attachment 175845

So back off with the wheel and another trim.

Attachment 175846

Nothing like cutting up $1300 worth of fiberglass..

Oh, I also pulled out the Recaro. With my height and lanky-ness, I found it was sorta discouraging me from wanting to drive the car.. Yes the seat is great to sit in and drive with but getting in and out of it is a process, I don't know how people daily with full buckets. I have posted the seat for sale/trade but I won't be disappointed if it stays around..

At the same time I went back to black carpet, since the picture ive got new floor mats. You can also see the blue stitched Personal wheel installed here.

AE_Racer's AP1.9. Yellow intensive.-ophuqxm.jpg

I'm still recovering from buying the house but hopefully after the first of the year I can grab a new CFRP J's Type S bumper to get this thing done.
Old 12-15-2015, 11:56 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

^^i completely understand how you feel about cutting fenders. Trimmed a good bit off of my Downforce fenders. Looking forward to see more updates!
Old 12-15-2015, 02:21 PM

Thanks. Itll get there, slowly. Need a 3rd job

Quick Reply: AE_Racer's AP1.9. Yellow intensive.