Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

ALBERTS2K Build

Old 12-27-2017, 05:35 AM
Community Organizer

Received 217 Likes on 138 Posts

Man I love this thing. All it needs are some big brakes and its done.
Old 12-27-2017, 07:25 AM

Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts

Subbed! Such a unique build!
Old 12-28-2017, 08:04 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

Car looks fantastic!
Old 12-28-2017, 01:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Love everything about this build, clean execution
Old 12-31-2017, 08:47 AM

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by ripper0306
Perfect build !
Thanks, although in it's current state it's far from perfect.

Originally Posted by Ricky_Flowers_
Man I love this thing. All it needs are some big brakes and its done.
Got much love for yours as well man. BBK's are on the way. A few more exterior things I’d like to address for it to consider it complete; that is only if I can get a hold on the damn thing. Performance wise, eh far from done.

Originally Posted by manystyles
Subbed! Such a unique build!
Thank you sir! Major updates on the way so stay tuned. It hasn't reached its full uniqueness factor yet.

Originally Posted by jaor.s2k
Car looks fantastic!
Originally Posted by PhoPoweR
Love everything about this build, clean execution
Thanks guys, appreciate it

Last edited by ALBERTS2K; 12-31-2017 at 09:35 AM.
Old 01-01-2019, 05:15 PM

Need to sit down and type up some current updates... But Instagram is so much more convenient...

Last edited by ALBERTS2K; 01-01-2019 at 05:23 PM.
Old 01-01-2019, 05:46 PM

Received 418 Likes on 318 Posts

You best update correctly. Been over a year!

My favorite stateside S2000 right now.
Old 01-04-2019, 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by TsukubaCody
You best update correctly. Been over a year!

My favorite stateside S2000 right now.
Haha, yeah it's been a minute! An update is due indeed. Will post it up soon sometime in the coming weeks.
Old 01-06-2019, 08:19 AM

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts

Such a fantastic car. Look forward to more updates. Subbed
Old 01-09-2019, 10:08 AM

Feb-July 2018

Update time. For the past year I focused on minor maintenance upgrades, a few exterior alterations, and just enjoying the car.

OEM Tensioner, Idle, & Toda Pulley
Pulley was slipping so thought I replace with the whole ordeal. With 140k miles, it was time for a refreshment.

Ballade Sports TCT & OEM gaskets

In dire need of a replacement.

Mugen Oil Pan

Going to try to track the car a little more this year in 2019, so for preventative measure.

OEM shifter spring & CG Amis shift collar

Really satisfied with this minor upgrade, as the change is noticeably felt compared to the worn out ball and spring. Shifting is more engaged and mechanical felt. The C's short shifter was installed, but shortly took it off as tilts a little to the right as it's for RHD. I can get used to it, but would rather not. Surprised how shorter the shifting is compared to our already short shift throws as is. I'd say the C's shifter is about 20-25% shorter.

Polished Tow Hook

Bling bling.

Self custom made Carbon Fiber Front Canards

I had been toying with the notion of making canards, as having alittle more downforce in the front would be ideal, so I jumped into it. I wanted canards that don't look out of place and seems like it's made for the bumper. So I used the shape of the front splitter to make the canards, in which will flow together as a unit. So to start off as preliminary canard, I used with what I have alot of; Amazon boxes lol. Here I traced the shape of the front splitter.

From here, there was a lot of back and forth altering of the canard, measuring, and getting the inner part of the canards to be as flush with the curvature of the bumper as possible.

Here you can see how the shape of the canards perfectly match the splitter.

Canard is pretty flush to the bumper.

After a few attempts of ordering carbon fiber sample swatches and a whole cf sheet, I was finally able to source a custom carbon fiber manufacture that I was satisfied with the quality of the cf material. They do different variety of weaves, and I chose 1x1, of course.

As of now, The canards are complete, but not installed on the car. Been having 2nd thought about making holes in the bumper. I might do a larger splitter instead, as it's more efficient for front downforce, and if I decide to get more serious in doing more track time.

Paint removal of hood
Bumpers with intake vents such as Mugen, J's racing; the contrast of a cf hood balance out the asymmetrical view of the front. I've been always in favor of this look. So I decided to strip the paint myself. If you have any painted cf material that you would like to show off, here's the way: Carbolift. In total, I had used a total of 4 bottles (1 500ml bottle each), as the first two attempts, the material wasn't eating away the paint like it should be. So they sent me two more bottles free of charge as they stand by their product. Awesome customer service overall.

Results:

Coverite Car Cover (big wing friendly)

If you're running a big wing, and want car cover that fits? Here you go. Coverite designed by CoverLand Co. is a US company, although I couldn't find this particular model here in the states. S2k owners in Japan tend to go with this particular Coverite model cover as it fits well with wings larger than OEM. I store my car indoors, as this car cover is water proof. This cover would be pretty useful if you store your S outside.

The specific model is CL-19, where it will definitely fit wings 1700mm or less, as I'm running 1700mm.

The fabric has 5 layers of protection. You can definitely tell when feeling the fabric, that it will keep your car safe against any nasty weather, although i'm not too sure about hail or floods.

Does'nt fully cover up the rear with 275mm wing stands.

Has 2 straps on the sides, to firmly hold the cover in place against the body of the car.

Thats it for this week. Still got a few more updates to go to be caught with the current status of the car.

Last edited by ALBERTS2K; 01-10-2019 at 05:45 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Cpt. Spock (01-13-2019)

Quick Reply: ALBERTS2K Build