Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

Checkerd Sports AP2 Daily Driver

Old 11-03-2014, 05:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Checkerd Sports AP2 Daily Driver

Started browsing this forum a little more, figured I'd start posting my build on here.

Bought this car around January 2014, was supposed to just be a daily driver, Took me a while to find a good one, I'm very picky. Found this one in Las Vegas, two owners before me; 1st Lady owned it most of it's life, 2nd owner bought it and wanted to drive it but I guess never had time and collected dust in the garage, when I flew down to drive it home he didn't even know it had Bilstein suspension on it till I told him.

The problem with building this car is it's holding back my tube car project, but it's was so hard to keep it stock. I didn't take many pictures of the build but heres what I got (shitty cell pics).

Here's what it looked like when I got it

About 3 weeks later I got the itch and the stripping process started.
AC- OUT
HEATER- OUT
WIRES NOT NEEDED- OUT
ALL CONVERTIBLE PARTS- OUT
CC- OUT
TRUNK- CUT OUT

Picked up a Double CF Hardtop

Old 11-03-2014, 05:14 PM

Since I had just sold my k20 EG4, I no longer had a track car, so I figured now this S2k build will have to be my new track car.

My old EG4

At Laguna Seca

With that being said I started getting more serious about losing weight on this S2000. I started to remove everything I didn't need, down to wires.

Recaro SPG installed with Buddy Club seat rails. Took me a while to adjust the rails so the seat didn't hit the door panel. Guess it's a common problem on these?

Installed a 6pt OMP 3" harness, my favorite harness of all. While installing it I realized I had literally stripped everything out and forgot about the factory hoops, need to get on the roll bar ASAP!. In the meanwhile I made a temporary harness bar.

Old 11-03-2014, 05:28 PM

I didn't want to relocate the battery, but I wanted to shave some weight on that heavy ass stock battery. Solution, I made a Checkerd Sports PC680 aluminum bracket to bolt in to the factory location.

Pickles

Couple months later I had container coming in with my DC5 for the engine donor of the tube car project so I decided to buy a few CE28s in Japan.
PLEASE don't ask me if I will import you any cars or about registration, we don't do that.

17x9 +35
17x9.5 +15 This set I really wanted to put on, but was waiting on fender flares, always wanted a big lip, concave bronze set of CE28s and finally found a good one.

Rocked the +35 for a few days and ended up selling them, since I wasn't going to keep them anyway.
Old 11-03-2014, 05:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice what's the weight at right now? Future plans? Keeping it na?
Old 11-03-2014, 05:42 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice progress! I'm surprised that you don't have a Checkered Sports shift knob this yet.
Old 11-03-2014, 05:45 PM

Haven't weighed it yet, Been super busy and still not even close to where I want to be yet. Engine will stay stock, just intake, exhaust, Kpro probably, and small things.

Originally Posted by siik_ap2
Nice what's the weight at right now? Future plans? Keeping it na?
Old 11-03-2014, 05:46 PM

Not in those pics, still finding pics on my phone and uploading them. If you follow me on IG you've already seen lots of these. The SS shift knob made a huge difference with the weight.

Originally Posted by vr0om
Nice progress! I'm surprised that you don't have a Checkered Sports shift knob this yet.
Old 11-03-2014, 05:53 PM

Yeah I follow on ig. Been thinking about those diff mounts. Maybe xmas gift to myself lol
Old 11-03-2014, 05:59 PM

This is what the interior looks like, found the picture.

OMP/ Checkerd Sports Limited wheel
Checkerd Sports SS Knob
Checkerd Sports Hub

Added another Recaro and another 6 point belt for passenger.

Old 11-03-2014, 06:04 PM

Plan on any aero? How much lighter is your steering hub vs nrg quick release setup

Quick Reply: Checkerd Sports AP2 Daily Driver