Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

ClemsonWill's 2nd S2000 build

Old 05-23-2019, 02:33 PM

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

The car is coming along great! I haven't seen it in a while, but I stumbled across this thread and a lot has changed! Looking better and better all the time.
Old 10-16-2019, 01:13 PM

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

It's been so long since I have updated this thread. Here are some pictures with my track wheels and tires. Hopefully, I will get a chance to break them in soon.

Old 10-18-2019, 03:33 AM

Received 193 Likes on 130 Posts

Hows the fit on the Pole Position? (Whats your measurements?) I want to pick one up but don't think ill fit. (6', 215lbs, 34 waist athletic-ish build)
Old 10-18-2019, 06:03 AM

Originally Posted by Spoon Fed
Hows the fit on the Pole Position? (Whats your measurements?) I want to pick one up but don't think ill fit. (6', 215lbs, 34 waist athletic-ish build)
I'm 6'0, 210, with 34" waist. So basically the same size and build. The Pole Position took me some time to get it adjusted where I wanted it. I wanted the seat as low as possible. It won't go back all the way to the wall but there is plenty of leg room. I don't even have it all the way back as far as it will go. The PP is a great fit in the hips and waist. I'm never uncomfortable there. My only issue is with the shoulders. I wish they were a little wider. I was also looking at a couple of Sparco seats. Let me know if you try something different. I'm not completely sold on the Recaro.
Old 10-18-2019, 12:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

very nice build bud I always enjoy follow builds going same path as mine. reminds me I need to do a build thread.....
Old 10-19-2019, 06:24 AM

Originally Posted by ClemsonWill
I'm 6'0, 210, with 34" waist. So basically the same size and build. The Pole Position took me some time to get it adjusted where I wanted it. I wanted the seat as low as possible. It won't go back all the way to the wall but there is plenty of leg room. I don't even have it all the way back as far as it will go. The PP is a great fit in the hips and waist. I'm never uncomfortable there. My only issue is with the shoulders. I wish they were a little wider. I was also looking at a couple of Sparco seats. Let me know if you try something different. I'm not completely sold on the Recaro.

Oh wow ok thats great. Nice to know you're close in measurements. I always find the back/shoulders are the issue with bucket seats.

You say you're not sold on the Recaro, are you not happy with the quality or just the fit?
Old 10-19-2019, 06:25 AM

Originally Posted by fincher1
very nice build bud I always enjoy follow builds going same path as mine. reminds me I need to do a build thread.....
Yes man! Please post! The more threads the merrier !
Old 10-20-2019, 03:42 AM

Originally Posted by Spoon Fed
Oh wow ok thats great. Nice to know you're close in measurements. I always find the back/shoulders are the issue with bucket seats.

You say you're not sold on the Recaro, are you not happy with the quality or just the fit?
No, it's not the quality. Recarro quality seems top notch. It's just the fit in the shoulders that I'm not sold on. But I knew that it could be an issue going in. I was also considering the Sparco QRT-R.
Old 10-20-2019, 03:44 AM

Originally Posted by fincher1
Thanks! It's coming along. You should definitely start a build thread. Even after I have moved on from a car, it's fun to go back and look through the build.
Old 10-26-2019, 05:32 PM

V8r Stoptech BBK installed. I had a bit of an issue with one of the caliper brackets. V8r was awesome. They send me out a whole new set the very next day with no questions asked.

Quick Reply: ClemsonWill's 2nd S2000 build