Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

delete

Old 11-25-2010, 05:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't let you parents down, they obviously think pretty highly of you. Nice car for sure, but don't be stupid with it.

-Matt
Old 11-25-2010, 05:49 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Nice looking car. Hopefully it comes back just as good.

And all I got for graduation were my student loan balances that needed to be paid.....haha
Old 11-25-2010, 05:53 PM

You got a car because of your efforts in school... JFC. Glad you're ok and try to be more careful out there when you get it back.
Straight A's in AP courses all the way through high school were the criteria. My parents were willing to get one for me a year ago because it had been my dream car since they came out in 2000 and it was going out of production. They wanted me in a new car w/ warranty, so that's how I ended up with a 2009.

S2K is pretty nice, as well. CE28's o.k. in the accident?
Yeah, the CE28's were untouched . Only the front bumper and radiator support were damaged.

More pics of the F40 please. Looks like next mod should be the driver.
PM me if you'd like a link to some pics of the F40.

I have four years of kart racing experience so I do know at least a thing or two about car control (not that you can't always learn much more, and I a lot left to learn as do 99% of people on this forum I'm sure). Unfortunately a combination of being tired late at night and failing to notice the outside conditions (both temp and the oily patch of road that I hit) led to the accident.

Anyway I am hoping to do some autocross with the car when I get it back, and I'm most likely going to enjoy the car without further modification for the foreseeable future.
Old 11-25-2010, 06:11 PM

hahah every time i got all A's in high school my parents would pay for me to go eat at mcdonalds lol

i cant believe your pops has an F40, most people are lucky to just see one of those in real life! I have to ask, what other cars are in his collection? Anyway, keep up the good work, most of the people i know that come from wealthy families arent motivated in the least so keep it up man! hopefully the s will be back on the roads soon
Old 11-25-2010, 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by sebringsilvers2000,Nov 25 2010, 08:11 PM
hahah every time i got all A's in high school my parents would pay for me to go eat at mcdonalds lol

i cant believe your pops has an F40, most people are lucky to just see one of those in real life! I have to ask, what other cars are in his collection? Anyway, keep up the good work, most of the people i know that come from wealthy families arent motivated in the least so keep it up man! hopefully the s will be back on the roads soon
He just has the F40 right now, he buys and sells classic Italian cars as a source of income as well as helping others find good condition examples or find a buyer for their own for commission.
Old 11-25-2010, 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by Swift GT,Nov 25 2010, 06:53 PM
I have four years of kart racing experience so I do know at least a thing or two about car control (not that you can't always learn much more, and I a lot left to learn as do 99% of people on this forum I'm sure). Unfortunately a combination of being tired late at night and failing to notice the outside conditions (both temp and the oily patch of road that I hit) led to the accident.
I'd just like to say that while karting does a lot for your instincts as a driver, it's not a direct substitute for actual experience behind the wheel of a real car.

Old 11-25-2010, 07:10 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Did your rents pay for the mods also? must be nice lol
clean car man love your taste!
Old 11-25-2010, 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by justind,Nov 25 2010, 08:10 PM
Did your rents pay for the mods also? must be nice lol
clean car man love your taste!
Correction, room mates.

Nice car tho, so you're the one that took the "F22C" plate!
Old 11-25-2010, 07:23 PM

I did the same thing in a rainstorm, spun out on the highway at 70 mph. I'm much more careful when driving at the limit now. My car is pretty much stock and I probably don't have the same level of emotional investment that you do. Nevertheless, I still wish it was Gran Turismo and I could just hit the "reset" button. Thanksgiving, give thanks that you weren't driving million dollars F40!
Old 11-25-2010, 07:33 PM
EOE

Received 62 Likes on 55 Posts

I have your stock suspension. Thx! Sorry to hear about the crash your car looks so good. Make sure you tell them to blend the paint or you'll end up like me with 2 tone ride. F-ing insurance and body shops. Can't trust them.

Tell them over and over.

Quick Reply: delete