Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

Fernando's S2000 // Daily Driven Build Thread

Old 01-25-2015, 12:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That seat looks sooo good, great choice.

How would you say the lower back support is compared to the stock seat?
Old 01-25-2015, 01:31 PM

Received 158 Likes on 121 Posts

Originally Posted by superbrand0n
It looks awesome dude! The leather PP would've been a great choice too. That's what I have and I think it flows nicely if you have a sock passenger seat. Nonetheless, props to you good sir.
Thanks man! While matching seats would've been ideal, I'm more than happy with this.

Originally Posted by LeMoose
That seat looks sooo good, great choice.

How would you say the lower back support is compared to the stock seat?
Thank you!

I haven't actually driven for more than 2 minutes in the car since it's winter here and my car is in storage, but from the just sitting in the seat my lower back feels like it has more support. Since it's a bucket seat the seat is like a "bowl" so it hugs your whole back, where as a reclineable seat is split so it's like an "L" and your lower back won't be supported as much since the seat as to be able to recline.
Old 01-25-2015, 09:36 PM

I'm gonna have to stop by a recaro dealer and test sit one of these, so I can convince myself I really do need one lol.
Old 01-26-2015, 08:32 AM

Do it! I actually snuck the car out for a drive in my area today (15 minutes or so) and the seat felt amazing. My only niggle now is how far the steering wheel is from me, so I've ordered a Spacro spacer to stick between the hub and quick release.

I'm seriously debating selling these wheels and going for a square set of RPF1's in silver, I've had these wheels for 3 years now and I kind of want a change/something more aggressive since I'm past the point of caring about rolled fenders.

Is it spring yet?

Racecar
by fernando.k, on Flickr
Old 01-26-2015, 12:41 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by fernando.
Do it! I actually snuck the car out for a drive in my area today (15 minutes or so) and the seat felt amazing. My only niggle now is how far the steering wheel is from me, so I've ordered a Spacro spacer to stick between the hub and quick release.

I'm seriously debating selling these wheels and going for a square set of RPF1's in silver, I've had these wheels for 3 years now and I kind of want a change/something more aggressive since I'm past the point of caring about rolled fenders.

Is it spring yet?

Racecar
by fernando.k, on Flickr
i really like this photo, lol. congrats on the seat, i know you've been looking for one for a while. i love my pole positions, i tell everyone its one of the best mods ive done to my car
Old 01-26-2015, 04:14 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

Fernando's S2000 // Daily Driven Build Thread-ljszab8.gif

^^he is talking about me

I want that seat so bad haha
Old 02-01-2015, 10:15 PM

We have a similar story! I too came from a integra that I built from the ground up but regret selling. Oh we'll if it wasn't for that I wouldn't have my S! Your car is super clean btw! Hopefully I can make mine as clean.
Old 02-02-2015, 03:57 AM

Fernando, sorry this could be a bit irrelevant on this context but is the Recaro Pole Pos comfortable for every day, or long trip driving?
I did 7 hours trip last week on the stock seats and I was VERY comfortable.

Just wondering if you can have the best of the both worlds with Recaro as obviously it is a more track
orientated solution..

Cheers!
Old 02-02-2015, 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by S2KWALT
i really like this photo, lol. congrats on the seat, i know you've been looking for one for a while. i love my pole positions, i tell everyone its one of the best mods ive done to my car
Thanks man! Yeah so far it's pretty legit!

Originally Posted by jaor.s2k
^^he is talking about me

I want that seat so bad haha

I love it.

Originally Posted by Tom2k
We have a similar story! I too came from a integra that I built from the ground up but regret selling. Oh we'll if it wasn't for that I wouldn't have my S! Your car is super clean btw! Hopefully I can make mine as clean.
Thanks dude!

It's all about baby steps, it's taken me almost 4 years to get the car to where I envisioned it and I'm still not done. Quality over quantity my friend.

Originally Posted by not4s4l3
Fernando, sorry this could be a bit irrelevant on this context but is the Recaro Pole Pos comfortable for every day, or long trip driving?
I did 7 hours trip last week on the stock seats and I was VERY comfortable.

Just wondering if you can have the best of the both worlds with Recaro as obviously it is a more track
orientated solution..

Cheers!
Like I've mentioned in some previous posts, I really haven't had the change to spend more than 15 minutes in this seat since it's winter and my car is in storage. I'll definitely have more feedback once spring is here and I'm driving the car again.

I actually ended up buying a 2" Sparco steering wheel spacer because I felt like the wheel was too far away. After installing it the wheel was WAY too close and the indicator stalks were way too far away, I'll try to sell this one and look for a 1/2" or 1" spacer instead. In the meantime I pulled my seat one notch closer and it seems to feel better.

Name:  IMG_8900_zpswre3vini.jpg
Views: 346
Size:  75.2 KB
Old 02-02-2015, 12:26 PM

Received 49 Likes on 36 Posts

The other thing that blows about the sparco spacer is the horn button doesn't fit right....or at all for that matter. I ended up adding a 10mm works bell spacer which is all I needed to make it all work.

See my epic long hub setup. You get used to the stalks being farther away and its no big deal.

Quick Reply: Fernando's S2000 // Daily Driven Build Thread