Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

Freddy's Spa Yellow S2000

Old 02-26-2020, 08:57 AM

Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Feezy
It looks like your wheel set up is decently aggressive up front. I just scrolled up and read that you're running a 17x9.5 +45 all around, personally I'm running a 17x9.5 +47 with a 255 RS4 and have no problems clearing the front fenders. I did this by running the Origin Fabrication offset bushings. They pull the upper control arms in about 8mm. So the top of the wheel is pulled under the fender, and you can dial out the additional camber with the OEM adjustments. Really the only downsides are the least amount of camber you can get in the front is -1.5 and you wont be able to run a high offset wheel up front without it rubbing on the inside of the car.

I recommend for everyone who is running a wheel set up similar to this to give the bushings a shot. They are hands down the best solution to this problem, and it pulls in the front wheel enough that a non-staggered set up looks at home on an S2000 instead of the front wheel bulging past/against the fender. I don't want to blow up your build thread with a ton of pictures of my car but here is a picture with a before and after of the bushing install and how it changed the wheel fitment. If you want to see more pictures from other angles check out my thread.
I have considered these bushings before, but I thought I could get away with -2.5 degrees of camber all around. How the car sits right now is good enough where the tires just touch the fender lip at full lock, full load going up a curb. I think I'm just going to have to give up on lowering the car more than what it is since I'm also planning on going to the track and don't wan to run up into clearances issues there as well.

Last edited by freddydela; 02-26-2020 at 09:02 AM.
Old 02-26-2020, 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by Feezy
I see this with these lips fairly often, they are polyurethane and don't really have any places where the lip mounts against the vertical plane of the bumper. It's a similar problem that most of the replica OEM AP1 lips have. I would try and add some 3M tape to the flat portions that tuck into the faux vents, and then try and figure out a way to support the center.
I added double sided 3M tape on those areas that you pointed out. The main issue is the lip mounts fine on the vertical plane of the bumper, drive side, but on the passenger side, there is full 1.5in gap that I can't seem to have the lip come up, which is throwing the fitment off imo. I think it needs some shaving.

Last edited by freddydela; 02-26-2020 at 09:03 AM.
Old 04-05-2020, 10:04 PM

Really loving how the exterior of the car is turning out. Over the last month I were able to get down and finish up the bulk of the things I wanted done for the Spring.

Ceramic coated the car and wheels with Gtechnic CSL and EXOv4

Lined up the front lip

Dropped the car about 1/4 inch in the back, and 1/8 inch in the front.

Flushed drivetrain and brake fluids

I was really disappointed that I couldn't make my appointment with @Billman250 due to COVID19. I really wanted to get down to the bottom of this motor burning so much oil... The car runs great and all, but I'm having to top off even more frequently than before. I'm starting to come to peace with the idea of buying a mid mileage F22c and sell my current engine for enough to pay for the labor and maybe the clutch parts while everything is apart. If any of you guys have experience dealing with this type of stuff I would appreciate it much.
Old 06-22-2020, 07:32 PM

Update,

To keep it brief, I'm finally seen the light at the end of the tunnel...

JDM F20C - Billman250 looked at the engine and cylinder 1 is badly scored. I were originally looking to swap in F22C in because of their reliability track record. I almost purchased an engine from one forum member but the leak down numbers didn't comeback good. He encourage me to look at all my options and I just happened to come across this engine. I really wanted to avoid the F20C1, but for this I can make an exception.

RSG OEM Style Hardtop - My softop was in bad shape and I were planning on replacing it for a while, but the opportunity presented itself and worked with Justin from RSG to especial order this top. The fitment is about what you would expect from an aftermarket. Out the box it creeks on chilly to cold weather, it sits a little high on the rear and it has a glue smell when it sits under the sun. The smell has been wearing off, but definitely something to be aware.

Other than that, I have just been enjoying the car as much as I can. Hanging out with the local S2k community and attending meets. I'm really excited since tracking the car has always been at the top of the bucket list since I got the car, and the engine impeded that, but I should be starting the swap this very week.

Last edited by freddydela; 10-11-2020 at 05:27 AM.
Old 06-23-2020, 02:46 AM

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Car looks very nice. The car color, wheels, smoked lights, and lip all seem to fit together very nicely. I normally am not a fan of that lip but it looks really good on your ride.

Did you buff the car before doing the ceramic coating? I am thinking about doing mine this summer but there are some swirls that probably need to be taken out first.
Old 06-23-2020, 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by MAVTS2k
Car looks very nice. The car color, wheels, smoked lights, and lip all seem to fit together very nicely. I normally am not a fan of that lip but it looks really good on your ride.

Did you buff the car before doing the ceramic coating? I am thinking about doing mine this summer but there are some swirls that probably need to be taken out first.
I did buff the car to get the paint dialed for CC. On our soft paint I would suggest M205 on a medium pad and it will do the trick.
Old 09-02-2020, 07:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice build.

What type of seal did you use for the lip?

The oem lip seal has been discontinued by Honda which I think was just a t shape. Like you mentioned the lip butts right up against the flat surface of the bar so not sure which shape of seal will work the best. Yours looks like it’s hit the spot though.
Old 09-03-2020, 06:07 PM

Received 193 Likes on 130 Posts

Car is looking good man! Great build page too.
Old 09-14-2020, 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by I301
Nice build.

What type of seal did you use for the lip?

The oem lip seal has been discontinued by Honda which I think was just a t shape. Like you mentioned the lip butts right up against the flat surface of the bar so not sure which shape of seal will work the best. Yours looks like it’s hit the spot though.
Trying looking on your local dealer or maybe online. I used that lip seal that is a T shape and it attaches on the edges of the lip decently.
Old 09-14-2020, 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by Spoon Fed
Car is looking good man! Great build page too.
Thank! I draw inspiration from the members of this board and you're one of them.

Quick Reply: Freddy's Spa Yellow S2000