Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

Journey into the S

Old 10-07-2014, 06:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Journey into the S

10-03-2014

Bought my car BADASS 06 AP2 GPW
Came with Koni Yellow Rears in the trunk

10-05-2014

Maintenance

- Fixed loose Power Outlet

Spent more damn time trying to get this Napoleon Dynamite pen out of the nook next the the passenger seat rail nearest to console.

Broadway Mirror 9 inch Convex

10-06-2014

OEM OIL FILTER + CRUSH WASHER
Swift Spec R Springs

10-07-2014

MAINTENANCE

117,444 miles

- Adjusted Valves and Replace Spark Plugs
- Replaced Valve Cover Gasket and Grommets

Billman Generation-X lifetime modified TCT
Koni Front Shocks

Castrol Edge Plus Titanium 5w-30
Castrol/Syntrax Limited Slip Gear Oil SAW 75w-90
Rain X All Season Washer Fluid
Chevron Techron Fuel Additive
OES GENUINE Honda M/T FLUID - 3 QTY
OES GENUINE Honda COOLANT/ANTIFREEZE - 2 QTY
OEM Honda Cabin Filter
Sixity Bracketless Windshield Wiper Blade

I am pretty much still waiting on parts to arrive in the mail. Parts I take a picture of will have already been in my possession so everything else is in transit. Patience grasshopper, patience.

One of my dash bulbs is out too, no time to research that today.

10-08-2014

Maintenance

- Resurfaced front rotors due to (slap job by P.O. - Putting New Pads on without Resurfacing Rotors) Symptom was annoying embarrassing squeak coming to a stop anywhere.

I thank my friend/mechanic... let's call him RICEMASTER

I took the opportunity to take off the front license plate bracket and go ahead and plug the holes. The right side that accepts screws almost fell in but luckily it was saved. Planned to order the plug but luckily they were in the boot.

As the S sits after work Gotta get some crush washers to do my Differential and M/T (when it arrives).

10-09-2014

Muahahahahaha was told that that the Honda Coolant I ordered from carparts.com was cancelled and refunded. I don't know how the numbers work but I scored 3 bottles of Honda M/T Fluid for $13 and some change. WHICH BY THE WAY I AM IMPRESSED BECAUSE IT ARRIVED TODAY AND THEY WERE IN ILLINOIS!

Bought one Quart of Castrol Edge with Titanium 5w-30 just in case because I read online that some people had to use more to get to the full line.

Went down to the local Acura store and picked up Transmission crush washers for Fill/Drain and Acura Type 2 Coolant (SAMETHING AS HONDA).

Also went ahead and bought myself a 301 Mechanics Tool Kit from Harbor Freight. I got tired of the smaller versions that had a really bad case (I am sure this one is bad, but it holds things waaaay more securely because of the trays). FYI it fits perfectly in the space in the middle of the trunk. if you remove the tools I am sure you could fit even more.

http://www.harborfreight.com/profess...kit-45951.html

Copped it for about $173.xx using a 20% Coupon and got a bag of free 8" Ties with it

Broadway 240mm Mirror (which is approximately 9.44882 inches) came in today as well. It is the Convex Version.

10-10-2014

Maintenance

- Replaced TCT with Billman250's GenX TCT
- Cabin Air Filter Replaced

Today a vast majority of parts arrived shown below! Billman250 GenX TCT, Honda Cabin Air Filter, and Swift Spec R Springs. I also went ahead and bought a Gear Fluid Pump tool to help me get M/T Fluid into the transmission. It fits Quart Bottle Thread so its convenient.

Link to it is here:

http://www.harborfreight.com/gear-oi...ump-61746.html

Bought it with yet another %20 off and got a free magnetic bolt/part holder, and 12 pack of microfiber cloths.

OLD TCT

New GenX TCT

Old vs New Cabin Air Filter

Showcasing my Harbor Freight 301 Mechanic Tool Set (F*cking handle broke. Its okay I don't plan on carry it long distances ever)

There is a third tray under that. I didn't have to get into that one to do the GenX TCT replacement.

Old 10-07-2014, 06:50 PM
Community Organizer

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Would have never guessed it has almost 120k miles on it. Maintenance is key
Old 10-07-2014, 07:05 PM

Yeah the pictures make it look good but there is some wear and tear. I can't push this car yet until I do the TCT, Shocks/Spring Upgrade, and Fluid Flush.
Old 10-09-2014, 05:15 PM

FYI guys, I am just editing the first post each time I update it because it bothers me when comments interrupt the thread. If there is another way to solve that issue please let me know!
Old 10-10-2014, 12:02 AM
Community Organizer

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

congrats and welcome to s2ki!
Old 10-10-2014, 04:19 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Nice maitenance.

What is next?

Have you seen the link in my signature?
Old 10-10-2014, 06:19 PM

Hey Themikewoo just updated for today. Next up tomorrow is Engine Oil, M/T Fluid, and Differential Fluid. I will be replacing with Castrol Edge with Titanium 5w-30 (OEM Honda Filter and New Crush Washer), Honda MTF, and Castrol Syntrax LS 75w-90. Probably will also do the Rain X Fluid.
Old 10-11-2014, 08:53 AM

Continuation...

So it forced an image limit on me so I have to start over

10-11-2014

Maintenance

- Changed Oil and Filter using Castrol Edge w/ Titanium 5w-30 and OEM Honda Oil Filter and Crush Washer
- Changed Manual Transmission Fluid with Honda M/T and crush washers for drain/fill.
- Changed Differential Fluid with Castrol Syntrax LS 75w-90 and crush washers for drain/fill.

Differential Magnetic Drain Bolt was Dirty with Shavings (I left my phone in the car while it was on the lift and had my friend take a picture of it. Sorry for the lack of clarity)

Sixity Wiper Blades - ~ $13 for the pair

I wish these arrived yesterday cause it was pouring. I will give a review of them once they have been put under some real world testing.

Next up to do is wait for the Crankshaft Holder ORING to solve that weep and suspension this week. I can safely push the car now mechanically.

10-12-2014

Maintenance

- Replaced Windshield Wiper Blades
- Put in Rain X Allseason Fluid (Orange Fluid = bad idea lol)
- Filled up gas and put a whole bottle of Techron Fuel Treatment

Purchased Goodyear Gatorback Serpentine Belt 4060578

Initial impression of the Sixity Wiper blades for a mere $13 is that there is no streak and VERY QUIET! Granted they are brand new so we shall see later down the line!

10-13-2014

Today we have OOOOO LOOKIE HERE THE FRONTS! *Reminder* I already had rears because they came in the trunk when I bought the car and I already received my Swift Spec R Springs in the mail.

When will they be installed?! Your guess is as good as mine. Hopefully sometime this week!

10-15-2014

- Replaced Crankshaft Holder O-Ring (Common Oil Weep Issue and Torqued to 36 lb/ft)

10-18-2014

Maintenance

- Changed Idle Pulley Bearing w/ TIMKEN 203FF

I was changing my belt and noticed the sound and little crunchy noise for the pulley. I replaced the bearing, but ended up putting the Micro V Gates belt back on cause its still good.

Tips: Use a 27mm socket to beat the old one out. (Can't reuse it so you better have the right replacement) Use a 29mm socket to put the new one in with a hammer or mallet. Make sure you re-position the socket after each hit. There is a good DIY on how to take off the idle pulley and such. Have a great day my friends
Old 10-12-2014, 05:16 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

so refreshing to see a thread like this I instead of your typical build thread. very nice ride! keep this up and this car will last till you die lol.
Old 10-12-2014, 05:56 PM

Thank you! I know it's not exciting haha but I like to keep track of what I do

Quick Reply: Journey into the S