Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

Lol S2K's shitbox (Project DMSTC8D)

Old 04-21-2017, 11:31 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by bruthaboost
Lol, I've read that article backwards and forwards several times.

Got the car back from getting wrapped but it's cloudy today and couldn't get very good pics. Here's the best I could do.

This is 3M's new color "Gloss Wicked" very deep purple with some glittery bits. Absolutely love it, looks black until you get some good light on it and the purple comes out.

Last edited by lolS2K; 04-21-2017 at 12:00 PM.
Old 04-21-2017, 06:53 PM
Community Organizer

Received 217 Likes on 138 Posts

Wow, that color is nice!
Old 04-22-2017, 05:16 PM

Received 59 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by lolS2K
Lol, I've read that article backwards and forwards several times.

Got the car back from getting wrapped but it's cloudy today and couldn't get very good pics.
Hahaha! So have I. It's on the dream build list, but I just don't know what I'd drop it into.

Great looking wrap. You've done an incredible job with your project.
Old 05-04-2017, 06:03 AM

A few shots from Cars and Coffee this weekend and one of the Depo taillights. Really like the way they freshen up the look, the AP1 design looks extremely dated. Work Meisters should hopefully be here next month!

Old 05-04-2017, 08:20 AM
Community Organizer

Received 551 Likes on 503 Posts

Now you just need some proper width wheels/ rubber on the rear of that thing.

Love the look of those ITB's. Any concern of sucking in dirt, birds or small children into the motor though?
Old 05-04-2017, 09:00 AM

Received 147 Likes on 96 Posts

I love the color, and your build. those trumpets under the hood look soooooo good.

I think the tail lights need to grow on me. Still love the factory ones too much.
Old 05-04-2017, 03:25 PM

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

That wrap looks phenomenal. I bet that motor screams.
Old 05-04-2017, 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by s2000Junky
Now you just need some proper width wheels/ rubber on the rear of that thing.

Love the look of those ITB's. Any concern of sucking in dirt, birds or small children into the motor though?
Thanks bud! Can't wait for the new wheels to get here. I've got mesh filters between the air horns and the runners, but I'm looking into getting some air boxes. Kicking around the idea of running a half size rad and running 4" tubing from airboxes and merge them into a single 4" that sits where the other half of the radiator should be. Put a MAF on it and get a lot less headache with tuning when it's time for long tubes and heads.

Originally Posted by RussianHammer
I love the color, and your build. those trumpets under the hood look soooooo good.

I think the tail lights need to grow on me. Still love the factory ones too much.
I like the factory AP2 well enough, but for the same price I was able to get these and not have take a dremel to the metal. Made it an easy decision for me.

Originally Posted by uh0h50
That wrap looks phenomenal. I bet that motor screams.
She makes a nice note, but gets overpowered by the exhaust pretty quickly
Old 06-02-2017, 08:50 AM

Car was featured on ScottieDTV this week. Did a little baby hole shot and talked about the car/mods a little bit.

Old 07-18-2017, 08:19 PM

Been a while since I updated so here goes: Took the car to the Dragon today. First time I've ever been so I took it easy. Car felt planted on these fortune auto coilovers especially for "just" having Pilot Super Sports all around. I've been on similar roads with RS3s on stock suspension but the car felt much more settled and planted than before. Mishimoto rad was installed between now and the last post due to a busted rad hose. Long tubes have also been installed. Will try to upload a video. Apparently I'm driving the wrap off the bumper...

In other news. Meisters will be here this week! Too bad I'll be out of town for the week and won't get to mount them until the beginning of August... I've got these AD08R waiting to go on them. 255/35/18 and 285/30/18

Finally, new heads are ordered from Tony Mamo for the LS. Between those and the long tubes I should be well over 450 hp to the wheels, hopefully more than 400 tq. Car will hit the dyno late August or early September.

Quick Reply: Lol S2K's shitbox (Project DMSTC8D)