Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

My OEM+ SS AP2 Street / Track day thread

Old 09-17-2015, 12:42 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default My OEM+ SS AP2 Street / Track day thread

Hey guys! I've been a lonngggggg time lurker of S2ki and while I always liked S2000's, I never planned to own one. I've built TONS of other Honda's over the years.. some show cars and some track cars. After owning a few very different cars (STi, 370Z, ect) I took a break from the sports car life for a couple of years. Fast forward a few years and I found myself in the market for a RWD, roadster that was fun to drive. Then I asked myself why I never owned an S2000 being that I am a die hard Honda enthusiast... So I decided to get one! I have to say... I LOVE driving it!

Here are a few pics of my most recent Honda build. A real JDM EG6 SiR-S that I restored in 2013.

When I got it:

Stripped down:

Two months later:

I picked up my AP2 about a month ago now and have done a few small things to it so far. I bought it from a friend of mine that never really drove it. They did install a J's Racing single side cat-back w/test pipe and a set of BC Racing BR series coilovers.

It's a 2004 with about 75k miles so the original top was in pretty poor shape. So a few days after I picked it up, I got a sweet deal on an EZ-ON top and had it installed by an EZ-ON installer.

Since my buddy owned the car for a few years, he and his fiance only put about 14k miles on it in the 4 years of ownership. I brought the maintenance up to date and changed all of the fluids. My Honda dealer set me up with a sweet Honda hat!

The car was pretty low so I have since raised it up about two inches.

I changed out the OE sun-baked shift boot with a new black leather / red stitch unit and installed an HR white/silver delrin gear knob.

I had my friends in Europe send me some EDM Honda Access two piece floor mats so I could get rid of the gross OEM ones. These are so nice!

My AP2 and new CR-V Touring.

My good friend has an AP1 with the OEM optional BBS wheels, this thing is slick!

That's it for now. I don't plan on doing a TON of stuff to this car, certainly not going to do a full build like every other Honda I have owned. But I want to have some fun with it and do a few local track day events while the weather is nice.

Parts on the way:
Spoon CR93 Silver 17x8.5 +53 & 17x9.5 +63 wheels
Tires (undecided at this time)
Spoon Monoblock calipers
Goodridge SS brake lines
Hawk HP+ pads F&R
ATE Brake fluid
Volk Formula lugs

Other mods planned:
CR Front bumper and lip
First Molding hood
Voltex Wing
Recaro bucket
Seat Harness
Possibly upgrade the clutch & flywheel (Depending on how this one handles the first track day.)

Other than that I don't have much else planned.

Thanks for looking!
Old 09-17-2015, 12:50 PM

Received 95 Likes on 64 Posts

Nicely done EG and good work so far on the S. It was too low for my taste too, so glad to see you fixed that. Looks like this car is in good hands now
Old 09-17-2015, 01:16 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

looking good David!

now for some mf10s on the s2k to match with the eg6!
Old 09-17-2015, 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by ap2 jared
looking good David!

I looked for at least 4 weeks for a set of MF10s!! I found a perfect set with tires but the guy that has them "decided not to sell them," so I guess it wasn't meant to be. I picked up a set of Spoon CR93's for the track so at least won't be totally stock! haha!
Old 09-17-2015, 01:50 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TypeOne
Originally Posted by ap2 jared' timestamp='1442524568' post='23750143
looking good David!

I looked for at least 4 weeks for a set of MF10s!! I found a perfect set with tires but the guy that has them "decided not to sell them," so I guess it wasn't meant to be. I picked up a set of Spoon CR93's for the track so at least won't be totally stock! haha!
let me know when your ready to search for a set of mf10s again. i'll help you track a set down.

Old 09-17-2015, 03:58 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Followed your civic build and it is simply amazing, cant wait to see what you do to the s2000.
Old 09-17-2015, 04:17 PM

coming right along top looks good
Old 09-18-2015, 01:12 AM

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

Keep up the good work....
Old 09-18-2015, 06:25 AM

Originally Posted by ap2 jared
let me know when your ready to search for a set of mf10s again. i'll help you track a set down.

YES!
Old 09-25-2015, 12:01 PM

Installed my wheels and brake upgrade last night. I must say, I'm really surprised with the way these things stop. I was anticipating the Spoon caliper to be a little better than stock but man, night and day difference. Of course, the rotors, brake lines, pads and fluid change probably has a lot to do with it as well.

I picked up these calipers from another member on here.

Spoon CR93 (Thanks Tommy @ GO Tuning for the help getting these sizes!)
17x8.5 +53 Nitto NT01 225/45
17x9.5 +62 Nitto NT01 255/40

Dirty ass wheel well.

Mock up of the caliper and new rotor.

Everything installed

Overall I'm really happy with how the car drives and stops. I was a little disappointed with the overall weight of the Spoon wheels and tire. Each front wheel/tire weighs in @ 45lbs, and the rear came in at 47.4lbs each. Pretty heavy compared to like a set of Enkei, Wedssport TC105Ns or even similar sized CE28N, ect.

Oh well, we will see how it all works out. I've got a track event coming up next month so it will be time to shred these tires!

Quick Reply: My OEM+ SS AP2 Street / Track day thread