Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

OEM+ NFR AP2 Build - TX

Old 04-27-2019, 02:21 PM

Received 46 Likes on 40 Posts

Wanted to give an update! I’ve been driving the car a ton lately and it’s been doing perfect. I really like the power band because now it really rips below 6k rpm so traffic driving is so much nicer. One thing I didn’t like was the tension on the oil lines where the Greddy kit puts the oil filter. Luckily for me I LOVE making brackets so I fabbed it up, built new hoses and got it done. No issues!

Last edited by Nfinitecc; 04-27-2019 at 02:24 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Desertpunk (11-20-2022)
Old 07-04-2019, 09:29 AM

Been driving the car ALOT, been taking it out every chance I get. We had a local show last weekend so I took the opportunity to work the paint over a bit and spend the day with the family. I’m really fighting the urge to buy wheels, I really wanna throw a set of 57 Extremes on it but I just don’t wanna roll fenders. Rear I don’t care so much but I hate loose / trimmed front liners. I’m sure it’ll happen eventually.

Old 08-17-2019, 04:31 PM

Old 08-17-2019, 04:32 PM

Installed a Koyo radiator, Honda coolant and switched to AMSOIL 10w-40. Still running fantastic.

Old 08-27-2019, 10:15 AM

One thing I never liked was the oil relocation kit, I reworked it and I was extremely happy with what I came up with. It worked flawlessly, that being said if I could eliminate hoses then I will. I contacted science of speed about their kit, they sent me a template for their relocation bracket, it was going to be tight but it ended up fitting no problem . While I was in there I went ahead and made a stainless heat shield to block my intake from the hot air coming from the fans. My intake temps have been getting a little warmer than I like in the summer heat. Everything is working great, now I’m going to put insulation on the bottom of the plate and wrinkle coat the top.

Desertpunk (11-20-2022)
Old 08-27-2019, 01:09 PM

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

I just stumbled across this build sitting in the waiting room of a hospital. I love the attention to detail and I love that even though you went through the motions of parting ways with the car you decided to stick it out and seem to be loving the car more now instead of having a resentment towards it. The car is a great platform. I almost sold mine a while back because I lost interest in it and wanted a v8. However every time I drive the s2000 it reminded me that nothing else is like it. The attention it gets, the way it feels, handles, sounds. It’s such an under appreciated platform. And it’s one of the most capable cars out there.

I think you should stop pussy footing and roll the fenders though. I didn’t buy wheels for my car for 9 years of ownership because I didn’t want to bacon the fenders. I had the rears rolled and ran spacers for 7 years before I finally caved and ordered wheels. And tried to go without rolling them until one night I was going into my driveway and didn’t use the right amount of angle and pulled the metal out. I was left with no choice but to roll the fronts and try to get it fixed.

Needless to say I was able to get it fixed and the roll looks super oem. Just get it done by someone you trust and has a good reputation local to you. It can be done without having bacon fenders. I did trim some of the fender liner because they were getting ate up before the roll. But now it’s literally perfect.

So just go for it, you won’t regret it bro.
Desertpunk (11-20-2022)
Old 09-01-2019, 04:04 PM

Soon...... soon

Old 09-01-2019, 07:18 PM

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Old 09-04-2019, 05:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Loved reading this build! Can't wait to get an S of my own, I also can't wait to see the new wheels
Old 12-04-2019, 04:28 AM

Typical me fashion I was getting bored again so I decided to finally do what I want with the car regardless of hurting value. I tried to sell the car for awhile and the low balling was unreal so I figure, why do I care? First step is I took off the Ohlins and am installing a full Airlift set up with the performance series struts. Once I finish it up I’ll have the fenders rolled and wheels fitted, then remove the soft top and install an OEM style hardtop. First step, the airlift!

Desertpunk (11-20-2022)

Quick Reply: OEM+ NFR AP2 Build - TX