Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

Potato's AP2

Old 07-19-2017, 11:23 AM

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

05/18/17

Woke up one morning and decided I should stop being lazy and raise my car so that I could take it to get aligned again. After my previous alignment fiasco where the tech at Honda did the exact opposite of what I requested, I stopped by a local Hankook shop and had them align my car, they were super knowledgeable and was able to throw my car on the alignment rack an hour after I called. I believe I settled on -3.7 front and -3.5 rear camber, along with 0 front toe, and 1/4 rear toe. The next day, I decided to embark on the wonderful delight that is removing the rep trunk spoiler that was attached to the car when I got it. I had hoped that it would be a simple process, but there was quite a bit of sticky tape that I wasn't anticipating, along with a warped 3rd brake light....

Potato's AP2-o4vljlf.jpg
Potato's AP2-y7cxive.jpg
Potato's AP2-2025zkg.jpg
Potato's AP2-zvf4wbu.jpg
Potato's AP2-zq1axxm.jpg
Potato's AP2-cxdhtrf.jpg
Old 07-19-2017, 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by TsukubaCody
TFW Potato shitting on the game from the future.
Originally Posted by ripper0306
Really nice !
Originally Posted by jay.algier
Car looks so good
thanks fellas!

Originally Posted by chrisaltima
What a wheel size! Not sure why they don't bring these back, perfect fitment.
I think the popularity of 17x10 +45 CE's has kinda left them not wanting to introduce another size to maintain and order for vendors. I do agree that 17x9.5 +42 is perfect for stock body, stock brake owners though.

Originally Posted by Ricky_Flowers_
Love the wheels, but I don't think they'll fit any kind of BBK =(
Yeah, I'm relatively sure they won't fit.. but I have faith that 17x9.5 +35 might be able to clear your BBK kit... possibly....
Old 07-19-2017, 11:44 AM

06/01/17

While I was in Japan, I had the wonderful opportunity to go to ASM in Yokohama. The shop space is incredible, with a huge collection of Recaros along with an awesome seating area in which you can see into the shop and watch the employees work on whatever cars come into the shop for work. I also got to take a look at all of the details of the ASM demo car which was also incredible to see in person (and stand on the front splitter per suggestion of the owner). With being at ASM, I decided to buy their carbon race hub due to it being nicely discounted compared to purchasing from vendors stateside. I had always really wanted the ASM hub due to the fact that it was slightly longer than the Works Bell standard hub that I already had, along with the amazing looking carbon trim piece that ASM uses for their hub. When I returned home from Japan, I also ordered a Works Bell Rapfix II quick release to pair with the hub, and after a huge wait for the quick release, I was able to finally install it and replace the old and ugly Works Bell hub that I had temporarily purchased.

Potato's AP2-qty82ny.jpg
Potato's AP2-by24w6q.jpg
Potato's AP2-weictld.jpg
Potato's AP2-oc8qcph.jpg
Potato's AP2-pw6ynyr.jpg
Old 07-20-2017, 02:11 AM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Clean !
Old 07-20-2017, 08:03 AM
Community Organizer

Received 217 Likes on 138 Posts

Love that wheel. Curious to see how those 9.5s fit.
Old 07-20-2017, 02:23 PM

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts

Man that hub is so sick. I'd love to do a steering wheel setup eventually.
Old 07-20-2017, 03:01 PM

06/03/17

A couple heavily cropped potato pics from a random spot in Seattle.

Potato's AP2-mphzxgi.jpg
Potato's AP2-zlmnt6k.jpg
Old 07-20-2017, 03:04 PM

Love that wheel. Curious to see how those 9.5s fit.
Yeah, my buddy mentioned when he test fit the 9.5/35's, they needed almost a 10mm spacer to clear a Spoon caliper.. so I imagine it's not gonna look very good for fitting brakes..

Originally Posted by Dreaming_S2k
Man that hub is so sick. I'd love to do a steering wheel setup eventually.
Whew, steering wheel setup and bucket seat is one of my favorite mods to start. It greatly changes how the car feels to drive imo.
Old 07-21-2017, 05:00 AM
Community Organizer

Received 217 Likes on 138 Posts

Hopefully once we have the bracket design finalized we can make a wheel fitment template. That way we'll know for sure. I think the spoon caliper is harder to fit than the ST-40 kit, and our caliper has 9mm more clearance than the ST-40. You might just be fine, but I suppose we'll find out lol.
Old 07-21-2017, 10:25 AM

Hopefully once we have the bracket design finalized we can make a wheel fitment template. That way we'll know for sure. I think the spoon caliper is harder to fit than the ST-40 kit, and our caliper has 9mm more clearance than the ST-40. You might just be fine, but I suppose we'll find out lol.
Yeah, the Spoon caliper is pretty extreme for wheel clearance from what I heard. At least I know my TE's will clear the brake kit just fine. 9mm's more clearance should mean that my CE's might fit though, I just probably will have to run 17x9.5 +35's in the front to clear instead of the +42's.

Quick Reply: Potato's AP2