Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

Resan's Build

Old 07-31-2015, 08:36 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Today I finally got my carbon Tamon wing.

The quality is great! I wouldn't have expected anything less. It even comes with double sided tape. The fitment is probably a 9/10 because there is a slight gap on the top corners, but that could be because the J's Racing trunk has a slightly different shape opposed to the OEM trunk. The carbon weave is perfect and similair to the weave of trunk. It would have been perfect if the carbon lined up with the carbon of my trunk, but hey you can't have it all I guess and I really don't mind. I'm really happy with this wing it was well worth the money I think.

Went out to take a couple of pictures in the sun from a few different angles.

My carbon frontlip is still on it's way. The box where my lip was in got lost in Japan. After a week of seacrching they finally found it, so it should arrive in 1 or 2 weeks.
Old 08-01-2015, 05:42 AM

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

How long did u wait for the wing?
Old 08-01-2015, 06:45 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

really like how the rear end is turning out with the carbon fiber match up
Old 08-01-2015, 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by c_me_go
How long did u wait for the wing?
Around 2 months, but I could have gotten it 2 weeks earlier I think, because shipping didn't go as smooth. I was supposed to get the wing and lip at the same time, but then the lip got lost and because it was in a different container the Tamon spoiler stayed in the UK for a week. There was also a big storm here, so that delayed it even more. 2 months is alright I guess. I'm a fairly patient guy. In the past I had to wait 7 months for J's Racing parts that I ordered from. The company Jdmautoparts.nl that supplied my wing are usually pretty fast and they can get any part you need.

Originally Posted by Grip Hrd
really like how the rear end is turning out with the carbon fiber match up
Tnx, me too! This is exactly what I had invisioned. The only thing I would still like is a carbon Challenge single exhaust cap with a custom hole for the rear fog light. I think that would pretty much "finish" the rear end. The next thing on the list is to repaint the whole car. I'm thinking of a lighter shade of black, so the carbon kinda blends in with rest of the car. I'm still not 100% sure though. We'll see what happens. I'm might just go neon yellow lol.
Old 08-01-2015, 12:21 PM
Community Organizer

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

looking good resan. i think leaving the rear carbon is fine regardless of color.
i was happy how mine turned out
Old 08-02-2015, 04:39 AM

Originally Posted by bouford
looking good resan. i think leaving the rear carbon is fine regardless of color.
i was happy how mine turned out
Tnx Felipe. You are right. I might just leave it Silverstone and fix all the flaws in the bodywork and whatnot. I got plenty of time to think about. I'm sure I'll figure it out haha.
Yes, yours looks amazing like that. Bermuda Blue is definetly in my top 5 colors. There are not even a handfull in that color here in the Netherlands. It also looks so damn good in the sun! So who knows.
Old 08-06-2015, 01:50 PM

Today my carbon Aeroworkz lip arrived after a little delay. Could it be the first Aeroworkz lip in Europe? I think so...

I'm more than happy with the end result! This was exactly what I had in mind. I still have enough ground clearance, the design is subtle and not too big. Not sure if I will keep the double canards. The front does looks nice and aggresive like this, but I'm curious how it looks with only one canard on each side.

Here are some pictures from different angles so you have a good idea how it looks. Sorry for the bright photos. The sun was very low. I'll do a photoshoot later this month with a professional.

Old 08-06-2015, 04:52 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

In love with the SE37k, really want a set for my daily. Good looking car so far!
Old 08-07-2015, 01:13 AM

Originally Posted by jaor.s2k
In love with the SE37k, really want a set for my daily. Good looking car so far!
Tnx man, check out Japan auction. You might find a decent set, if you are lucky.
Old 08-10-2015, 04:58 PM

Today I installed facelift headlights on my car. They are not mine, but belong to a friend. I can use them until he gets a S2K for himself.
I like them, but I think the prefacelift headlights suit the car slightly better.

Quick Reply: Resan's Build