Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

Ricky's semi-legitimate, kinda dumb build thread.

Old 05-18-2020, 06:44 AM

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Ricky_Flowers_
Yo! Yeah, the idea is to be able to take a trip to the dragon with zero issues like I used to. I'm really sensitive to small mechanical issues with the car, so it has to be absolutely perfect before I feel comfortable going on a road trip. It's aaaaallllmost there hahaha
Completely understandable, its a long trip. If youre willing, id love to join the trip. Shoot me a text with details if you still have my number, if not and youre willing to let me join, Ill shoot you a message.

Going to do a shakedown at a track event prior to the trip?

Sidenote, once our city starts opening up again we have to do another Steve's meetup.
Old 05-18-2020, 12:39 PM

Received 158 Likes on 121 Posts

I dig it.
Old 07-09-2020, 05:02 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks good Ricky, I've still never been to the dragon, so I'd like to be in on this when it happens!
Old 09-04-2020, 11:54 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LiteSPEC 70mm Titanium Single Exhaust

I was pretty happy with the sound of the T1R 70R-EM, but for a single exhaust it was pretty hefty, and it had been through some REAL abuse. I did at least 2-3 laps of Sebring with that thing dragging along the racetrack, which scraped up the muffler pretty bad, and it was just in poor shape overall. My good friend SHG_Mike was in the process of transitioning his car to more of a street-friendly setup, which meant he was looking to sell his LiteSPEC Ti 70mm single, which is an item I've always coveted. I've always wanted a titanium exhaust on my car, but I wasn't too fond of the typical J's racing singles, or the Tomei single. Anything Amuse was out of my price range, and I've found them to be brittle and not really up to the task for hard track use. This LiteSPEC exhaust had been cleaned up, re-packed, and re-welded for strength by Mike, and it sounded GREAT on his car, so when he offered it to me for a steal I couldn't refuse.

Obviously the first thing that strikes you is how insanely light the exhaust is. The whole exhaust including hardware and gaskets weighs ten pounds. The T1R I pulled off the car (pictured above) weighed 33 pounds! Once installed, I fired the car up and, uhh... it's loud, now.

VERY loud.

Here's a video of me ripping around some local backroads with my buddy recording:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5noq7MnGkoo

The car is properly, inappropriately loud now. It's glorious. Everything about my car is, by track car standards, very low-key and under the radar. That's very much not the case anymore. Every little downshift, any time I roll into the gas feels naughty now. The sound the car makes when the computer switches to the big cam is straight-up race car. It bangs and pops on overrun, but not artificially so like every new Porsche or BMW. Sometimes, when I'm driving at night, I catch a quick flash of light in my rear view as a pop of flame comes out. Can you tell I'm excited by all this?

I'll likely keep this exhaust until I get bored or tired of it, but the only logical step from here on out is a 3" titanium exhaust. That's likely going to cost an ungodly sum of money, so I think this exhaust will be on the car for at least a few years.
Following your build from now on
Old 10-14-2020, 11:14 AM

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

how was the dragon, Rick? You ended up taking the Vag?
Old 11-30-2020, 11:26 AM

Received 158 Likes on 121 Posts

BUMP.

I need motivation. Post more stuffs.
Old 07-12-2021, 03:17 PM

Received 177 Likes on 125 Posts

Ricky,

Question for you about your block. Is yours a refreshed stock sleeve block from inline? What pistons/bore size did you use for your build? Thx man.
Old 12-05-2021, 03:58 PM
Community Organizer

Received 217 Likes on 138 Posts

Who's up?
Old 12-05-2021, 05:17 PM

Received 419 Likes on 319 Posts

Who's up?
where you been
Old 12-06-2021, 07:03 AM
Community Organizer

Received 217 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by TsukubaCody
where you been
Scheming.
The following users liked this post:
TsukubaCody (12-06-2021)

Quick Reply: Ricky's semi-legitimate, kinda dumb build thread.