Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

Ricky's semi-legitimate, kinda dumb build thread.

Old 09-03-2014, 01:04 PM
Community Organizer

Received 218 Likes on 139 Posts

Originally Posted by rockstar143

Found your thread!
This is where they keep all the fun people on this forum...sweet!

I actually did the Billman TCT 2 weeks ago and have the exedium diff collars on the way from Chris Mirabileboy...

Did you buy those green AP2V1 wheels from a guy named Josh with a small pick up truck?
Yeah, the party is up in my build thread, yo! lol

I bought the wheels from a friend from high school. He had an '08 and tracked the car on those wheels. He sold the car back in '09 and the wheels have been sitting behind his house since lol. I got them for close to nothing. Now I'm looking for a set of AP2 V1 rears to make a non-staggered set....
Old 09-04-2014, 03:29 AM

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

You could probably get by running a 245 on a 7.5 front, no?

Cool, btw...you hustler. Glad I found the party!

These are the people I bought my top from (and various other parts), they're a junkyard in Tampa.
Contact them and ask for Tony...tell him ebay Jeremy "swimex37" sent you and ask if they'll give you a package deal. Looks like they have a couple of rears listed and they constantly get donor cars.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2006-07-HOND...05cd65&vxp=mtr
Old 09-04-2014, 04:21 AM
Community Organizer

You could probably get by running a 245 on a 7.5 front, no?

Cool, btw...you hustler. Glad I found the party!

These are the people I bought my top from (and various other parts), they're a junkyard in Tampa.
Contact them and ask for Tony...tell him ebay Jeremy "swimex37" sent you and ask if they'll give you a package deal. Looks like they have a couple of rears listed and they constantly get donor cars.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2006-07-HOND...05cd65&vxp=mtr
Thanks J. I've been looking at ebay, but I hate the thought of paying double on an oem wheel because of shipping. I'll probably just wait until I find something local, and jump on that. I know KAB has parts cars coming and going. Honestly, not a priority right now: getting the car ready to slay the dragon is....

BTW, the next meet is the 19th of September (<-- EDIT) at K1 in Dade. Figured I'd tell you here, considering you never visit the local forums....
Old 09-04-2014, 05:21 AM

Be safe out there, friend.

I got you, I will say that they had it listed at $200 shipping for the top, and they gave it to me for actual freight charge of $120 so they'd likely hook you up too. Anyway, I feel you...next to nothing means you paid $200 for those wheels...so paying another $300 would be nuts.

I bet you could buy a 2nd set and sell the lot of the 7.5's to a civic forum guy.

Whoah...MAY of next year?
What I'd really like to do is coordinate with Acurazine and get everyone together at one meat...since the ones I normally set up are pretty small but good group of non-douchey guys/gals. That'd be fun.
Old 09-04-2014, 05:28 AM
Community Organizer

Be safe out there, friend.

I got you, I will say that they had it listed at $200 shipping for the top, and they gave it to me for actual freight charge of $120 so they'd likely hook you up too. Anyway, I feel you...next to nothing means you paid $200 for those wheels...so paying another $300 would be nuts.

I bet you could buy a 2nd set and sell the lot of the 7.5's to a civic forum guy.

Whoah...MAY of next year?
What I'd really like to do is coordinate with Acurazine and get everyone together at one meat...since the ones I normally set up are pretty small but good group of non-douchey guys/gals. That'd be fun.
Sorry, I meant September. I have no idea where I pulled May from

An Acurazine meet isn't a bad idea. I was also kicking around the idea of doing an S2000/NSX Megameet next year.

I paid even less than that, dude. Seriously. I could probably buy the rears and sell the set for what I paid. Hmmmm....
Old 09-04-2014, 05:32 AM

Probably the Mayan Calendar!
Old 09-04-2014, 05:36 AM

Why not just go balls to the wall and make it an all Honda meet? I'll hit Acurazine, you handle S2000/S2KI and I have a friend over on NSXPrime that can rally them. Actually, Jose...guy with the yellow NSX AND a white Type S TL usually shows up if it's not too far. I normally pick Markham or Vista View Park...Vista view is awesome for pictures since you get car profile with nothing behind, but you have to plan for shade because there aren't too many trees.

Also, check this sh*t out at Acura of PP yesterday...getting Tein coils and Advan wheels...26 of 45 Imola Orange in the US and A...and the orange interior is even MORE rare.

DSC_2491 by swimex37, on Flickr

DSC_2496 by swimex37, on Flickr

DSC_2497 by swimex37, on Flickr
Old 09-04-2014, 05:37 AM

Shoot, I'm actually buddy's with a lot of the guys (techs and manager) there...I can get them to come out too...maybe even bring their new TLX, first one to get a prototype coil/wheels in the states.

DSC_2500 by swimex37, on Flickr
Old 09-04-2014, 05:38 AM

Gotta be honestly selfish though...I'd likely have a hard time making a September meet so I'd almost rather do October/November since I'll be closing and probably busy as fark from 9/16 on.
Old 09-04-2014, 05:42 AM
Community Organizer

Why not just go balls to the wall and make it an all Honda meet? I'll hit Acurazine, you handle S2000/S2KI and I have a friend over on NSXPrime that can rally them. Actually, Jose...guy with the yellow NSX AND a white Type S TL usually shows up if it's not too far. I normally pick Markham or Vista View Park...Vista view is awesome for pictures since you get car profile with nothing behind, but you have to plan for shade because there aren't too many trees.

Also, check this sh*t out at Acura of PP yesterday...getting Tein coils and Advan wheels...26 of 45 Imola Orange in the US and A...and the orange interior is even MORE rare.

DSC_2491 by swimex37, on Flickr

DSC_2496 by swimex37, on Flickr

DSC_2497 by swimex37, on Flickr
I WANT THIS SO HARD. What is life? What am I doing wrong? I'll sell a limb for this. Why not? Ugh. Son of a bitch.

We'll talk about this off-forum, but I really think we need to do this.

Quick Reply: Ricky's semi-legitimate, kinda dumb build thread.