Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

Sirbikealot7's Auction car rebuild and Function>Form quest for Lap times

Old 08-23-2018, 04:49 AM

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Chibo
Horry shit, dude. Nice! Your build is absolutely great.

Is the GT350 stock? I really did not expect him to very mildly walk you down the straight.
Thanks dude, yup it is. My other friend Adam has an R that was with us this weekend. All 3 cars are about dead nuts the same down the front straight. Notice I reel him in in the last braking zone and coming through the last corner he had a bit of a straighter line so he got on the power earlier and got a couple mph on me. We've done the same exatlct thing switched before and I'll pull them. The cars are nearly identical actually. That extra torque they make helps haul the fat ass haha. For example Chris in the car pictures has a best time of 1.51 in that car. He's a local racer, won the championship last year and is an instructor. He knows what he's doing
Old 08-26-2018, 11:32 PM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

that's a really nice cage!

why'd you put the exhaust on the left side instead of right? seams like a shorter path to the right...? or are you planning a trip to laguna seca? haha

who ever took those pics is a great photographer... so rare to see good track action pics

congrats on the 1:48! the car definitely has a 1:47 in it just from that last cork screw to the straight section based on what I can make out on the aim solo... but nice driving! are you letting out at T9 or are you taking it flat? it sounds like you ease off a little, but the speedo seams to be climbing at a steady rate, so I can't tell, haha... I imagine that corner is pretty hairy to take flat at that speed and power level. you're going faster at the T9 apex than I am before I brake for the hairpin at the end of that section, lol

it looks exciting at The Ridge, it'd be downright scary at Pacific Raceways

ps.
you know you're fast when you're getting point by's from GT3's and GT4's...
Old 08-27-2018, 11:50 AM

Received 70 Likes on 61 Posts

Sex pot!
Old 08-27-2018, 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by warmmilk
that's a really nice cage!

why'd you put the exhaust on the left side instead of right? seams like a shorter path to the right...? or are you planning a trip to laguna seca? haha

who ever took those pics is a great photographer... so rare to see good track action pics

congrats on the 1:48! the car definitely has a 1:47 in it just from that last cork screw to the straight section based on what I can make out on the aim solo... but nice driving! are you letting out at T9 or are you taking it flat? it sounds like you ease off a little, but the speedo seams to be climbing at a steady rate, so I can't tell, haha... I imagine that corner is pretty hairy to take flat at that speed and power level. you're going faster at the T9 apex than I am before I brake for the hairpin at the end of that section, lol

it looks exciting at The Ridge, it'd be downright scary at Pacific Raceways

ps.
you know you're fast when you're getting point by's from GT3's and GT4's...

Thanks dude. I did actually send it out to the left in case I ever need to meet a dB restriction, it gives me enough room to add an additional muffler if necessary. Going to the right wouldn't let that happen, the reason I re did it in the first place and router it like that was to make room for a diffuser in the future.

The turn 15 bobble pissed me off haha. Yeah I'll get a :47 next time! and I think it shows me lifting a hair at the top of 9. The speedo is a few miles per hour shy of true GPS speed above 100 too. I'm trying to get into the :46 territory, then theres only a couple guys faster in anything that still has a license plate on it haha. Namely some modded GT3s and Viper ACRs

The photographer is Kirk Myhre from Myhre Creative. He shoots most of the Turn 2 days and very graciously sends everyone who signs up on his list a free image from the day. His work is absolutely phenominal! https://www.myhrecreative.com/

Last edited by sirbikealot7; 08-27-2018 at 01:41 PM.
Old 08-27-2018, 02:57 PM

seat time should definitely get you to the 46's as you get used to the new power and extra grip and bigger balls

when are you stepping up to hoosiers or Z214's?
Old 08-27-2018, 03:48 PM

seat time should definitely get you to the 46's as you get used to the new power and extra grip and bigger balls

when are you stepping up to hoosiers or Z214's?
I'm trying really hard to not switch to hoosiers, thats actually a big reason why I decided to go wide rather than just buy more 17s bolt 245 hoosiers on. I love the life I get out of the nt01s, and even in the new size they aren't expensive. The idea of buying tires that cost nearly 50% more and last about 1/3rd as long doesn't sound real great. That being said I'll probably get a second set of wheels this winter and give some from a used racing outlet a go or something.
Old 08-27-2018, 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by sirbikealot7
I'm trying really hard to not switch to hoosiers, thats actually a big reason why I decided to go wide rather than just buy more 17s bolt 245 hoosiers on. I love the life I get out of the nt01s, and even in the new size they aren't expensive. The idea of buying tires that cost nearly 50% more and last about 1/3rd as long doesn't sound real great. That being said I'll probably get a second set of wheels this winter and give some from a used racing outlet a go or something.
Z214's are a decent bit cheaper than Hoosiers and come close in terms of grip, definitely faster than NT01's. I think wear is also somewhere between the two. only about 20 per tire more in your new size on tirerack, you may be able to find them cheaper other places... a friend of mine tried them on his Miata and loved them (only about 190whp compared to your 440). although they were a gateway drug for him into hoosiers (also from nt01). but the hoosiers went on his vette, so no back to back comparison. same friend (and 2 others) tried the used tire thing... its really a hit and miss, and even when its a hit its not that much of a hit. at best, he got tires with only a few heat cycles left in them, most other times it was just 1 heat cycle or completely done. this was various hoosiers and pirelli slicks.

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...4C51&tab=Specs

so yeah, Z214 is my suggestion for the next place to stick your money...

Old 08-27-2018, 04:14 PM

Z214's are a decent bit cheaper than Hoosiers and come close in terms of grip, definitely faster than NT01's. I think wear is also somewhere between the two. only about 20 per tire more in your new size on tirerack, you may be able to find them cheaper other places... a friend of mine tried them on his Miata and loved them (only about 190whp compared to your 440). although they were a gateway drug for him into hoosiers (also from nt01). but the hoosiers went on his vette, so no back to back comparison. same friend (and 2 others) tried the used tire thing... its really a hit and miss, and even when its a hit its not that much of a hit. at best, he got tires with only a few heat cycles left in them, most other times it was just 1 heat cycle or completely done. this was various hoosiers and pirelli slicks.

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...4C51&tab=Specs

so yeah, Z214 is my suggestion for the next place to stick your money...
Thats not bad actually. I paid a little less than $1000 for the nt01s this time. Do they run wide like hoosiers? I already have a bit of rubbing, increasing tire size at all would likely rip my headlight brackets off and or cut the tire into a rapid deflation
Old 08-27-2018, 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by sirbikealot7
Thats not bad actually. I paid a little less than $1000 for the nt01s this time. Do they run wide like hoosiers? I already have a bit of rubbing, increasing tire size at all would likely rip my headlight brackets off and or cut the tire into a rapid deflation
not in 245/40-17, that size is about right for 200tw and/or rcomp tires of that size, but I don't if thats consistent for all their tire sizes... but tirerack does their own measuring and post the dimensions under the "specs" section, so you can look at those and compare them to other known tire sizes
Old 09-05-2018, 02:49 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Awesome build man - the fab work is awesome!

Quick Reply: Sirbikealot7's Auction car rebuild and Function>Form quest for Lap times