Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

Sirbikealot7's Auction car rebuild and Function>Form quest for Lap times

Old 01-19-2019, 04:13 PM

Received 564 Likes on 395 Posts

Oooooh direct drive wheel!!! Awesomeness. Is that the Heusinkveld chassis? Are you going to go with their pedals too? Super hardcore rig setup going so far.

Going triple screen or VR?
Old 01-19-2019, 05:55 PM

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Bullwings
Oooooh direct drive wheel!!! Awesomeness. Is that the Heusinkveld chassis? Are you going to go with their pedals too? Super hardcore rig setup going so far.

Going triple screen or VR?
Sim-lab P1 chassis, Augury 30nm big mige wheel, SRC cup wheel and a Huesinkveld E brake so far. Haven't decided on pedals yet. Would have bought the Heusinkveld sprints by now had they been available. Tons of people love the protosimtec too and they are much less expensive. Also consider making the jump to hydraulics since everything else is stupid expensive already anyway. Likely HPP SRX or Richmotech is coming out with a Wilwood 3 pedal complete inverted setup that might be just the ticket if its not unreasonably priced.

Already have a 32" lcd on the wall for screwing around or guests if they want to but I'll be using a samsung odyssey hmd + with the anti screen door. Honestly I'd probably rather do triples but I don't have the room out here without cutting more bench away.

Last edited by sirbikealot7; 01-19-2019 at 06:05 PM.
Old 10-14-2020, 09:33 AM

Figured I’d make a final reply to the thread.

Got it back together and in short won global time attack limited class at the ridge in WA. I had already decided to part ways with the car a while back but the car has been sold now . Best of luck to the new owner in SoCal. You’ll likely see it in GTA again
The following users liked this post:
Bullwings (10-14-2020)
Old 10-14-2020, 09:36 AM

Received 564 Likes on 395 Posts

SoCal owner. Looks like I might end up seeing this on track locally then. Good luck with the new chassis. I enjoyed following this build thread.
sirbikealot7 (10-27-2020)
Old 10-14-2020, 10:28 PM
Community Organizer

Received 551 Likes on 503 Posts

Enjoyed the thread as well

What's the next toy?
Old 10-15-2020, 07:52 PM

Received 177 Likes on 125 Posts

Ya wow some build and nice driving! Sorry to see it go, I was late finding this thread. What's the next toy?
Old 10-27-2020, 05:58 PM

Eventually ill likely end up with a C6Z06. I’m tired of a track only car and want NA and a lot of power. I think I’ll probably buy a nice newer wake/surf boat first though. Life changes!
SlowTeg (11-04-2020)
Old 04-24-2022, 02:38 AM
yip

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Figured I would post my updates here since Ben put a lot of time and effort into this build/thread which I am grateful for as the car is a ton of fun to drive.

Shortly after driving up from L.A. to pick the car up from Ben I put it on the back burner for over a year after a couple of mechanical issues. I originally intended to run the S in GTA Limited class but shifted my focus to my EVO for GTA 2021 season. That didn't really go as planned either and I only made competed in 2 events for 2021 and blew my head gasket on my EVO. Since the EVO is down for a new motor install I recently got motivated to pull Ben's S out of storage and start working on it. No major changes to date as I really just need to focus on getting some seat time in it since it is extremely different than my EVO and I still consider myself a beginner/novice driver.

With that said I do intend to build the motor and drivetrain over the next year and eventually compete in time trials with it. Probably shoot for 500hp build with either a quaife sequential or a T56. I kinda like rowing my own gears even if it gives up a second or two so leaning towards the Tremec.

The day I she left Washington.

Saw this gem on my way through Oregon

First time I drove the car was during GTA 2020 finals at BW and I did this during the first 30 mins of practice. The car was so much better than my EVO I was still extremely happy with my decision to buy the car.

Replaced trans blew the diff on my second day driving her at BW. She really didn't like that bump between grapevine and Club Corner because when it landed is exactly when the diff went kaboom.

Sounded awesome the way Ben had the exhaust but it took a couple of days for my hearing to come back after an hour of driving it around on the track so added this not so pretty muffler.

Added the resonator with the muffler and still thinking I might need something bigger to tone it down just a bit more

Sounded really good with the open dump that Ben had but the smell was pretty harsh so did this

Smashed Ben's splitter the first day during practice with a bad off track excursion so retrofitted this splitter off of an EVO X.

Started the flat bottom with jack point and intend to finish the complete flat bottom and rear diffuser soon.

First event at SOW in Feb this year and no break downs or issues!

Bullwings (04-24-2022)
Old 04-26-2022, 12:34 AM
yip

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Some more pics of the splitter mounting and new catch can that is vented into the downpipe. Had to relocate the battery also so we put a lightweight Antigravity in the dash:

JamesD89 (04-27-2022)
Old 08-25-2022, 01:52 PM

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

Awesome setup! I have that scavenger setup but not connected yet to exhaust. The bung is welded to exhaust already tho. Id like to see the underside of that vc tho because theres no baffles there or am i wrong?

Quick Reply: Sirbikealot7's Auction car rebuild and Function>Form quest for Lap times