Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

Slowteg- Build thread

Old 10-05-2016, 06:25 AM

Received 177 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by sillyboybmxer
I waited a long long time for a used Tiatec rail to come up for sale, now that I have used it, im a little annoyed with it because of having to lift/lock two sides and it doesnt slide easily. That said, its a little price to pay for having a rock solid rail.
Thanks. I did some googling and I guess they aren't made anymore. In terms of being a solid bracket/rail the ballade seems like the way to go, and it doesn't mount much higher. Coming from the 06+ seat which sits very high it should be noticeably lower.
Old 10-05-2016, 06:28 AM

Originally Posted by King Tut
Sliders are for street cars. I'm still pretty happy with my OMP side brackets bolted to a simple Planted seat bracket with no sliders. It gives you full flexibility to mount the seat exactly where you want it. The only downside is installing the inner rear seat bolt is a BITCH. I'd like to thank baby Jesus for the stubby ratcheting wrench from Harbor Freight.
Yep, my car is still a street car. I did look at the different fix position mounts (pci makes some), but the flexibility is nice having rails. I don't mind friends taking my car out for a couple laps to let me know what they think, and sliders definitely help allow someone else to sit comfortably.

I'll have to give Ballade a call to see if their brackets/rails work with the Evo 2..
Old 10-05-2016, 06:32 AM

Received 53 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by SlowTeg
Yep, my car is still a street car. I did look at the different fix position mounts (pci makes some), but the flexibility is nice having rails. I don't mind friends taking my car out for a couple laps to let me know what they think, and sliders definitely help allow someone else to sit comfortably.

I'll have to give Ballade a call to see if their brackets/rails work with the Evo 2..
1) Mine is a street car too. If a buddy wants to drive it, he can deal with the seat where it is. I had to mount it pretty far forward to clear the hard top anyways. Silders add an additional failure point.

2) I would never call Ballade.
Old 10-05-2016, 06:36 AM

1) Mine is a street car too. If a buddy wants to drive it, he can deal with the seat where it is. I had to mount it pretty far forward to clear the hard top anyways. Silders add an additional failure point.
Ya for sure, but decent quality sliders and the additional risk is minimal.

Am I missing something? Never dealt with them before..
Old 10-05-2016, 06:39 AM

Originally Posted by SlowTeg
Never dealt with them before..
I'd keep it that way.
Old 10-05-2016, 07:13 AM

Received 418 Likes on 318 Posts

Originally Posted by SlowTeg' timestamp='1475677701' post='24077246

Does the Planted bracket have a seat belt receiver mounting point? That's my one hold up from using a fixed rail, I have the Recaro side mounts for my seat & would like to avoid a slider just to get the seat as low as I can.
Old 10-05-2016, 07:22 AM

Originally Posted by TsukubaCody
Originally Posted by King Tut' timestamp='1475677953' post='24077250
[quote name='SlowTeg' timestamp='1475677701' post='24077246']Yep, my car is still a street car. I did look at the different fix position mounts (pci makes some), but the flexibility is nice having rails. I don't mind friends taking my car out for a couple laps to let me know what they think, and sliders definitely help allow someone else to sit comfortably.

Does the Planted bracket have a seat belt receiver mounting point? That's my one hold up from using a fixed rail, I have the Recaro side mounts for my seat & would like to avoid a slider just to get the seat as low as I can.
[/quote]

Yeah it does. I cut mine off because I was using 6 point harnesses.
Old 10-05-2016, 07:41 AM

Received 96 Likes on 71 Posts

No reason at all to avoid sliding rails in a street car unless you are using a wider seat that will be limited by them and need to get the seat even lower. The S2000 seat mounting points will be the limiting factor for some wider seats. Any seat narrower than the Pole Position you should be able to put on the floor with most seat rails available.

One thing I don't like about the Planted bracket is that for some reason they weld on the actual floor mounting points and seatbelt receptacle mounting point to the larger bracket. The Ballade bracket is a single solid piece that the rails and seat belt mounting provisions bolt to. Only issue I have had with the Ballade bracket and rails is having to file open one of the mounting holes slightly on an early version. Some of their products aside, I never have had any issues with contacting or dealing with the people at Ballade.
Old 10-05-2016, 08:17 AM

Received 418 Likes on 318 Posts

Originally Posted by TsukubaCody' timestamp='1475680431' post='24077295
[quote name='King Tut' timestamp='1475677953' post='24077250'][quote name='SlowTeg' timestamp='1475677701' post='24077246']Yep, my car is still a street car. I did look at the different fix position mounts (pci makes some), but the flexibility is nice having rails. I don't mind friends taking my car out for a couple laps to let me know what they think, and sliders definitely help allow someone else to sit comfortably. I'll have to give Ballade a call to see if their brackets/rails work with the Evo 2..
1) Mine is a street car too. If a buddy wants to drive it, he can deal with the seat where it is. I had to mount it pretty far forward to clear the hard top anyways. Silders add an additional failure point.2) I would never call Ballade.
Does the Planted bracket have a seat belt receiver mounting point? That's my one hold up from using a fixed rail, I have the Recaro side mounts for my seat & would like to avoid a slider just to get the seat as low as I can.[/quote]Yeah it does. I cut mine off because I was using 6 point harnesses.
[/quote]

This is very good to know. Thanks!

Originally Posted by andrewhake
No reason at all to avoid sliding rails in a street car unless you are using a wider seat that will be limited by them and need to get the seat even lower. The S2000 seat mounting points will be the limiting factor for some wider seats. Any seat narrower than the Pole Position you should be able to put on the floor with most seat rails available. One thing I don't like about the Planted bracket is that for some reason they weld on the actual floor mounting points and seatbelt receptacle mounting point to the larger bracket. The Ballade bracket is a single solid piece that the rails and seat belt mounting provisions bolt to. Only issue I have had with the Ballade bracket and rails is having to file open one of the mounting holes slightly on an early version. Some of their products aside, I never have had any issues with contacting or dealing with the people at Ballade.
At this point I'm torn between the Ballade rail & the Planted bracket w/ my Recaro side mounts. I don't need it to be adjustable, once I've got it right, it won't move. It's my car, it'll be set up for me. I'm just most interested in what will drop the seat more from stock height. I don't need to be on the carpet, but some drop would be nice. I'm worried about the Ballade setup because rather than a standard PP, I have the even wider PP ABE.
Old 10-06-2016, 04:14 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

My car is still street legal but get driven mostly on the track.

My wife still drives the car from time to time so a slider is required for me.

Quick Reply: Slowteg- Build thread